Arizona Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Steelers Pregame thread. 11/26/23-12/2/23

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude, we ALREADY know Murray is good, because at times, he has shown us greatness. The question is whether he can be consistently great, and whether we can, as an organization, reach sustainable success. That’s the goal, and has been the goal since the hiring of MOJG.

Disagree on already knew.

It has been a slow and painful progress that needs another season to know with certainity. I am all in favor of assembling a great coaching staff and great talent to move Murray past the hump before his athleticism falls off

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I agree. But I don’t want to wait and hope our guy is there in the draft nor do I want to see us draft 2 WR and hope they develop quickly.

We have to change the entire dynamics of the Wr room. We have too many of the same player and no size. Every good offense has two go to guys. Brown/Smith, Hill/Waddle, Chase/Higgins, Samuel/Aiyuk.

I also don’t want to depend on Wilson because of his history of availability.
Let Brown walk away. Instead of spending money on him spend it on a guy like Pittman. Now add MHJ and suddenly we’ve changed the entire dynamics of our WR room and offense. Now if Wilson does stay healthy, wow!

Yes, Pittman is going to cost us more than Brown. But this kid is a beast. He’s big, he’s young and he’s a devastating blocker that can turn a 15 yard run to a 30 yard run. Signing him would also remove of possibility of MHJ being gone before our pick.

Super interesting. I like the sense of urgency, and the goal of trying to be great in WR room, not just okay. Not just a little better.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It has been a slow and painful progress that needs another season to know with certainity. I am all in favor of assembling a great coaching staff and great talent to move Murray past the hump before his athleticism falls off
No such thing as certainty in the NFL these days. Mahomes has looked downright awful at times this year, as has Allen, and suddenly Burrow cannot stay healthy. For now, and no one knows how long “for now” is, the Cardinals will build around their franchise QB to try to find sustainable success. “Franchise QB” comes out of JG’s mouth on a regular basis, not just mine.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Without changing the dynamics of this wr room we will never squeeze everything out of Kyler that we need.
He complete 2 passes to wr yesterday. TWO! We are not going to be a very good offense with the wr’s on this roster. Defense are going to do everything they can to take away McBride here on out and who do we go to?
I’ve ripped Kyler up and down but I WANT him to be our guy. He seems to be buying in to this program. So before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let’s give Murray the proper weapons to fully give him the opportunity to succeed. A wr room of Brown, Wilson and Moore is WAY short of being even a good wr group.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No such thing as certainty in the NFL these days. Mahomes has looked downright awful at times this year, as has Allen, and suddenly Burrow cannot stay healthy. For now, and no one knows how long “for now” is, the Cardinals will build around their franchise QB to try to find sustainable success. “Franchise QB” comes out of JG’s mouth on a regular basis, not just mine.

Right?

Playing QB in the NFL is hard. Really hard.

Even a very good/great QB1 is going to miss some throws, throw some picks, and have a bad game or two during the season.

I think what you want is for your QB1 to play at a high level as consistently as possible, and to be clutch too.

You're en feugo this morning PA. Keep it going.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right?

Even a very good/great QB1 is going to miss some throws, throw some picks, and have a bad game or two during the season.

I think what you want is for your QB1 to play at a high level as consistently as possible, and to be clutch too.

Thank you CW. You’re damn right it’s hard to be a QB in the NFL right now. Mahomes absolutely AMAZES me MOST of the time, and yet there are times when he just doesn’t have it. He had some awful plays last night too. Being originally from upstate NY, I like to root for the Bills too. So, I watch Allen every week. As great as he can be at times, I find myself screaming at the TV way too often. And his turnovers always seem to come at the most critical junctures in a game. I LOVE watching Joe Burrow too. When healthy, he reminds me of Joe Montana. Cool as a cucumber. When he plays injured, he‘s a shell of himself. QB’s today may be protected by the rules WAY better than they were in the past, but defensive minds today are WAY better at exposing today’s QB’s. IMO, Murray gets a bum rap on this board at times. He’s never had even remotely a full complement of talent or coaching around him, and yes, in today’s NFL, the great QB’s absolutely need that.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just watched the replay, but only the first half.

