Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The smart thing for them to do would be to play Giannis at the 5. Coach Bud stubbornly refuses to do that though, to his own peril.

Let him play the 5...Ayton is an athletic big...If Giannis sits outside the key and/or 3pt line, give him that shot all day long, with Ayton down low clogging the middle. Ayton is good enough, too, to come out 12-15 ft, to defend him and still get back down low to cover.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let him play the 5...Ayton is an athletic big...If Giannis sits outside the key and/or 3pt line, give him that shot all day long, with Ayton down low clogging the middle. Ayton is good enough, too, to come out 12-15 ft, to defend him and still get back down low to cover.
Yup. Them playing small ball is a huge mistake for them unless Giannis starts raining 3s succe . . . I couldn’t keep typing that seriously.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... it would be really nice to see Booker really start shooting the rock well again. Since that 40/11/13 game, he’s shooting 35% overall from the field and 22% from 3 in the last six games. That’s an ugly streak shooting the rock.

He’s done a good job getting to the Line during that stretch, but he gets back to even a little closer to his average, we will roll this team in 4.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Man... it would be really nice to see Booker really start shooting the rock well again. Since that 40/11/13 game, he’s shooting 35% overall from the field and 22% from 3 in the last six games. That’s an ugly streak shooting the rock.

He’s done a good job getting to the Line during that stretch, but he gets back to even a little closer to his average, we will roll this team in 4.
I think that happens starting tomorrow. He seemed like he was trying a bit too hard last game. No one is playing hard D on him like the two LA teams did. I bet he relaxes and the ball will start dropping. He also has been logging some huge minutes during that time. He may he a little fatigued.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last six games, 5 were with the busted nose and mask as well

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks are too good of a team and too much of a match-up problem for us for that to be a realistic expectation. I actually expect last night's game to be the largest margin of victory for either team in this series.
Negative as always.

the bucks aren’t that good. They are coached by a *****, and that is the biggest reason why.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

i still can’t get over how bad of an in game 3 point shooter he is.

it’s depressing to say the least and is ruining his reputation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker can be a good 3-point shooter (.352 career) but it's usually based upon him being in rhythm and the broken nose has hurt his shooting.

His 3-point shooting usually feeds off him hitting the mid-range shot and getting to the basket. He is not a pure 3-point shooter though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker can be a good 3-point shooter (.352 career) but it's usually based upon him being in rhythm and the broken nose has hurt his shooting.

His 3-point shooting usually feeds off him hitting the mid-range shot and getting to the basket. He is not a pure 3-point shooter though.

.352 isn’t good. That’s actually below average for the league. He needs to work on that in the off-season to keep ascending as a player.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m watched some old footage of Booker last night. In his rookie and sophomore years his shot started either center or slightly off to the left. Now it’s center or slightly to the right. His muscle memory must be effected by the midrange game, because he has to release the ball a lot higher. He does expend a lot of energy on both ends of the court now too.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bucks' Mike Budenholzer Calls Free-Throw Disparity in Game 1 vs. Suns 'Frustrating'

"No, I mean, it's a huge part of the game. They had 25 points from the free throw line. We're a team that prides ourselves in defending and being able to be good defensively without fouling.
"I can't remember the last time a team got 25 free throws in a game against the Bucks. And then conversely, the way Giannis [Antetokounmpo] attacks, the way Khris [Middleton] attacks, as many opportunities as Khris has with the ball...it's frustrating, but it's part of the sport. It's part of the game.
"We've got to be better defensively. We've got to keep them off the free throw line and we got to be more aggressive attacking and getting to the free throw line and getting to good offense."
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am concerned about this game. Giannis will be better tonight. This is a game where the Suns could come out flat if not careful. However Book is due for a good game. That kid is fearless. He is driving the lane with a broken nose.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welppp here we go gm day hugeeee gm 2!!

Hope suns have energy left after last gm mainly ayton paul

Wishing for a fun gm no injuries!

We are the valley go suns!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get pumped up for the game. Admittedly losing Saric was a downer for me.

If there is any upside, playing forwards at center should make the Suns quicker.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm trying to get pumped up for the game. Admittedly losing Saric was a downer for me.

If there is any upside, playing another forward should make the Suns quicker.
Lets hope stix or someone else can surprise off the bench!! Is what his name nadar? Healthy

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets hope stix or someone else can surprise off the bench!! Is what his name nadar? Healthy

Monty was talking about playing Torrey Craig and Abdel Nader at center off the bench. Nader is healthy according to injury reports.

I'm not counting on Stix but he might get some situational minutes.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

If there is any upside, playing forwards at center should make the Suns quicker.

Run Giannis out of the gym. His knee may feel good going into the game, but can it withstand running up and down the court for 35+ minutes? Suns need to set the pace early and let it fly.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They should sweep this team but I'm betting they will win in 5. I hope they don't have a "crap the bed" game tonight.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Suns benefitted from some uneven officiating in Game 1. There will be at least one Bucks victory to even that out. I fear it's tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Monty was talking about playing Torrey Craig and Abdel Nader at center off the bench. Nader is healthy according to injury reports.

I'm not counting on Stix but he might get some situational minutes.
Nader at center?!? Surely that’s just kidding. He’s 6’5

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Run Giannis out of the gym. His knee may feel good going into the game, but can it withstand running up and down the court for 35+ minutes? Suns need to set the pace early and let it fly.
I agree. Particularly after having played two days ago.