Suns @ Grizzlies 10-27-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kokoskov has some questionable rotations.

I am getting pretty close to writing off Kokoskov as a head coach. This team hasn't even been competitive in the last 5 games, and Kokoskov has not even tried to do something about it. Even Watson and Triano had them competing on some nights.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember who called this during preseason.

Yeah, ME. I've been saying for months now that we earned our horrible record last season, it wasn't just the result of tanking. It remains to be seen if you're right that it will set them back 5 years and if you remember, that's really where most of us disagreed with you. A few here thought we could get by without a point guard and they were clearly wrong. You do get credit for calling it the worst set of point guards in the league but I'd maintain our Grand Canyon sized hole at power forward is just as telling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is looking so good.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, ME. I've been saying for months now that we earned our horrible record last season, it wasn't just the result of tanking. It remains to be seen if you're right that it will set them back 5 years and if you remember, that's really where most of us disagreed with you. A few here thought we could get by without a point guard and they were clearly wrong. You do get credit for calling it the worst set of point guards in the league but I'd maintain our Grand Canyon sized hole at power forward is just as telling.

In the prediction thread, I don't think anyone predicted as few wins as I did, and right now 22 wins appears to be a pipe dream.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson's shot is so bad I'm not sure if it is correctable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the prediction thread, I don't think anyone predicted as few wins as I did, and right now 22 wins appears to be a pipe dream.

That's true. You said 21 a few times and then said if we don't add a point guard we'll be lucky to win 10. I think you're low on both accounts but we'll see. Regardless, most of us here will be on the over side.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's true. You said 21 a few times and then said if we don't add a point guard we'll be lucky to win 10. I think you're low on both accounts but we'll see. Regardless, most of us here will be on the over side.

If the team continues to play the way it has the last 5 games (which, incidentally, is how it played in preseason), we WILL be lucky to win 10.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is money. He needs some support though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Grizzlies 68 - Suns 43

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t get Igor. His offense is beautiful, it can definitely work, but his in game strategy seems really lacking. Between Bridges lack of playing time and his over reliance of Josh Jackson, I’m not sure what he’s doing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t get Igor. His offense is beautiful, it can definitely work, but his in game strategy seems really lacking. Between Bridges lack of playing time and his over reliance of Josh Jackson, I’m not sure what he’s doing.

I don't think he is sure what he's doing. Seems like he is in way over his head. I maintain that it could be the language barrier. That doesn't factor much in long term design and planning, but in the heat of a game where split second decisions are necessary, it can't help that the language the players speak does not come naturally to the coach.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

He appears to be from the Larry Brown school of "Stick with what you are doing and give it a chance to work. Rookies are not ready."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't think he is sure what he's doing. Seems like he is in way over his head.
Seems like he is working with less than a full deck. Not only are the players trying to pick up his offense, but they don't have anyone that can initiate. Especially with Booker sitting on the sideline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Okobo will be a fine point guard in time. This might be the Suns best second round pick since Dragic.