Wk 1 Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Commanders Pre-Game Thread. 8/26/23-9/09/23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So hard to get excited for this one, even as an opener. I'll be happy if we keep it close and play a tight game.
I‘ve always been excited for openers, even when we’ve had guys like Hogeboom, Rosenbach, Tupa, Beuerlein, Schroeder, and Krieg start at QB. Add some trash HC’s like Holway, Wilkinson, Bugel, Ryan, McGinnis, Wilks, and KK, and it becomes very easy to get excited about this opener. It’s no doubt a rebuild, but progress will come sooner than people expect.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When you have a young staff and almost the youngest roster (thanks Prater), you have to build the team first foundation at every step you can, IMO.
I agree. Football has always had a military-like structure. In the military, we build discipline by the smallest of actions. Google Admiral McRaven's commencement speech where he talks about the importance of making your bed in the morning.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Broken window theory.

The little things lead to the big things so the details matter.
When I first joined the Army I didn't really get why every little thing mattered like that, but I figured it out over time.

Wearing the team gear is just like wearing the uniform, which creates the sense of a team, a brotherhood.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'll share this here again, too. This is a good article on the culture shock and shift and players fully understand what's expected of them....oh, and Murray loves it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score