Kyler Murray executed a 99 yard touchdown drive from their endzone to ours and it was a thing of beauty. He threw that finger-tipped pass for the first down and it was even a more impressive play from Kel…i meant McBride

That touchdown being overturned was absolute horsepew. Announcers and everyone else knew it. Absolute trash call but man Murray threw a bullet.

Luckily we got it anyway. Good drive in poor conditions.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Without changing the dynamics of this wr room we will never squeeze everything out of Kyler that we need.
He complete 2 passes to wr yesterday. TWO! We are not going to be a very good offense with the wr’s on this roster. Defense are going to do everything they can to take away McBride here on out and who do we go to?
I’ve ripped Kyler up and down but I WANT him to be our guy. He seems to be buying in to this program. So before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let’s give Murray the proper weapons to fully give him the opportunity to succeed. A wr room of Brown, Wilson and Moore is WAY short of being even a good wr group.
Yeah I think the WR room isn't up to snuff. I gave Brown the benefit of the doubt because of his play last year and his supposed connection with Kyler but he's been bleh for most of the season and is an absolute must not resign player.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Right?

I am perfectly happy with a QB1 that plays like a game manager 90 percent of the time... think, Alex Smith,... but then when its needed he can break it off with some pinpoint passes and miraculous plays to force the W...
as long as the running game is doing its job the QB does not have to be a hero...just keep the offense on schedule and moving. Boring ass methodical offense wins football games.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I am perfectly happy with a QB1 that plays like a game manager 90 percent of the time... think, Alex Smith,... but then when its needed he can break it off with some pinpoint passes and miraculous plays to force the W...
as long as the running game is doing its job the QB does not have to be a hero...just keep the offense on schedule and moving. Boring ass methodical offense wins football games.

Hmmm... it's a really interesting point oaken1. 90% of the time not making flashy plays, but protecting the ball and giving the running game a chance to do its thing. Letting routine plays (e.g. throws to McBride) turn into big gainers. That makes sense.

On the other hand, chunk plays seem to be all the rage the last couple of years. Any maybe you want an offense that is raining chaos on the opposing defense. Keeping them on their heels and in disaray.

The latter is more fun to watch, but the former might be a better forumla for winning. Interesting.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JG has an unfair reputation in and around Philadelphia because he told the Philly press before the NFC Championship game & before the SB that he wasn’t going anywhere. What the hell did they expect him to say????? Make NO mistake, JG may keep a calm demeanor on the sidelines, but he BURNS deep inside. And make no mistake, Eagles fans are the whiniest of ******* in ALL of sports.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
JG has an unfair reputation in and around Philadelphia because he told the Philly press before the NFC Championship game & before the SB that he wasn’t going anywhere. What the hell did they expect him to say????? Make NO mistake, JG may keep a calm demeanor on the sidelines, but he BURNS deep inside. And make no mistake, Eagles fans are the whiniest of ******* in ALL of sports.
Also make no mistake, that the Philadelphia defense is markedly worse this year without him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Britcard, look at the difference in Murray's performance when he throws at McBride vs. when he throws at the other receiving options. It's like he's a different QB. It's obvious.

The same thing is going to happen when we add legit #1 and #3 WR options. As proof, look at the spike in Murray's performance when we added Dhop in 2020.

And for the record I'm way more concerned about the WR corps than I am about the oline.

He had a 3800 yard rookie season throwing to Fitz's corpse, Kirl, Pharoah Cooper, Damiere Byrd, Charles Clay and Maxx Williams.

You might have a point if the other receivers were dropping everything and the pass wasn't just way underthrown or off target.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz and Kirk had 100+ targets each that year. Either would obviously be the best wideout on our current roster.
The fact that Brit is implying that WR room is a downgrade from this one is hilarious.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He had a 3800 yard rookie season throwing to Fitz's corpse, Kirl, Pharoah Cooper, Damiere Byrd, Charles Clay and Maxx Williams.

You might have a point if the other receivers were dropping everything and the pass wasn't just way underthrown or off target.
Before the season, I would have agreed with you but the proof is in the pudding. When Hollywood Brown is your best receiver, you're in trouble. I was kind of in wait and see mode because he did have a good stretch last year, but he has been consistently pretty barf this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard