Jazz @ Suns Thursday game thread 2-8-2024

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Was at the game last night...the vibes are so much better than a month ago. Winning 17 out of 23 will do it, but you can see things starting to come together even when they still have their moments of confusion.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All Bolshit aside - Bol Bol is truly hitting his very very long stride - the defense alone - allowing Nurk and Eubanks to stay committed - and there's some offensive production there too - said it before and I'll say it again I am a Boliever - if he stays focused like this he'll get playoff minutes 100 %
Bol said he is here because of KD. He wants to learn from him. I like that. There is hope for that kid.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely phenomenal. Ended up going after the game, so I was pretty hungry, but that burger was amazing. The hype around that place is legit, one of the best burgers I've ever had.
I will be down there next week. Going to have to try it now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And I like Eubanks A LOT more with Bol Bol on the floor
Ann Meyers Drysdale hit the problem on the head, when guys drive on him, he gets his legs crossed and can't move into position, or out of the way well. He's good at keeping guys in front of him most of the time, and excels on wet side blocks. As Ann said, he just needs to learn to slide those feet on defense, and not cross them over each other.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns did play relaxed last night. Whethesecond team.r that had to do with the trade deadline passing, who knows, but I thought it might.

Another thing, the Suns seemed comfortable playing at a higher tempo against the Jazz.

Obviously, the Suns are a better team with Devin Booker, but the faster pace suited the team.

Usually when the Suns run with another team, I feel like the wheels are going to come off in the 4th quarter. I'd like to lighten the load for Devin Booker at point guard so he can devote more time to offense. Bradley Beal and Grayson Allen greatly helped in this area. A backup point guard might help when Vogel rests Booker.
The plus/minus is a big difference with Book on the floor versus off. It is partially him running the offense, but one of the things no one mentions on the sports shows, is when he's on the bench, your best scorer is not on the floor. I think you are right, we need a guy to run the team when Book sits. That was supposed to be Jordan Goodwin when the Beal trade was made. Local sports radio guys where told that is why JJ wanted him included. Then we found out, he's not good at that. LOL! It was supposed to be Beal as the ball handler on the first team, and Goodwin on the team. Beal was hurt for so long, that blue print went away for him. And Goodwin was given the chance to do it, but wasn't as good as Allen and Gordon. Goodwin was bringing the same thing as Okogie. SO that's why Goodwin was part of the trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson