Draft Noise Going Around - QBs

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Would it shock you to know that 7 LBs have been taken in the top 12 between 2017 and 2022 and 4 of them became pro bowlers.

We just got REALLY unlucky
Maybe but I think Bill Davis coaching them had as much to do with it as anything.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Not unless he refuses a private workout with the Cardinals. He is a sellers market but you still want to see the house and have it inspected (check him medically).
He’s going to combine and will meet with teams and be checked medically.

It’s zero concern that he doesn’t do a combine or pro day workout. It’s not like he’s sitting on a couch doing nothing all day. He a very hard working guy.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
If Monti passes on Marvin, I’ll be wishing we still had Keim. With Keim we’d very likely be sitting there with Will Anderson and Marvin Harrison.
I’ll take those 2 over whatever combination Monti comes up with.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Monti passes on Marvin, I’ll be wishing we still had Keim. With Keim we’d very likely be sitting there with Will Anderson and Marvin Harrison.
Ya, Keim REALLY knew how to draft DE and WR's. Ooof.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just a reminder. 1st round WRs disappoint or fail all the time. I will list the first round and then any notable 2nd rounders or later pro bowlers

2017 WR 1st round Draft Order. Corey Davis, John Ross 2nd Round: JuJu Smith Schuster 3rd Round: Cooper Kupp
2018: DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley 2nd Round: Courtland Sutton, Dj Chark, Christian Kirk
2019: Hollywood Brown, NKeal Harry. 2nd Round: Deebo, AJ Brown 3rd Round: DK Metcalf, Dionte Johnson, Terry McLaurin,
2020: Henry Ruggs, Jerry Judy, Cee Dee, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk. 2nd Round: Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman
2021: Jamaar Chase, Devonta Smith, Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman 4th Round: Amon St Brown
2022: Drake London, Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, Jameson Williams

That's 3 pro bowlers out of 18 picks in 6 years of round 1. 2 of them that made the pro bowl were not the first or second guy taken.

This draft is super deep in WRs. Like 2019 deep
And there are WRs that go high that become generational talents. I will definitely fall back on the idea of getting better talent higher in the draft. In another year, with lesser need at the position, I could see your point. Not now, when we have nothing much in the WR room. Heck, we could go WR at 1 and 27 and it would make sense, that's how huge a need it is. I know it's not your chosen strategy, but the acute need for a star WR is too much for me to ignore the convergence of opportunity at #4.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Thanks Chris!

Pre draft, Is MJH considered to be a better prospect than every single one of those guys?

If "yes", does that ease your concern (some) about taking MJH at 4?
He’s considered above 90% of these guys. 2020 being the big exception except for the criminal who I opposed at the time. He’s also a legacy.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there are WRs that go high that become generational talents. I will definitely fall back on the idea of getting better talent higher in the draft. In another year, with lesser need at the position, I could see your point. Not now, when we have nothing much in the WR room. Heck, we could go WR at 1 and 27 and it would make sense, that's how huge a need it is. I know it's not your chosen strategy, but the acute need for a star WR is too much for me to ignore the convergence of opportunity at #4.

The only way you see two WRs within the first two rounds is if there is a trade back.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you a #KeimGuy at heart or something?

Yes, the guy who was known for atrocity 1st round drafting would have selected Will Anderson & Marvin Harrison.

Reaction score
Is Drake Maye starting to fall? If he falls out of the top 3 that's a problem for us at 4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So pretty much - BUST! :oops:

Or this Kurt guy doesn't know crap! One of the two. . .

:pullhair:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Are you a #KeimGuy at heart or something?

Yes, the guy who was known for atrocity 1st round drafting would have selected Will Anderson & Marvin Harrison.
Keim generally stood pat and took the assumed BPA. He wasn’t a trade down guy.

Not a Keim guy but appreciate that he put together some very talented rosters, especially with Arians. And not just blaming him for the current mess.

He was twice named executive of the year and gave us 3 playoff teams in 9 years.
People seem to have blind faith in Monti who has done nothing, had 13 losses in his 1st year, and seems to be prepared to pass on Uber talented players like Anderson and Harrison.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim generally stood pat and took the assumed BPA
When?
he put together some very talented rosters, especially with Arians
Did he do that or Graves did that? We seen what happened when Keim got his full fingerprints on building rosters.
He was twice named executive of the year and gave us 3 playoff teams in 9 years.
He ain’t do that. More like Arians coached those teams above their talent level & Kyler having to carry a top-loaded team with no depth.
People seem to have blind faith in Monti who has done nothing
This ain’t about Monti. I just find it hilarious how you continue to act like Keim didn’t do way more negative than positive.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ruggs was a stud on the field...

Poor life decisions are difficult to foresee
Ruggs was never in the same stratosphere as Nabers and Odunze.

Ruggs never even eclipsed 800 yards receiving in college or the pros. Both Nabers and Odunze have consecutive 1,000 yards seasons in college. Production matters.

Ruggs was a riser based on speed, but he was never a top receiver in college.