Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So hard to get excited for this one, even as an opener. I'll be happy if we keep it close and play a tight game.
If you can't get excited for this one - the home opener against one of our weaker opponents, you probably aren't going to get excited about any game this year.

Granted I'm not super excited for it either, but I'm just saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can't get excited for this one - the home opener against one of our weaker opponents, you probably aren't going to get excited about any game this year.

This isn’t a home opener.

Personally, I wouldn’t label my attitude towards Sunday as “excitement.” More like morbid curiosity.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn’t a home opener.

Personally, I wouldn’t label my attitude towards Sunday as “excitement.” More like morbid curiosity.
I'm excited. Game 1 is always super telling. You have an entire offseason to prepare for this first game. We can see how we game planned against the Chiefs last year, and now the Lions did this year.

Are we going to play hard, make only a few mental mistakes and keep it close?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped for some football, a little less excited with the Dobbs nod but what are you gonna do
IMO, starting Dobbs is good news for Tune. Gives him a chance to watch and learn. No pressure, and he knows that he's only a bad performance or two, to being named the starter. And remember everyone LOVES the backup QB. With the possible exception of some guys on this board.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I'll be excited for the Stillers game, as I'll be there. We'll get crushed, but I'll be excited for it :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited. Game 1 is always super telling. You have an entire offseason to prepare for this first game. We can see how we game planned against the Chiefs last year, and now the Lions did this year.

Are we going to play hard, make only a few mental mistakes and keep it close?
i'll be honest... I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow pulled this out. Rivera's not a good coach, they have a big question mark at QB and crazy stuff happens in Week 1 all the time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
i'll be honest... I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow pulled this out. Rivera's not a good coach, they have a big question mark at QB and crazy stuff happens in Week 1 all the time.
Gannon also may not be a good coach tho. That Athletic profile had some concerning details.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll be excited for the Stillers game, as I'll be there. We'll get crushed, but I'll be excited for it :D
Lol... the masochistic renewal of a life long hatred for stiller fans...lmao...wish I could be there with ya

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon also may not be a good coach tho. That Athletic profile had some concerning details.
Oh, I’m not assuming he is. I just know Rivera isn’t and at least this team has that going for it as opposed to playing a legit coach.

Also, give us cliff notes on the Athletic profile por favor…

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals at Commanders

Cardinals WR Hollywood Brown (hamstring) and TE Zach Ertz (knee) are listed as questionable. T Kelvin Beachum (hand) will not play.

DE Chase Young (stinger) is questionable for the Commanders and needs to be cleared for contact. DE James Smith-Williams (oblique) is also questionable, but WR Terry McLaurin (toe) is good to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn