NBA All Star Events (2024)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just starting a thread for the All-Star events.

Highlight Events:

Friday, Feb. 16
Saturday, Feb. 17
Sunday, Feb. 18

Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
One of two players – Luka Doncic is the other – averaging at least 27 points and seven assists per game.
2. His 7.0 assists per game (up from 5.5 last season) and assist/turnover ratio of 2.74 are both the highest marks of his career. Has seven games of at least 20 points and 10 assists, as many as he had in the last two seasons combined.
3. Has an effective field goal percentage of 55.7%, the highest mark of his career. He’s shot 62.0% in the paint, the best mark of his career by a healthy margin.

Kevin Durant, Phoenix Suns
Averaging at least 28 points, five rebounds, five assists and one block for the third season. Antetokounmpo (four times including this season), LeBron James (four times) and Michael Jordan (twice) are the only other players to have done it multiple times.
2. Only player who’s averaged at least six points per game on drives, six points per game on catch-and-shoot jumpers and six points per game on pull-up jumpers.
3. Has taken 15% of his 3-point attempts from the corners, the highest rate of his career. And he’s now shot 52-for-93 (55.9%) on corner 3s over the last four seasons (since returning from his Achilles injury).

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've read the entire court is going to be an LED screen.

Seems like an awful and seizure inducing idea that comes with the added bonus of probably not feeling like or having the traction of an NBA court.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seems like an awful and seizure inducing idea that comes with the added bonus of probably not feeling like or having the traction of an NBA court.
Depends on what is over the LED screen. It can't be flexible because you would crush the LEDs. It's going to look like a video game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m glad I canceled Sling. Now I don’t have to watch this.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what Grayson said to the media it sure sounded to me like they offered him a spot and he declined.
On the radio he said he was really looking forward to spending time with his family and he already had plans. That was BEFORE they announced all the participants. So, you may be right.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many years I read into the futures roster. Just pissed if another Suns lottery was left out.

I watched that game praying for any hope of the future.

Enjoy the futures game for those involved

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many years I read into the futures roster. Just pissed if another Suns lottery was left out.

I watched that game praying for any hope of the future.

Enjoy the futures game for those involved

I've really enjoyed that game ever since they changed it from Rookies vs Sophomores to USA vs World. Previously I didn't care unless a Sun was involved but since the switch it's actually semi-competitve and you get to see stars in the making. This year seems a little odd with a mini tournament but it could be fun. The inclusion of G-League guys is interesting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The All-Star game won't be on that court. The skills, dunk, and 3 point contests will be. Found info on ESPN about it.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I heard him say he wasn't invited. There was an interview after one of the games recently where he said this.
In interviews he made it sound like he didn't want to be there leading up to the All-Star selection. Maybe that is why? The selection process is completely hosed if they were not planning to invite him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skills challenge has team 1st picks with Antman, Wemby, and Banchero. Ayton would be so out place in that group. What a whiff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damian Lillard wins the three point contest.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown should not be in the finals. His dunks were average and basic.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown does a shittier version of the McLung dunk for his finals. If this somehow wins...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't mind the Suns giving Mac MacLung a look. I don't think anyone owns his rights. Of course not having a G-League team hurts since he still needs those reps. He's got hops buts he raw.