Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns benefitted from some uneven officiating in Game 1. There will be at least one Bucks victory to even that out. I fear it's tonight.
26 FTs isn’t an incredible amount even if it’s at the high end for a bucks opponent. It’s not like we got 35+ FTs. And the bucks weren’t that aggressive offensively. I think we will see more aggression by the bucks and they’ll get more FTs.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If Booker averages 21 ppg over the next 3 games he will own the record for the most points in first postseason.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First game I was completely jacked and now gone into NERVE mode. We need Game 2 to hold court. Then the best road team in the NBA can do on the road and take complete control of the series. WOOT!

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
26 FTs isn’t an incredible amount even if it’s at the high end for a bucks opponent. It’s not like we got 35+ FTs. And the bucks weren’t that aggressive offensively. I think we will see more aggression by the bucks and they’ll get more FTs.
26 isn't an incredible amount. But Milwaukee only shot 16. That's a big difference.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Booker averages 21 ppg over the next 3 games he will own the record for the most points in first postseason.
Looks like I wouldn't want that record if we're going off results of how the team finished up. Lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Free Throws by series
Suns 124 to Lakers 147
Suns 88 to Denver 63
Suns 92 to Clippers 144

Suns 26 to Bucks 16 (So far)

Just for reference.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crazy how fast Trae Young got to third

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the refs let them play again tonight or start calling fouls?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
26 isn't an incredible amount. But Milwaukee only shot 16. That's a big difference.
10 is not a big difference. That isn't out of whack at all. I have seen games where the difference is 20. During the Lakers series the difference was 17 to ZERO at half during one game in favor of the Lakers. THAT is a big difference. Ten? I call bull.

The only reason it felt bigger is because the Suns are a very good free throw shooting team while if Giannis is shooting them you can depend on him missing several.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Free Throws by series
Suns 124 to Lakers 147
Suns 88 to Denver 63
Suns 92 to Clippers 144

Suns 26 to Bucks 16 (So far)

Just for reference.
So in the previous rounds, Suns opponents shot an average of 22 per game. Bucks shot 16. Suns averaged 19 per game and shot 26 in game 1.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in the previous rounds, Suns opponents shot an average of 22 per game. Bucks shot 16. Suns averaged 19 per game and shot 26 in game 1.
You need to look at the disparity per game not the raw numbers. The raw numbers can heavily fluctuate based on how the game is being called. Every game is called different.

Bottom line is the Suns have faced much larger gaps than the ten the Bucks are complaining about.

Suns/Lakers -20 (adv Lakers)
Suns/Denver +25 (adv Suns)
Suns/Clippers -52 (adv Clippers)
Suns/Bucks +10 (adv Suns)

If anybody should be complaining about disparity it should be the Suns. Ten?!?! Please.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You need to look at the disparity per game not the raw numbers. The raw numbers can heavily fluctuate based on how the game is being called. Every game is called different.

Bottom line is the Suns have faced much larger gaps than the ten the Bucks are complaining about.

Lakers -20 (adv Lakers)
Denver +25 (adv Suns)
Clippers -52 (adv Clippers)
Bucks +10 (adv Suns)

If anybody should be complaining about disparity it should be the Suns. Ten?!?! Please.
Pfft how many more FTs do they want poor Giannis to miss.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
First game I was completely jacked and now gone into NERVE mode. We need Game 2 to hold court. Then the best road team in the NBA can do on the road and take complete control of the series. WOOT!
Me too. Pessimist Jones is out in full effect today! Hoping for the best but fully expecting to lay an egg tonight.
I’m pretty relaxed going into tonight. It’s my birthday and the Suns are going to grab a death hold of the series. Cant wait!
:mad:

:stick::stick::stick::stick::stick:

Happy Birthday @cheesebeef
This is it!
The biggest game of the year.
OF THIS CENTURY!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 is not a big difference. That isn't out of whack at all. I have seen games where the difference is 20. During the Lakers series the difference was 17 to ZERO at half during one game in favor of the Lakers. THAT is a big difference. Ten? I call bull.

The only reason it felt bigger is because the Suns are a very good free throw shooting team while if Giannis is shooting them you can depend on him missing several.

I sincerely hope that if the game is close we give Giannis the Simmons / Shaq treatment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson