Draft Noise Going Around - QBs

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ruggs was never in the same stratosphere as Nabers and Odunze.

Ruggs never even eclipsed 800 yards receiving in college or the pros. Both Nabers and Odunze have consecutive 1,000 yards seasons in college. Production matters.

Ruggs was a riser based on speed, but he was never a top receiver in college.
Take a closer look at what he was doing before the incident... Dude had like 500yds and 2 TD's in 4 games that season.
He was an absolute stud

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Take a closer look at what he was doing before the incident... Dude had like 500yds and 2 TD's in 4 games that season.
He was an absolute stud
469 in 7 games. He was playing decent.

Nothing you have said has even remotely proven he was really a slam dunk 1st round pick.

He had like 900 yards total in his NFL career.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This guy no one's ever heard of seems to think so.
Doing his part. TBF Hoge doesnt believe in CTE and is probably trying to crank out attention.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Probably more of a yearly find one QB to pick on deal. Was CJ Stroud last year. Dont think he'll get the Levis treatment come draft time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Doing his part. TBF Hoge doesnt believe in CTE and is probably trying to crank out attention.

Probably more of a yearly find one QB to pick on deal. Was CJ Stroud last year. Dont think he'll get the Levis treatment come draft time.
I watched a video where Colt McCoy broke down tape with Drake Maye and he was pointing out all the little crafty things that Maye does. Asked him a ton of questions and Maye sounds like he really understands the game and the tape backed it up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly that list of 1st round WRs is even worse than I had pictured in my head.

You can make an argument that WRs picked in the 1st 12 should be thought of like RBs in the 1st 12.

Agree. WR is becoming an overly abundant position like RB.

I don't think it discounts the value of the top guys (yet) but certainly if your picking late in round one, or have no 1st round pick at all, you can be confident of having a good WR option most years. As you can with RB. CB is going the same way.

You can't say that about QB, OT, DT or Edge.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely find it impressive and won't be sad at all if we pick him. I am just pointing out there would be logic from a GM's standpoint to pass on an early WR, especially when guys like Legette will be there when you pick in round 2.

Of all the hyped WR's Legette is my least favorite. I get serious Laviska Shenault vibes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
you wonder how much of that was Gruden vs Mayock

but it sure makes you wonder -- Mayock sounded so good on TV but when he actually had to do it -- the results were a disaster
There is so much more that goes into scouting than any of us really realize.

Some of Mayock's picks were absolute head scratchers. Clellin Ferrell was way overdrafted, and the Raiders missed out on much better players. To miss so badly on a top five pick really hurts your team.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
When?

Did he do that or Graves did that? We seen what happened when Keim got his full fingerprints on building rosters.

He ain’t do that. More like Arians coached those teams above their talent level & Kyler having to carry a top-loaded team with no depth.

This ain’t about Monti. I just find it hilarious how you continue to act like Keim didn’t do way more negative than positive.
I get it. The GM had nothing to do with the successes only the failures. Very logical.
I mean he didn’t hire Arians. That was Mikey. He only hired Wilks and Kingsbury.

He didn’t trade for Chandler Jones, Hopkins, and Palmer. That was some underling. He only traded for Hollywood Brown.

He didn’t draft the guy(Murray) you said carried the team to the playoffs. That was Kingsbury. He only drafted Rosen and Isabella.

It’s all so clear to me now. Thanks.
I’m full on board with 13 loss Monti from here on. Matter of fact, Those 13 losses aren’t on Monti. It’s all on Keim.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
One man can override Monti on that decision.
You must be registered for see images attach

Just dont see how Bidwill lets a team lacking stars willing pass on MHJ. If he's gone then sure trade down, but man.
Smartest man in the room, first on the phone… single greatest individual to reside in AZ… ha

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I’m as big of a Notre Dame fan as there is and I’m sure Joe Alt will have a fine career, but if Marvin Harrison is there at 4 and the Cards don’t take him I might just throw a brick through my tv.
Dude, film it… if it pops big on social, that TV (and the total upgrade) will pay for itself.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When?

Did he do that or Graves did that? We seen what happened when Keim got his full fingerprints on building rosters.

He ain’t do that. More like Arians coached those teams above their talent level & Kyler having to carry a top-loaded team with no depth.

This ain’t about Monti. I just find it hilarious how you continue to act like Keim didn’t do way more negative than positive.
You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean he didn’t hire Arians. That was Mikey
Correct.
He only hired Wilks and Kingsbury.
Correct.
He didn’t trade for Chandler Jones
Keim.
BOB.
Arians.
He didn’t draft the guy(Murray) you said carried the team to the playoffs. That was Kingsbury
Correct.
Correct.
Kliff.
Those 13 losses aren’t on Monti. It’s all on Keim.
He’s definitely cleaning up all the mess Keim made.

It’s still hilarious that you believe Keim would’ve gone BPA, considering he NEVER did that outside of Kyler(which was Kliff).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s still hilarious that you believe Keim would’ve gone BPA, considering he NEVER did that outside of Kyler(which was Kliff).
FWIW, I think that Keim went BPA, but his draft board was distorted by the fact that he was huffing ether with cheesebeef in the mornings and power-chugging Crown Royale with Arians after-hours.

BRUH. Nine of the eleven players drafted after Robert Nkemdiche are still playing in the NFL. Emmanuel Ogbah has 42.5 career sacks.

Stupid Keim.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Warner was crapping all over him this morning too saying that he misses a lot of throws. Hopefully the Vikings don't care.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He’s definitely cleaning up all the mess Keim made.
He's doing a bang up job considering he lost almost as many games in one season as Keim did his first 3, 13-14.

I agree it was time for Keim to go but I'm not going to ignore that he had only 4 losing seasons(one at 7-8-1) in 10 years as GM.

I think Rod Graves was one of the worst GM's ever but I still give him credit for drafting Fitz, Boldin, Dansby, Dockett, Peterson, Campbell, Rolle. Many will say that was Denny Green's doing but Graves was the guy in charge. The guy in charge is the guy in charge. Working with your HC is part of the job.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's doing a bang up job considering he lost almost as many games in one season as Keim did his first 3, 13-14.
It’s almost like he didn’t receive the team with barely any talent that Keim built, which was a complete opposite of the team Keim received from Graves.
I agree it was time for Keim to go but I'm not going to ignore that he had only 4 losing seasons(one at 7-8-1) in 10 years as GM
I am, considering it’s now obvious he barely had little to do with it.