The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thought watching the GS game is that game threads are going to be unreadable between all the complaining about the refs both teams’ fans are going to do.

Second thought… the Warriors ALWAYS get a great shot. Their offense is pretty in motion and we’re gonna have to play our A game on D to beat them.
Games can't come down to a final shot. If it does? GS is the one team that can match us at the end of a close game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Games can't come down to a final shot. If it does? GS is the one team that can match us at the end of a close game.
If it comes down to the final 5 minutes, because of CP I'd give us the edge. If it comes down to the final play, I'd say advantage Warriors. They just have too many weapons.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If it comes down to the final 5 minutes, because of CP I'd give us the edge. If it comes down to the final play, I'd say advantage Warriors. They just have too many weapons.
The Warriors are battle tested, but I'm curious how many more weapons you think the Warriors have than us. They are a good team but we are the deepest team in the league and have some interesting players that could outmatch them -- ahem -- DA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread got like that during the Grizz/Warriors game, and this is a suns board. Yeah i'm not looking forward to the non-suns fans posting in the suns/warriors if it comes to that.

Especially if literally tying your shoe gets blasted

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me it's not necessarily who has the more weapons but for me they are just as capable as us. If it comes down to a final play? It's coin toss IMO. I DO NOT want any close game with the Warriors where it comes down to a final play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? Sorry, I wasn't here and didn't see what it looked like.

the same guy complaining about Warriors fans on this thread complained in the game thread that Klay Thompson delayed the game by tying his shoes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To me it's not necessarily who has the more weapons but for me they are just as capable as us. If it comes down to a final play? It's coin toss IMO. I DO NOT want any close game with the Warriors where it comes down to a final play.
100% sure they don't either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s funny everyone talking about Bucks or Celtics totally disregarding Miami Heat as though they have no chance….being the 1 seed in the east must not mean anything. The Heat will be a tough out imo for anyone…
I think it’s more because the bucks and Celtics are playing each other, so only one can advance whereas the heat have no challenge with the sixers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Accepted, but everyone else probably--like me--briefly thought of the Miami Cold in the conference finals, and accepted that either the Celtics or Bucks would beat them. If the Cold prove me wrong, good, because that would mean the Bucks are eliminated.
Not me. I think the heat could take out either one. The operative word being “could.”

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So apparently Rudy has had enough of the Mitchell BS

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh...I don't deny that. However, that still doesn't mean I want to end the game on a coin flip.
Why would it mean that? I don't think either team wants it to be a close game at the end.

I also don't want the Warriors to be on this board with some otherworldly greatness thrust upon them. This board tends to overrate the Warriors and treat them like they are some kind of unstoppable force. And they simply are not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why would it mean that? I don't think either team wants it to be a close game at the end.

I also don't want the Warriors to be on this board with some otherworldly greatness thrust upon them. This board tends to overrate the Warriors and treat them like they are some kind of unstoppable force. And they simply are not.
significant players from multiple championships. It’s reasonable to give them a leg up.

Reaction score
100% sure they don't either.
Must disagree. As the team that once broke the Bulls' win record, I believe the Warriors are probably arrogant enough to believe they would win any final play in a close game. They're probably like Michael Jordan that way. Note that that doesn't mean they would win, only that they think so.

If I prove clearly wrong (e.g., if the Suns were to beat them in only six games), I'll be happy to acknowledge it. No Warriors fan am I.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So apparently Rudy has had enough of the Mitchell BS

He's only jumping out ahead of it. It was a matter of time before ownership visited Mitchell again this off-season and asked for his input. They did the last 2 off-seasons and I imagine there were plans to do that again.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Utah should shop both. Whichever gives them a better haul for a faster rebuild is the route they should take. Utah has never really torn it all down for assets in a rebuild so I expect them to retool instead.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
significant players from multiple championships. It’s reasonable to give them a leg up.
A "leg up" is one thing, but to crown them the gods of all basketball is quite another. This board has followed the national narrative that even with our record, the Warriors are the "favorites" to win the title. Sorry, but I don't agree. If you want to make me out to be a homer, that's fine, but I'm not handing them the title just because some schmo at ESPN says we should.

NOTE: I'm using "you" in the general sense, not you personally.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are battle tested, but I'm curious how many more weapons you think the Warriors have than us. They are a good team but we are the deepest team in the league and have some interesting players that could outmatch them -- ahem -- DA.
Speaking only about end of game situations, Between Steph, Klay, Poole and Green, I think they have a slight edge with more crunch time shot creators/makers than we do (Green obviously being the creator more than maker).

I think it’ll be a 7 game war.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Speaking only about end of game situations, Between Steph, Klay, Poole and Green, I think they have a slight edge with more crunch time shot creators/makers than we do (Green obviously being the creator more than maker).

I think it’ll be a 7 game war.
We also have a defense unlike anything they've seen. I also think it will be a long series and a good test.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the same guy complaining about Warriors fans on this thread complained in the game thread that Klay Thompson delayed the game by tying his shoes.
If you’re referring to me, I didn’t say Jack squat about Klay delaying the game. Was a vet move.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A "leg up" is one thing, but to crown them the gods of all basketball is quite another. This board has followed the national narrative that even with our record, the Warriors are the "favorites" to win the title. Sorry, but I don't agree. If you want to make me out to be a homer, that's fine, but I'm not handing them the title just because some schmo at ESPN says we should.

Yes. Understood.

I don’t think it’s theirs for the taking. This suns team is hungry and talented. They didn’t bide their time and wait for the playoffs, they played hungry all year until monty kinda shut them down. Getting the Pels under their belt has likely reignited their drive, we just need the performance to catch up to where it was mid season with everyone. If we have everyone hitting on all cylinders again the drive, the thirst, the need to exorcise last years demons and finally grab a ‘ship for Paul and ultimate redemption for book for all those years of haters likely equals, or exceeds, the championship experience of the warriors, imo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No one here is crowning them anything. No one here is handing them a title because some ESPN schmo says they will. blowing other’s opinions out of proportion will only lead to flame wars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn