Cardinals at Panthers gameday thread 10-4-20

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you see where I repeatedly said Kyler’s PASSING is not up to par? Did you see where I have repeatedly said his running is special? My point is until Kyler improves as a PASSER he is never going to be a great QB.
Then why are you still trying to prove a point that needs no proving? His QBR is fine. Top 10 going into this week. You want your cake and eat it too? :). We all can't have patrick Mahomes every single week. Even though we probably could have if Keim nutted up on draft day.... Lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My huge problem with Kliff right now is why the hell has he stopped running pre-snap motion? I feel like we barely done that season. Just throw the defense a little bit, Jesus Christ son.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol Wrong on almost every level...
´were?
QB is in his 2nd season
HC is in his 2nd Season
Rams were 3rd last year we were 4th

The only one that is wrong on almost all and every level is you!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Then why are you still trying to prove a point that needs no proving? His QBR is fine. Top 10 going into this week. You want your cake and eat it too? :). We all can't have patrick Mahomes every single week. Even though we probably could have if Keim nutted up on draft day.... Lol

You are the one arguing that his passing was fine the first 2 weeks (it wasn’t) but whatever. I want Kyler to be the QB we were told he was going to be and I haven’t seen that. He is an average passer with special legs but when teams take away your best trait you better have the knack for beating them with your arm and I have seen him repeatedly miss open receivers or worse yet not see them at all.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's simple. Teams have figured out the limitations that Kyler has always had and know what Kliff is going to do.

Shade towards the hash marks and the underneath pass. Don't worry about the short or intermediate middle of the field. Because the linebackers don't have to worry much about the pass they can fill the rushing lanes.
Ironically this level of low passing happened against the Panthers last year.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the one arguing that his passing was fine the first 2 weeks (it wasn’t) but whatever. I want Kyler to be the QB we were told he was going to be and I haven’t seen that. He is an average passer with special legs but when teams take away your best trait you better have the knack for beating them with your arm and I have seen him repeatedly miss open receivers or worse yet not see them at all.
Almost 70 percent competition first two weeks seems fine to me.. like I said, anything outside a few elite qbs, errant throws will happen to every QB week in and out. Especially young ones.. but we can agree to disagree on this. No worries..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, I am not ignoring those first 2 games, just because we won those first 2 games does not mean he was throwing the ball well, he threw as many INTs and TDS those first 2 games, his QB rating never hit 90. He was 27th in QB rating going in to this weeks game 30 points behind Goff!
Let me help you out.

1st game an int was made on a great play by Greenlaw. The same 49ers defense that terrorized even Pat Mahomes.

2nd game int came on a play where Hopkins ran the wrong route allowing for the safety to track the ball.

STOP talking about those ints. He's missed passes since game 1, but the only really bad ints were in game 3.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should have just drafted Wirfs or Wills on Oline or even Lamb at WR.

Simmons was too much of a risk for a HC that knows nothing about defense and a bottom 3rd DC in Vance.
Lamb for sure.. I wanted Kyler as comfortable with his guys out there as possible. Of course this org does the opposite though. Can't listen to your number one pick who you went all in for or anything.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Let me help you out.

1st game an int was made on a great play by Greenlaw. The same 49ers defense that terrorized even Pat Mahomes.

2nd game int came on a play where Hopkins ran the wrong route allowing for the safety to track the ball.

STOP talking about those ints. He's missed passes since game 1, but the only really bad ints were in game 3.

So he isn’t consistently missing open receivers? Overthrowing or not even looking their way? He isn’t failing to throw WRs open or hit them in stride? You can excuse those 2 INTs if you want but he had 2 others that I can remember that the defense just simply dropped.

He is just simply not a very effective passer right now to argue otherwise is being disingenuous

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Almost 70 percent competition first two weeks seems fine to me.. like I said, anything outside a few elite qbs, errant throws will happen to every QB week in and out. Especially young ones.. but we can agree to disagree on this. No worries..

A high completion percentage is easy when you're only throwing the ball laterally or five yards down the field.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So he isn’t consistently missing open receivers? Overthrowing or not even looking their way? He isn’t failing to throw WRs open or hit them in stride? You can excuse those 2 INTs if you want but he had 2 others that I can remember that the defense just simply dropped.

He is just simply not a very effective passer right now to argue otherwise is being disingenuous
Uh no there werent any almost ints from that game. WFT game he luckily threw one out bounds or the db would have picked it off.

Dude I'm not dismissing his inconsistent play. You're just making the 1st games seem worse than what they were.

He had an 85 Total QBR (6th in the league) based on his overall play the first two weeks.

He's not there yet as a passer. So maybe they should have kept running him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Uh no there werent any almost ints from that game. WFT game he luckily threw one out bounds or the db would have picked it off.

Dude I'm not dismissing his inconsistent play. You're just making the 1st games seem worse than what they were.

He had an 85 Total QBR (6th in the league) based on his overall play the first two weeks.

He's not there yet as a passer. So maybe they should have kept running him.

his QBR is high because he is the #1 rated running QB in the NFL, he is 17th passing...that isn’t good enough

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his QBR is high because he is the #1 rated running QB in the NFL, he is 17th passing...that isn’t good enough

HE hasn't been good the last 2 weeks but honestly outside of Isabella we had no outside speed today. Given the amount of plays Hopkins was out there he was not 100% and either was Kirk.

With Simmons still not doing anything it does start to look to me like maybe we should have taken a WR, an OL or even a DB. Hopefully Simmons improves he's a great athlete but he's not doing anything so right now it's a wasted pick.

Very disappointing game today, nothing went well.

Even Kyler's best play of the game the long run I was wondering why he got caught, it was the first play of the drive so he wasn't tired. He slid because he knew he was caught, that surprised me with his speed

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Agreed. He's not doing anything, unless a ball falls into his hands.

um yeah, I’m going to give PP the same pass I’m giving the entire defense. Is he elite at 10 years in? No. Still one of the better corners in the league.

The forum is going to be littered with CJ hit a wall. KK isn't that good. IS was a wasted draft pick. KD got paid too much.

This is a failure of scheme and coaching.

IMHO this is the most talented roster we have had since the Warner era.

The Cardinals suck and it is not for lack of talent.

What defensive scheme has Cardinals DB's rubbing each other off out of a play?

Two years in and Kyler hasn't been coached out of unnecessarillyi throwing off his back foot.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Lamb for sure.. I wanted Kyler as comfortable with his guys out there as possible. Of course this org does the opposite though. Can't listen to your number one pick who you went all in for or anything.
You mean Hopkins wasn’t acquired for Kylers benefit?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
um yeah, I’m going to give PP the same pass I’m giving the entire defense. Is he elite at 10 years in? No. Still one of the better corners in the league.

The forum is going to be littered with CJ hit a wall. KK isn't that good. IS was a wasted draft pick. KD got paid too much.

This is a failure of scheme and coaching.

IMHO this is the most talented roster we have had since the Warner era.

The Cardinals suck and it is not for lack of talent.

What defensive scheme has Cardinals DB's rubbing each other off out of a play?

Two years in and Kyler hasn't been coached out of unnecessarilyi throwing off his back foot.
lmaooooo

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not as much as Chandler. He's been none existant.
Yeah Chandler’s play this season is concerning. When your best players are struggling it’s hard to win games.

I’m trying to find a silver lining here. What a difference 2 weeks make on expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
4m

Kingsbury on Isaiah Simmons playing sparingly despite the defensive injuries: “We’re still trying to work him in. We want to put him in positions to be successful, to understand our scheme. It’s a work in progress still."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson