2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday settles for a jumper over Harden and AIRBALLS it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not sure what’s more ridiculous; Harden getting two 1st team votes or Luka not getting a 1st or 2nd team vote by four voters. So many media people don’t take it seriously.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My daughter asked who is the guy with skinny legs. I laughed and told her it was Kevin Durant, one of the best players in the NBA.

And then it hit me, Stix has skinny legs as well. For some reason I never thought much about it in relation to a player like Durant. I keep thinking he has to build up his lower body although it wouldn't hurt.

So there is plenty of hope for Jalen Smith to develop into the player we want him to be.

I think of Stix as more of a Jonathon Isaac type played. Decent offensively but a good interior defender. If he can be half as good and twice as reliable as Isaac, ill be happy.

They've got similar builds and seem to have a knack for blocking shots. That's why I think of those 2 as a fair comparison.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
MIL should be going at Harden and Giannis should be driving to the hoop every time. Horrible offense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with these millwaukee players it’s like they like to shoot over people instead of trying to get open.

All ISO all the time. Frankly I am amazed they were able to get the record they did playing this way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the hell is giannis doing taking a fadeaway on a hobbled harden?

damn these idiots deserve to lose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t he turn down the Suns ?

yup. And I was mad about it at the time.

I mean, he was a better coach than Igor, but he can only get his teams so far. He’s a good starter coach. Helps turn teams into playoff contenders, but not title contenders.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant with a CRAZY buzzer beater.

incredible performance by him tonight.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. And I was mad about it at the time.

I mean, he was a better coach than Igor, but he can only get his teams so far. He’s a good starter coach. Helps turn teams into playoff contenders, but not title contenders.

Great luck on the Suns part

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kawai played in 52 games in the regular season, so he missed 27%. Basically he's was out 1 of every 4 games. The guy who's been out way too much for the Clips is Ibaka, who's now out for the season. They could really use him to stretch Gobert away from the basket, instead they've resorted to a lot of small ball in this series.
Lol I divided 20 by 52 instead of 72. Still, more than a quarter of the season missed and was certainly not the klaw all season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down 2, Giannis misses a FT. Then down 2 again, drops the ball when set up for an easy dunk. Down 4, misses another FT. Never takes Durant even though he’s killing them.

dude isn’t a closer and deserves whatever criticism comes his way for continually failing in the playoffs.

this thing ends in 6. Gets the Nets some rest and they’ll be healthy by Finals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think of Stix as more of a Jonathon Isaac type played. Decent offensively but a good interior defender. If he can be half as good and twice as reliable as Isaac, ill be happy.

They've got similar builds and seem to have a knack for blocking shots. That's why I think of those 2 as a fair comparison.

A healthy Jonathan Isaac would be a good outcome.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My daughter asked who is the guy with skinny legs. I laughed and told her it was Kevin Durant, one of the best players in the NBA.

And then it hit me, Stix has skinny legs as well. For some reason I never thought much about it in relation to a player like Durant. I keep thinking he has to build up his lower body although it wouldn't hurt.

So there is plenty of hope for Jalen Smith to develop into the player we want him to be.
Dude, there should NEVER be a post that insinuates stix has hope because . . . Durant. Never. Ever. No. Just . . . no.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Charles is right about him not being an expert he gets 80 % of his guarantees! Wrong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson