Draft Noise Going Around - QBs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CBus saying Keim always took the “assumed BPA” still funny as hell considering Keim did that ONCE lmaoo.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, I think that Keim went BPA, but his draft board was distorted by the fact that he was huffing ether with cheesebeef in the mornings and power-chugging Crown Royale with Arians after-hours.

BRUH. Nine of the eleven players drafted after Robert Nkemdiche are still playing in the NFL. Emmanuel Ogbah has 42.5 career sacks.

Stupid Keim.
New Podcast; Huffing with cheesebeef in the mornings.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
CBus saying Keim always took the “assumed BPA” still funny as hell considering Keim did that ONCE lmaoo.
I think it's funny as hell you think you know what their draft boards were. My point was Keim didn't trade much in round 1 and took their guy that they felt was best.

Keim had 10 first round picks,
Four of them were pick 24 or later. At that point, every player is hit or miss. He did get DJ at pick 24.
He had four top 10 picks. Cooper was the BPA in a very bad draft. I know for a fact Cooper was rated very highly because that's the only time I've gotten to see a team's draft board. Rosen was at 10 and 99% of this board was ecstatic with that pick. Murray was next but you say that was Kliff's pick only, lol. Then Simmons, who was projected top 5-10 and a vast majority were very happy with pick.

He had 2 picks in the teens. Reddick and Collins. Reddick has been a hit.
Alot of those picks didn't work out but they weren't considered bad picks at the time by most experts, other than you and you're 20/20 hindsight of course.

Keim had only 1 top 5 pick and hit. Monti has had back to back top 5 picks and already passed on the DROY in year 1 and will likely be passing on OROY in year 2 if he passes on Marvin. I wonder what top 5 talent he'll pass on in year 3?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My point was Keim didn't trade much in round 1 and took their guy that they felt was best.
We see what that got him & us as a franchise.
Cooper was the BPA in a very bad draft
Until it was obvious he wasn’t.
Rosen was at 10 and 99% of this board was ecstatic with that pick.
Until, again, it was obvious he wasn’t.
Murray was next but you say that was Kliff's pick only, lol.
It’s obvious that if Kliff was never hired, Kyler would have never been our QB.
Then Simmons, who was projected top 5-10 and a vast majority were very happy with pick.
And again, it wasn’t obvious until he wasn’t. I know plenty others on here that also weren’t happy with the pick at the time.
Reddick has been a hit.
Not for the team he was drafted by.
Alot of those picks didn't work out but they weren't considered bad picks at the time by most experts,
It was Keim’s JOB to make sure those picks DID work out. Doesn’t matter what “experts” thought of at the time.
Keim had only 1 top 5 pick and hit. Monti has had back to back top 5 picks and already passed on the DROY in year 1 and will likely be passing on OROY in year 2 if he passes on Marvin. I wonder what top 5 talent he'll pass on in year 3?
Keim has had 100 1st round picks & has hit on 2 of them while seeing OROYs AND DROYs get drafted after.

Legitimately makes no sense for you to defend Keim. I know you have eyes & seen how he has ran this franchise into the ground & left us with barely any talent for Monti to clean up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using the rubric of whether the board was happy with the pick is super-rough. We're all idiots and the GM should be held to a higher standard of competence and vision.

Jonathan Cooper was the fourth OL taken in that draft.
A significant number of people were happy with Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace instead of T Suggs. Many people really bought in on Stan Gelbaugh and John Skelton.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using the rubric of whether the board was happy with the pick is super-rough. We're all idiots and the GM should be held to a higher standard of competence and vision.

Jonathan Cooper was the fourth OL taken in that draft.
Now do Andy Isabella

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Now do Andy Isabella
Stupid Isabella was the sixth WR taken in the SECOND ROUND of the 2019 NFL draft. People with a hard-on for 2nd round WRs should remember that, yes, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel were taken in this round, but so were:

Mecole Hardman
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Parris Campbell
Andy Isabella

with Dionte Johnson and Jalen Hurd taken in the top 3 picks of the 3rd round. Saying "Don't worry about WR we have all the picks" is a dangerous game.

I'm more of a mid-afternoon huffer, but could rearrange my schedule if the price is right.

It's always mid-afternoon somewhere.

It is mid-afternoon somewhere!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dammit.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We see what that got him & us as a franchise.

Until it was obvious he wasn’t.

Until, again, it was obvious he wasn’t.

It’s obvious that if Kliff was never hired, Kyler would have never been our QB.

And again, it wasn’t obvious until he wasn’t. I know plenty others on here that also weren’t happy with the pick at the time.

Not for the team he was drafted by.

It was Keim’s JOB to make sure those picks DID work out. Doesn’t matter what “experts” thought of at the time.

Keim has had 100 1st round picks & has hit on 2 of them while seeing OROYs AND DROYs get drafted after.

Legitimately makes no sense for you to defend Keim. I know you have eyes & seen how he has ran this franchise into the ground & left us with barely any talent for Monti to clean up.
Maybe you should be a GM since you're so good, especially after the fact. I just went back and looked at the 2020 1st round. Only 18 of the 32 picks have impacted their team. There has to be alot of GM's on the hot seat. Draft picks don't out. That doesn't mean they were a bad selection at the time.

I'm willing to bet you had 1st round grades on Brock Purdy and even Tom Brady back in the day. Can't believe you're just hanging around on a message board.

I, and others have posted mock drafts on here in the past. I have no problem being wrong. I would like you to post one for this year so I will KNOW who the best 32 players are going to be in the league next year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Stupid Isabella was the sixth WR taken in the SECOND ROUND of the 2019 NFL draft. People with a hard-on for 2nd round WRs should remember that, yes, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel were taken in this round, but so were:

Mecole Hardman
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Parris Campbell
Andy Isabella

with Dionte Johnson and Jalen Hurd taken in the top 3 picks of the 3rd round. Saying "Don't worry about WR we have all the picks" is a dangerous game.

It's always mid-afternoon somewhere.

Dammit.
Terry McLaurin was right there and why I am smarter than Keim.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
from nfl.com the Ten Teams most likely to select a QB in round 1: