Chris Paul appreciation thread

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Huh? I'm sure #1 would disagree with you.
I should hope Booker thought he was better than Paul.

The stats and I think that Paul was better than Booker in '21 and '22. Booker was better this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I should hope Booker thought he was better than Paul.

The stats and I think that Paul was better than Booker in '21 and '22. Booker was better this year.
Which stats are you referring to that show that Chris Paul was better than Devin Booker?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The only thing separating him from Barkley is the MVP and a 4th season with a .500 record.

Eh, it's not just that. Barkley brought an electricity to the Suns that they've never had before or since, including during the Nash/Stoudemire years. They fell short in the playoffs, but they were the league's marquee team during the Jordan baseball years. Barkley is the most charismatic star in Suns history and it's not close.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eh, it's not just that. Barkley brought an electricity to the Suns that they've never had before or since, including during the Nash/Stoudemire years. They fell short in the playoffs, but they were the league's marquee team during the Jordan baseball years. Barkley is the most charismatic star in Suns history and it's not close.

Yes, it felt like the Suns were the best team when they had Barkley.

The Suns have always felt like underdogs since then.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Also, Paul should definitely be in. He was clearly the best player on the team that got closest to winning a championship. He was also the best player on the team with the best record in franchise history.

The only thing separating him from Barkley is the MVP and a 4th season with a .500 record.
We should be tough graders and have high standards when it comes to the ring of honor. Paul gave us two great years out of three but he was either hurt or compromised in every series we lost. If there was a tier below the ROH he’d be in it.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We should be tough graders and have high standards when it comes to the ring of honor. Paul gave us two great years out of three but he was either hurt or compromised in every series we lost. If there was a tier below the ROH he’d be in it.

In terms of on court impact I think he did more for the Suns than Majerle and Chambers. If they are in Paul should be in too.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm guessing Paul's lasting legacy will depend on what happens with the Suns in the next few years.

If the current superteam fails to outperform Paul's teams I think his tenure will be viewed much more fondly in retrospect.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think what I'll remember most is how he flapped his gums like a 10 yr old when he left. You kinda have to have honor to be in a ring of honor no?
And his snails pace.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ainge signed after the Barkley trade.
That’s right. Same offseason.

To be fair, free agency as we know it today started in the 88-89 offseason, so there weren’t a lot of big name free agents signing around the league prior to the 92 acquisition of Barkley. In fact, chambers was one of the biggest and was the first (at midnight, right?).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With CP3 our for Beal…do we even sign all these guys if we never do the Wizards trade?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson