Chris Paul appreciation thread

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
WTF! Nooooo…
My loose face days are finished. That sucks. It’s my hobby.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
So if the Suns are bounced from the playoffs next year I actually hope Steph and his smug face, and dirty Draymond & CHRIS PAUL win it all. Would be so happy to see CP3 lift the trophy. Cannot see them get past the Nuggets though, but then again, the Bucks seemed unbeatable when they beat us in the Finals that year, and they had Middleton injured and things are no longer the same so anything can happen.

Just to be clear: Go Suns. If they are out, I cheer for CP3 and I guess a Nuggets repeat, or Miami.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if the Suns are bounced from the playoffs next year I actually hope Steph and his smug face, and dirty Draymond & CHRIS PAUL win it all. Would be so happy to see CP3 lift the trophy. Cannot see them get past the Nuggets though, but then again, the Bucks seemed unbeatable when they beat us in the Finals that year, and they had Middleton injured and things are no longer the same so anything can happen.

Just to be clear: Go Suns. If they are out, I cheer for CP3 and I guess a Nuggets repeat, or Miami.
If the Suns don't win it....go Wizards. Lol.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns don't win it....go Wizards. Lol.

Haha yeah, im one of those guys that does not have any sentimental attachment to former players, let alone one of the guys I believe was a problem for us due to his personality and lack of reliability. Maybe only Cam is a player I would have like to see develop here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a montage of him in all his various uniforms he’s worn over the years and to me he was not a Sun long enough to be put on the ROH.
Mixed feelings, not sure where I'd come down on this. I guess I'd wait and see if Booker pushes for it down the road. Not that I think he should make all our decisions but CP3 for a few reasons is a borderline case and Devin would have a better appreciation for just how important Chris was for our finals run and our best season ever.

Right now it's still too fresh as we're staring in the face of our recent failures but as time passes I'm sure we'll put those into perspective - IOW we didn't win it all with him but that applies to every other player in our ROH to date.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was a montage of him in all his various uniforms he’s worn over the years and to me he was not a Sun long enough to be put on the ROH.

I agree. He'll always be a Clipper in my mind. I appreciate what he did here but not ROH.

Saw a post on Reddit, we signed Ariza who wore #3 and traded him for Oubre, who also wore #3. We traded Oubre for Paul, who wore #3. We just traded Paul for Bradley Beal, who always worn #3.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don't see him in the ROH. He was great for us during the season but broke down in the playoffs, and was here such a short time. JMHO.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. He'll always be a Clipper in my mind. I appreciate what he did here but not ROH.

Saw a post on Reddit, we signed Ariza who wore #3 and traded him for Oubre, who also wore #3. We traded Oubre for Paul, who wore #3. We just traded Paul for Bradley Beal, who always worn #3.

Six teams career wise. One great one with us where he also did break down and managed to catch COVID.

I will always see him as a clipper too. I already put my mind through the Suns jersey #3 and already noticed several players have donned that number within the last 5 years.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To those saying that Chris was not here long enough to be put on the ROH, how long would be long enough?

A championship or 5+ years. I know Barkley is there with 4 years but we reached new heights under Chuck and he also won an MVP here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A championship or 5+ years. I know Barkley is there with 4 years but we reached new heights under Chuck and he also won an MVP here.
I think Barkley is more deserving but only by the narrowest margin and he's in the ROH which makes somewhat of a case for CP3 IMO.

Each led us to a finals appearance, neither won it all. Barkley has an MVP but CP3 was almost as lauded with his all nba team selections and all star nods despite nearing the end of his career.

Barkley joined and improved a 53 win team that was used to making the playoffs most years, CP3 was added to a sub .500 club and took us to our first playoff appearance in a decade. CP3 was here one less season than CB but the team set a club record for wins in one of them.

Barkley forced his way out of town and pissed all over the organization for many years afterward while CP3 was a great ambassador for the team and the franchise.

CP3 collapsed in the postseason regularly after a couple of stellar seasons. Barkley was as dominant of a player as we've ever had but his lazy ass cost us at least one title. And so on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Barkley is more deserving but only by the narrowest margin and he's in the ROH which makes somewhat of a case for CP3 IMO.

Each led us to a finals appearance, neither won it all. Barkley has an MVP but CP3 was almost as lauded with his all nba team selections and all star nods despite nearing the end of his career.

Barkley joined and improved a 53 win team that was used to making the playoffs most years, CP3 was added to a sub .500 club and took us to our first playoff appearance in a decade. CP3 was here one less season than CB but the team set a club record for wins in one of them.

Barkley forced his way out of town and pissed all over the organization for many years afterward while CP3 was a great ambassador for the team and the franchise.

CP3 collapsed in the postseason regularly after a couple of stellar seasons. Barkley was as dominant of a player as we've ever had but his lazy ass cost us at least one title. And so on.
Good summary. I wouldn’t be mad with CP3 in the ROH but I wouldn’t clamoring for him to be up there either.

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score

Yeah, I was hinting at Chuck in my original post. If he is in the ROH, CP3 deserves to be there as well, he has done almost as much. Thanks Steve for a great summary.