2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Well it’s tough to do so when he missed 39% of the season.

Kawai played in 52 games in the regular season, so he missed 27%. Basically he's was out 1 of every 4 games. The guy who's been out way too much for the Clips is Ibaka, who's now out for the season. They could really use him to stretch Gobert away from the basket, instead they've resorted to a lot of small ball in this series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker gets no love again for All NBA teams. Paul George gets in above him even though he scored less, played only 54 of 72 games and team wasnt as good.

that’s fine... let everyone keep sleeping on all the Suns save CP3. He’s got enough extra motivation. This just adds fuel to the fire for Book.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets need Harden. I just heard a report Irving might be out for the entire rest of the series. If Harden isn't 100% they might be done. If he re-injures the hamstring they might be done.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler does not deserve third team. Mitchell and Booker both deserve it over him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nets need Harden. I just heard a report Irving might be out for the entire rest of the series. If Harden isn't 100% they might be done. If he re-injures the hamstring they might be done.

Irving is out for the rest of the series. That was a serious ankle injury.

My bet is Harden reinjures it tonight.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Booker gets no love again for All NBA teams. Paul George gets in above him even though he scored less, played only 54 of 72 games and team wasnt as good.

If the voters were constrained by position designations, Booker lost out to Bradley Beal, not George. That also seems questionable to me, given that Booker's team was much more successful, but it does seem that Booker is having a hard time getting his reputation into the upper echelon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that’s fine... let everyone keep sleeping on all the Suns save CP3. He’s got enough extra motivation. This just adds fuel to the fire for Book.

I disgree on George. I don't like the guy but he is a forward, and actually he was more efficent than Booker. Don't have a problem with him being third team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler does not deserve third team. Mitchell and Booker both deserve it over him.

Butler was voted in as a forward. Booker and Mitchell are not forwards.

Curry, Luka, Lillard, Paul, Irving, and Beal were the 6 guards and Booker was more deserving than Beal and Irving, IMO. The media made a push for a Nets player though and Kyrie played the most of their big 3.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1st team

G - Curry
G - Luka
F - Giannis
F - Kawhi
C - Jokic

2nd Team

G - Lillard
G - Paul
F - Randle
F - LeBron
C - Embiid

3rd Team -

G - Beal
G - Irving
F - Butler
F - George
C - Robert

Sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/all-nba-teams-2021-list-players-first-second-third/1onet92gl9o9419wlkjif3ot7i

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Butler was voted in as a forward. Booker and Mitchell are not forwards.

Curry, Luka, Lillard, Paul, Irving, and Beal were the 6 guards and Booker was more deserving than Beal and Irving, IMO. The media made a push for a Nets player though and Kyrie played the most of their big 3.

Beal is deserving. I'd probably take Booker over Irving but it's a tough call. Honestly, if I had to pick just one Sun, I think Booker is probably more important to the team than Paul who is on the 2nd team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal is deserving. I'd probably take Booker over Irving but it's a tough call. Honestly, if I had to pick just one Sun, I think Booker is probably more important to the team than Paul who is on the 2nd team.

no way. Paul controls the entire game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Wizards struggled to make the postseason, relying on the play-in and only got that far because Westbrook went off at the end the of the season. Beal was what Booker had been called for the last 5 seasons, an empty scorer. Booker turned it up this year on defense to be at least average on a regular basis and good when called upon.

Team success is always what was brought up in years past to keep Booker off these lists and now that the Suns finished with the 2nd best record in the league, a bunch of guys get in whose teams struggled.

Like Steph had an amazing year but his team failed to the make the postseason and lost twice in play-in games. That should keep him from 1st team, at least.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The Wizards struggled to make the postseason, relying on the play-in and only got that far because Westbrook went off at the end the of the season. Beal was what Booker had been called for the last 5 seasons, an empty scorer. Booker turned it up this year on defense to be at least average on a regular basis and good when called upon.

Team success is always what was brought up in years past to keep Booker off these lists and now that the Suns finished with the 2nd best record in the league, a bunch of guys get in whose teams struggled.

Like Steph had an amazing year but his team failed to the make the postseason and lost twice in play-in games. That should keep him from 1st team, at least.

It's the All NBA team, not the All NBA team from the best teams only.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the All NBA team, not the All NBA team from the best teams only.

Sure, but how good were you if you couldn't produce wins? Look at the history of players who are awarded, its rare for a player to make it when their team doesn't make the playoffs.

Like I said, being on a bad team is the excuse used against naming Booker to those teams in the past. The Suns are good now and what happens? He's leapfrogged by players from bad teams.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
1st team

G - Curry
G - Luka
F - Giannis
F - Kawhi
C - Jokic

2nd Team

G - Lillard
G - Paul
F - Randle
F - LeBron
C - Embiid

3rd Team -

G - Beal
G - Irving
F - Butler
F - George
C - Robert

Sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/all-nba-teams-2021-list-players-first-second-third/1onet92gl9o9419wlkjif3ot7i

I didn't watch much Nets basketball this year, but if I'm choosing who's on my team I'd take Durant over Randle, LeBron, Butler and George. And I'd take Harden over Lillard, Paul, Beal and Irving. I assume they didn't make the cut due to missing too much time this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't watch much Nets basketball this year, but if I'm choosing who's on my team I'd take Durant over Randle, LeBron, Butler and George. And I'd take Harden over Lillard, Paul, Beal and Irving. I assume they didn't make the cut due to missing too much time this year.

Durant didn't even play in half the games this season. Meanwhile Randle had an amazing season.

Randle averaged 24.1 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 6 apg.

Durant averaged 26.9 ppg, 7.1 rpg, and 5.6 apg.

Both played PF for their teams but Durant only played in 35 of 72 games. Reliability matters. That's part of why Harden is nowhere to be seen. Its not who you'd rather have on your team going forward, its who had the best seasons. In that case, Durant and Harden don't deserve recognition on these teams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden is playing at about 30 percent. Clearly trying not to run if it can be avoided.

he is basically a decoy.

bucks need to win this game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irving is out for the rest of the series. That was a serious ankle injury.

My bet is Harden reinjures it tonight.

Yep. My guess is Harden would have never played if not for Irving getting hurt. Maybe it forced him back in the rotation early. I never wish for someone to get hurt but all the Nets injuries might be the best chance all the other teams in the playoffs have at getting a title. With that team 100% it's almost unfair.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday is a playoff pretender.

The entire Bucks squad are pretenders, coach included.

That's another reason the Jrue trade was odd, he didn't have much playoff experience. He's only been 4 times in 11 years and has only been out of the 1st round twice. He made it in 2014-15 and 2017-18 in New Orleans.

I thought his time in New Orleans showed he was best off the ball as a 2 guard but the Bucks brought him in and paid him to be their PG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson