Perfect scenario to give both qbs snaps

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This is a perfect scenario to give both Qbs a chance to start in the regular season. i mean don’t interrupt success, but play them both. seems everybody but me has conceded to 1st number all draft pick next year.
this is the NFL BROTHERS. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

the QB competition is not yet decided, will be decided with live action.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Until Murray returns, Dobbs will be the designated starter. But, there is no doubt in my mind that certain packages are being drawn up to use Tune at times in every game. If Dobbs falls flat on his face, they want Tune to have some real snaps before having to use him. The kid has made mistakes, and isn’t ready to be QB1, but he’s been resilient throughout the preseason. Even during the Minnesota practices, he did much better on day 2, whereas McCoy was hideous both days.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Until Murray returns, Dobbs will be the designated starter. But, there is no doubt in my mind that certain packages are being drawn up to use Tune at times in every game. If Dobbs falls flat on his face, they want Tune to have some real snaps before having to use him. The kid has made mistakes, and isn’t ready to be QB1, but he’s been resilient throughout the preseason. Even during the Minnesota practices, he did much better on day 2, whereas McCoy was hideous both days.
The 4th choice QB won't make it 4 games - people will be screaming for Tune by game 2

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 4th choice QB won't make it 4 games - people will be screaming for Tune by game 2
People screaming? Does our fanbase even know how to scream lol? I’m not certain why Dobbs is considered our 4th choice QB? He was someone we expressed interest in very early on, but held off on hoping that maybe Murray would be back sooner and that McCoy, who was under contract, could survive a couple games. Murray out 4-6 games & McCoy looking completely washed against live bullets in the Minnesota practices necessitated the trade for Dobbs. This trade is EXACTLY why this team is not tanking.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't see the team rotating QBs, at all....unless it's a change due to poor play.

By all accounts, Petzig's offense is pretty meat and potatoes and dependent on matchups...it's not gimmicky or flashy. Swapping QBs for a play or even a package is just a signal to the defense that the offense is up to something out of the norm. When your offense is already, most likely, outmatched, why give the defense any help?

Just how I see it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
People screaming? Does our fanbase even know how to scream lol? I’m not certain why Dobbs is considered our 4th choice QB? He was someone we expressed interest in very early on, but held off on hoping that maybe Murray would be back sooner and that McCoy, who was under contract, could survive a couple games. Murray out 4-6 games & McCoy looking completely washed against live bullets in the Minnesota practices necessitated the trade for Dobbs. This trade is EXACTLY why this team is not tanking.
The 4th choice QB is only proof of the tankage - have him stink it up in game 1 (the only foreseeable game we have a chance at winning) and then it's safe to play Tune lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 4th choice QB is only proof of the tankage - have him stink it up in game 1 (the only foreseeable game we have a chance at winning) and then it's safe to play Tune lol
I explained exactly why Dobbs wasn’t ever our 4th choice and you disagree. That’s fine. We can agree to disagree.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I explained exactly why Dobbs wasn’t ever our 4th choice and you disagree. That’s fine. We can agree to disagree.
We had Kyler at #1 (clearly)

Then there was a QB competition for season starter - McCoy vs Tune (2 and 3)

Those were the 3 choices - before Dobbs ever got here - so while Dobbs may currently technically be QB #2 he was most definitely our 4th choice

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had Kyler at #1 (clearly)

Then there was a QB competition for season starter - McCoy vs Tune (2 and 3)

Those were the 3 choices - before Dobbs ever got here - so while Dobbs may currently technically be QB #2 he was most definitely our 4th choice
Yes, Murray was and is clearly #1. Tune was a 5th round rookie, so he was never considered high on that list, regardless of what people think. Dobbs was the ONLY QB the Cardinals were interested in during the offseason. And when McCoy was exposed by the Vikings, the Cardinals made the trade that was ALWAYS part of the plan if McCoy was exposed in live bullets, which he was. Regardless of what some on this board think, MOJG have a plan, and a well thought out and layered plan. The Cardinals knew Dobbs well, and they knew that Dobbs not only was intelligent enough to pick up this offense quickly, but that Dobbs already had a firm grasp of Petzing’s system. As MOJG continue to build this franchise, the days of throwing mud against the wall hoping something will stick will end. Constantly using bandaids will never produce sustainable success.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Yes, Murray was and is clearly #1. Tune was a 5th round rookie, so he was never considered high on that list, regardless of what people think. Dobbs was the ONLY QB the Cardinals were interested in during the offseason. And when McCoy was exposed by the Vikings, the Cardinals made the trade that was ALWAYS part of the plan if McCoy was exposed in live bullets, which he was. Regardless of what some on this board think, MOJG have a plan, and a well thought out and layered plan. The Cardinals knew Dobbs well, and they knew that Dobbs not only was intelligent enough to pick up this offense quickly, but that Dobbs already had a firm grasp of Petzing’s system. As MOJG continue to build this franchise, the days of throwing mud against the wall hoping something will stick will end. Constantly using bandaids will never produce sustainable success.
Dobbs is the bandaid
Tune is the unknown
But it's all good amigo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson