The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A "leg up" is one thing, but to crown them the gods of all basketball is quite another. This board has followed the national narrative that even with our record, the Warriors are the "favorites" to win the title. Sorry, but I don't agree. If you want to make me out to be a homer, that's fine, but I'm not handing them the title just because some schmo at ESPN says we should.

NOTE: I'm using "you" in the general sense, not you personally.
Who is crowning them? I don't see anybody doing that. Not wanting to be in that situation down the stretch and crowing them are two different things. They have experience bringing it home. We don't. So, naturally I would simply just not want to be in that situation. I would much rather see the Suns build the lead and hang on for dear life.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Especially if multiple members repeat the same thing over and over but someone still doesn't get it
Get what that you don't like the Warriors, don't like Draymond and so if anybody does like the Warriors or defends Draymond it bothers you? I've already conceded with the explanation given by another poster direct from the ref that I'm fine with the ejection. I wanted a better explanation he gave it, 2 flagrant 1's together equalled a 2.

Just spent about 2 minutes looking through your posts on the Suns game threads, which I rarely look into and you're complaining about refs basically every third post. CP3 got levelled, yes the Pels had more fouls but they were mostly makeups for the bad calls against us.

Pot kettle you're black

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Flagrant Foul 2 on Draymond Green will not be reduced.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Increase it i say! Only joking @Russ Smith.

Given the explanation from the ref that makes perfect sense.

I'm actually expecting a fine given how he left after it happened

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Not rescinding or downgrading could have impact: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba...yer-suspension-rules/dxf5nn1gestscs2tj64ccpbg

For each Flagrant foul they receive, a player will rack up points. If a player has more than three Flagrant foul points, they will earn an automatic one-game suspension.

After they serve their suspension, a player's point total doesn't go to zero. So if they pick up another flagrant foul, they will earn more points and will have to then serve an automatic two-game suspension.

Here's how Flagrant foul points breakdown:
  • Flagrant 1 = 1 point
  • Flagrant 2 = 2 points

I haven't been keeping track with Draymond, but CP3 has two flagrant 1's already this playoff run after that second one was added on the kick to Alvarado in game 5. Could have been 3 if the one at the end of game 6 was called.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup - another T

i don't think they have to I think they can just fine him for it.

as he was doing that the first thing popped into my head is and now he's going to get fined too.

Another T would be worse increasing the odds he winds up suspended a game at some point

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That video blows up WarriorFan's lame "he grabbed the jersey to keep him from falling" BS. He did grab up, but only after hitting him in the face and then PULLING HIM DOWN.

Green is no different than PatBev, and neither should be in the NBA.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That video blows up WarriorFan's lame "he grabbed the jersey to keep him from falling" BS. He did grab up, but only after hitting him in the face and then PULLING HIM DOWN.

How are people even debating this

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Seriously that's what you see?

I see a guy that tried to block a shot but instead accidentaly hit the guy in his face, than tried to catch him before he hit hard on the ground.

Maybe you can call that a flagrant 1 - personally I don't even think it should be that, but that is consistent with the way they make calls nowadays.

No way in hell will anyone ever convince me that should be a flagrant 2 though. And I don't like Dramond, but fair is fair.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see a guy that tried to block a shot but instead accidentaly hit the guy in his face, than tried to catch him before he hit hard on the ground.

Maybe you can call that a flagrant 1 - personally I don't even think it should be that, but that is consistent with the way they make calls nowadays.

No way in hell will anyone ever convince me that should be a flagrant 2 though. And I don't like Dramond, but fair is fair.
He was nowhere close to the ball, wound up, and hit the face. He clearly pulled the jersey down. No other way to honestly view it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's the same thing I saw but I was watching it on my shoe phone, what's your excuse?

Seriously, each act was clearly worthy of a flagrant 1. I don't know if that really adds up to a flagrant 2 but it's an ejection anyway.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow. I don't really care one way or the other, but that looked like a flagrant to me. He did not try for the ball, and he clearly pulled him down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson