2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it ok to start this? Seems like time. We are still posting on the page from last year.

Just some random thoughts. Atlanta got much better this off-season. Milwaukee might have too. Philly seems like a more balanced team now and Miami will still be good. Toronto had a lot of turnover, but might be good. And then the Nets might be really good.

Meanwhile the Rockets and Warriors fell some. Not sure about the Clippers.

I think its a good thing for the conferences to even out a bit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The preseason schedule has been released for the 2020-21 season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half of the 2020-21 NBA 72 game will schedule will be released "in the coming days."

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

As part of Friday's announcement, the NBA said it plans to release the first half of the league's 72-game regular-season schedule "in the coming days." The league had previously announced plans to present its schedule in blocks, with the first half coming out before the season and the second half being released at a later date.

The NBA came up with that plan to account for the possibility that games will inevitably need to be rescheduled due to complications from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and to allow for more flexibility in doing so.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30402512/nba-releases-preseason-schedule-dec-11-19

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope KD is close to healthy. It would be good for parity to have another beast in the East to balance out the conferences.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm repeating this tweet as it applies to more than the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
December 4th is the earliest date for full team practices.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Boogie signed with the Rockets. Harden, Westbrook, and Cousins. Interesting Big 3. Volatile bunch.

Good on the Rockets for not trading Harden. I remember the Lakers saying no to Kobe’s trade demand once upon a time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the health and safety protocol if someone tests positive for COVID-19.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In real life, for the average person, you start showing symptoms and it takes 2 days to get in to get a test, then it takes three days to get results. So you stay home from work for five days after the test result. Of course no one is going to quarantine if exposed to you unless they KNOW you have covid, so the delay in testing results in continued spread of the disease. Seems almost pointless to fight it. If you get sick, stay home 10 days. Wash your hands, wear a mask and keep your distance. I just don’t see how quarantining people with no symptoms is feasible. I am fine with it if there was a reasonable way to make it happen.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So Boogie signed with the Rockets. Harden, Westbrook, and Cousins. Interesting Big 3. Volatile bunch.

Good on the Rockets for not trading Harden. I remember the Lakers saying no to Kobe’s trade demand once upon a time.

The only big 3 Cousins will be a part of is with the other two human victory cigars on Hou.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

·
12m

Celtics guard Kemba Walker’s game availability will be updated in first week of January. He is expected to resume on-court activities early this month, after receiving a stem cell injection in his left knee and a strengthening program to prepare for the upcoming season.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Training camps open around the league Tuesday, though on-court sessions will be limited to individual workouts and only for those players who have gotten three negative coronavirus test results back in the last few days. Mandatory “group training activities,” another way to describe what would otherwise be called practice, will begin in some cities Friday and for most clubs Sunday, the league said.
The NBA is back: Training camps open today, season starts in three weeks (yahoo.com)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Doesn’t sound like he’s signing an extension anytime soon. :(

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

On the plus side, if he goes to the Lakers, hopefully that means they can't afford Booker...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? Taking anything said publicly by athletes at face value is always risky but it seemed to me that he was making it clear that he'd have no problem playing alongside someone that was even better than him but it would have to happen in Milwaukee. What'd I miss, what took you in your direction?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that guy ain't staying in Milwaukee.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Really? Taking anything said publicly by athletes at face value is always risky but it seemed to me that he was making it clear that he'd have no problem playing alongside someone that was even better than him but it would have to happen in Milwaukee. What'd I miss, what took you in your direction?

Last week Windhorst reported Anthony Davis is going to sign a 1+1 in order to sign Giannis next summer. Now he’s publicly talking about playing with both guys and being willing to sacrifice? Of course he mentions it being in Milwaukee where there’s literally a 0% chance of that actually happening.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Suns on Christmas Day.