2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden is playing at about 30 percent. Clearly trying not to run if it can be avoided.

he is basically a decoy.

bucks need to win this game.

Yes. Giannis went around Harden on drive and he didn't even make an effort to defend him.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sure, but how good were you if you couldn't produce wins? Look at the history of players who are awarded, its rare for a player to make it when their team doesn't make the playoffs.

Like I said, being on a bad team is the excuse used against naming Booker to those teams in the past. The Suns are good now and what happens? He's leapfrogged by players from bad teams.

We are all about to ask this question of one Kevin Durant in the midst of his 4-game losing streak as top dog.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Giannis went around Harden on drive and he didn't even make an effort to defend him.

Well, that's typical James Harden defense. He makes Nash look like Bridges. He's routinely mocked for being one of the worst defenders in the league.

I get what you're saying though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks should be up more than 16. The Nets have looked atrocious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is how the All NBA voting went for anyone interested.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that's typical James Harden defense. He makes Nash look like Bridges. He's routinely mocked for being one of the worst defenders in the league.

I get what you're saying though.

There wasn't even token effort on the particular play I watched. It was like Harden wasn't there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets have just been woeful.

and still only down 14.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter asked who is the guy with skinny legs. I laughed and told her it was Kevin Durant, one of the best players in the NBA.

And then it hit me, Stix has skinny legs as well. For some reason I never thought much about it in relation to a player like Durant. I keep thinking he has to build up his lower body although it wouldn't hurt.

So there is plenty of hope for Jalen Smith to develop into the player we want him to be.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other players receiving votes for 2021 All NBA team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Yep. My guess is Harden would have never played if not for Irving getting hurt. Maybe it forced him back in the rotation early. I never wish for someone to get hurt but all the Nets injuries might be the best chance all the other teams in the playoffs have at getting a title. With that team 100% it's almost unfair.

Agree with all of this

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant going for a legacy game. 29/15/8 through 3 and trying to mount a massive comeback on his own.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My daughter asked who is the guy with skinny legs. I laughed and told her it was Kevin Durant, one of the best players in the NBA.

And then it hit me, Stix has skinny legs as well. For some reason I never thought much about it in relation to a player like Durant. I keep thinking he has to build up his lower body although it wouldn't hurt.

So there is plenty of hope for Jalen Smith to develop into the player we want him to be.

maybe, but most rookies that don’t contribute rarely develop into much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They should be going at harden every possesion. Bucks play stupid.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Durant only played in 35 of 72 games. Reliability matters. That's part of why Harden is nowhere to be seen. Its not who you'd rather have on your team going forward, its who had the best seasons. In that case, Durant and Harden don't deserve recognition on these teams.

Totally agree, just saying. Some players made the list who wouldn't have if other stars weren't hobbled.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things the Bucks are blowing an opportunity right now. Second to beat the Bucks all you have to do is make Giannis shoot from the outside. He is horrible unless driving. Sure easier said than done but they could let him shoot outside all night long.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two things the Bucks are blowing an opportunity right now. Second to beat the Bucks all you have to do is make Giannis shoot from the outside. He is horrible unless driving.

absolutely. Coach should be fired for letting him continue to shoot 3’s.

also Lopez should be used on the post, and everyone should be driving on harden.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Durant’s attitude but his game is DISGUSTINGLY good.

this game is over even though the Nets are only up 1 with six minutes left.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
absolutely. Coach should be fired for letting him continue to shoot 3’s.

also Lopez should be used on the post, and everyone should be driving on harden.

also, maybe you start doubling KD since he’s literally ALL they have.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison