Ideal draft scenario.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In my opinion this would be the ideal draft scenario for us.

I think our 3 major needs at this point are DL, OL, and WR.

Per Drafttek the number one pick has a value of 3000 ( https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp )

So I present the following trade:

We trade the NYG's the #1 pick for … #6, #17, and #37... that seems far fetched but the value of those picks adds up to 3080... which means they paid a small premium for the pick.

And now for the draft:

#6. Devin White, LB, LSU Some might not view this as an area of need... but adding a young playmaker to a position we have neglected for far too long can't be frowned upon. This kid will be an All-Pro one day in my opinion.

#17. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston - We've talked about this, seems really low for Oliver but several recent mocks have him in this range. If four QB's are taken in the top 15 (which wouldn't surprise me , then someone has to fall) Dudes a beast.

#33. Garrett Bradbury, G, N.C. State - A lot of question marks along our current OL due to injury need to add some fresh talent and I think Bradbury would make a solid addition next to Cole.

#37 . N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State - Many of us on the board would love to see Harry at #33, I'm a fan as well and think him and Kirk could be a nice combo for years to come.

Random thoughts:

1. trading Rosen for anything less then a mid first is a HUGE mistake. I hope we don't do it.

2. Personally I think RSJ will be a legit weapon in KK's offense and will lineup as a WR alot. He's a matchup nightmare and while his play has been inconsistent we have seen his talent and some of the big plays he is capable of.

3. All the chatter the last month about our pick has been kind of exhausting. With a month before the draft I'm optimistic that there's a plan, solid decisions will be made, and SK will learn from past mistakes in a make or break year for him.

Let's go Cards!:newcards:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at #6 -- I like the player. Oliver is probably more likely to go closer to this pick vs #17. Lets say Oliver, or, Brian Burns, OLB FSU to spell Suggs.

#17. This feels like the right place for one of the Iowa TEs, or, one of the top OLs

#33. Isnt Bradbury a center? Marquise Brown, WR OU here?

#37 If you go Burns at #6, then a DL if value matches up.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Run to the podium with those picks

Per Drafttek the number one pick has a value of 3000 ( https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp )

We trade the NYG's the #1 pick for … #6, #17, and #37... that seems far fetched but the value of those picks adds up to 3080... which means they paid a small premium for the pick.

And now for the draft:

#6. Devin White, LB, LSU Some might not view this as an area of need... but adding a young playmaker to a position we have neglected for far too long can't be frowned upon. This kid will be an All-Pro one day in my opinion.

#17. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston - We've talked about this, seems really low for Oliver but several recent mocks have him in this range. If four QB's are taken in the top 15 (which wouldn't surprise me , then someone has to fall) Dudes a beast.

#33. Garrett Bradbury, G, N.C. State - A lot of question marks along our current OL due to injury need to add some fresh talent and I think Bradbury would make a solid addition next to Cole.

#37 . N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State - Many of us on the board would love to see Harry at #33, I'm a fan as well and think him and Kirk could be a nice combo for years to come.

Random thoughts:

1. trading Rosen for anything less then a mid first is a HUGE mistake. I hope we don't do it.

2. Personally I think RSJ will be a legit weapon in KK's offense and will lineup as a WR alot. He's a matchup nightmare and while his play has been inconsistent we have seen his talent and some of the big plays he is capable of.

3. All the chatter the last month about our pick has been kind of exhausting. With a month before the draft I'm optimistic that there's a plan, solid decisions will be made, and SK will learn from past mistakes in a make or break year for him.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Run to the podium with those picks

And now for the draft:

Random thoughts:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
My more realistic dream scenario would be:

Trade #1 pick to the Raiders who want Bosa because edge rusher is their biggest weakness by far. 49er trust their QB enough to pick yet another interior DL in Quinnen Williams. Jets can't pass on Josh Allen who fits their scheme and need perfectly. Cardinals at #4 pick Kyler Murray. Now we trade Rosen to Miami or Washington for #13/15. Take advantage of the deep DL draft with the pick we get for Rosen. Ed Oliver would be amazing outside the top 10, and there are several other DL who would be top 10 easily in a weaker DL class. With the Raiders late 1st and our early 2nd we can address the big OL and WR needs we have.

Imagine this:

#4 Kyler Murray
#13/15 Ed Oliver
#24/27 Cody Ford/Chris Lindstrom
#33 N'Keal Harry

It's a dream scenario, but not even that unrealistic. Although I think either the 49ers or Jets would swap with a team in need for a QB. Or the 49ers take Murray after all - an option which hasn't been discussed much but makes lots of sense.

OP
OP
BleedRed

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Trade #1 pick to the Raiders who want Bosa because edge rusher is their biggest weakness by far. 49er trust their QB enough to pick yet another interior DL in Quinnen Williams. Jets can't pass on Josh Allen who fits their scheme and need perfectly. Cardinals at #4 pick Kyler Murray. Now we trade Rosen to Miami or Washington for #13/15. Take advantage of the deep DL draft with the pick we get for Rosen. Ed Oliver would be amazing outside the top 10, and there are several other DL who would be top 10 easily in a weaker DL class. With the Raiders late 1st and our early 2nd we can address the big OL and WR needs we have.

Imagine this:

#4 Kyler Murray
#13/15 Ed Oliver
#33 N'Keal Harry

It's a dream scenario, but not even that unrealistic. Although I think either the 49ers or Jets would swap with a team in need for a QB. Or the 49ers take Murray after all - an option which hasn't been discussed much but makes lots of sense.

"More" realistic because we're trading our franchise QB?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like it but don't believe the Giants or anyone else are going to pony up a bunch of picks to move to # 1 and draft Mighty Mouse.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t think this is feasible whatsoever, but I’d be over the moon if we walked away with these guys.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a scenario that I have played out many times on fanspeak. So many directions we could go to pick up 4 very good players. My ideal would be:

6. OT Ja'Waun Taylor Fla
17. DL Christian Wilkins
33. IOL Bradburry/Lindstrom
37. WR N Harry/H Butler

Stop the lip service on OL and add two premier players to anchor. I dont care who we just signed, this is logterm.

Wilkins is the leader and disruptive force on DL we wanted RN to be.

Big bodied WR that love to block, which is key with WR screens in this offense. They both are also great at YAC and contested catches.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Imagine this:

#4 Kyler Murray
#13/15 Ed Oliver
#33 N'Keal Harry

In what universe does the Niners grabbing Murray make sense?

Let me answer for you ... NONE

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
This is a scenario that I have played out many times on fanspeak. So many directions we could go to pick up 4 very good players. My ideal would be:

6. OT Ja'Waun Taylor Fla
17. DL Christian Wilkins
33. IOL Bradburry/Lindstrom
37. WR N Harry/H Butler

Stop the lip service on OL and add two premier players to anchor. I dont care who we just signed, this is logterm.

Wilkins is the leader and disruptive force on DL we wanted RN to be.

Big bodied WR that love to block, which is key with WR screens in this offense. They both are also great at YAC and contested catches.
But would that mean keeping Rosen from what I've read so far the only offer is like a 2nd round in 2020 which is plain dumb but its early in the smoke screen season

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oliver / Hockenkowski / Lawrence / Harry

But this is total dream work-shopping. No way it materializes.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What’s the report on N’Keal? I get he’s an Arizona kid but I heard that he can’t get separation, although I’ve not actually seen him play.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
In what universe does the Niners grabbing Murray make sense?

Let me answer for you ... NONE
Why? They have addressed all areas on defense in free agency. Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, Jason Verrett. They have many high 1st round picks already on their DL. Of course this shouldn't keep them from drafting Quinnen or Bosa if they believe in their talent. However, this would be another high 1st round pick invested in their DL.

Garopolo tore his ACL during last season, I think in week 4 or 5. Who knows when he will be ready. He isn't a prototype young franchise QB, but a 28 year old who tore his ACL and didn't look good at all in his first full season. Mullens and Beathard are just too limited, they are backup QBs at best. Shanahan loves his play action rollouts to the degree where they do it more than traditional dropback passes. Murray would kill it in that offense with their effective zone run game.

Look at how bad the 9ers were in recent years. They were a few inches from winning the Superbowl and then got a new stadium. Ever since then, they are in downward trajectory. Can't sell their seats, the atmosphere is toxic. Yet another high DL pick, regardless of how much sense it would make, isn't something that will turn them around anytime soon. At some point their GM and HC are also playing for their jobs, because you can't keep picking in the top 5 forever and not deliver.

In my book the 49ers are a dark horse to pick Kyler Murray. If so, they have to keep it very close to their vest and hope for the best. The Cards won't allow them to trade up and select Murray. So all they can do is hope the Cards, or whoever gets to pick 1st, don't select Murray.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
But would that mean keeping Rosen from what I've read so far the only offer is like a 2nd round in 2020 which is plain dumb but its early in the smoke screen season
If we already got offered a 2nd, I'm willing to bet that we could get a 1st for Rosen on draft day when the prices fly high.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score

Imagine this:

#4 Kyler Murray
#13/15 Ed Oliver
#33 N'Keal Harry

There's no way Rosen fetches a 1st round pick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are going to draft Murray #1

It's going to happen, you guys need to start preparing yourselves.

I am beginning to think we may have to settle for a late 1st for Rosen though - although the Redskins did call about him so maybe that is still a possibility.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming we trade Rosen for a 2nd:

1. - Kyler Murray

33. - Deebo Samuel

Mid 40s. - Charles Omenihu

65. - Jace Sternberger

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are going to draft Murray #1

It's going to happen, you guys need to start preparing yourselves.

I am beginning to think we may have to settle for a late 1st for Rosen though - although the Redskins did call about him so maybe that is still a possibility.

NADA....

and the mighty mite drops out of the top 10.

Start preparing yourself.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Assuming we trade Rosen for a 2nd:

1. - Kyler Murray

33. - Deebo Samuel

Mid 40s. - Charles Omenihu

65. - Jace Sternberger

QBOF. Outside receiver with lots of YAC potential. OLB to learn behind Suggs and take over when he leaves. A pass catching threat at TE.

Sign me up.

OP
OP
BleedRed

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There is no way we trade Rosen for a 2nd. If that was the case I would imagine at least half the teams in the league would be in line. Several of us seem to severely undervalue him, I doubt SK will make the same mistake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson