Lakers @ Suns Friday game thread, 11-10-2023 - In-Season Tournament Game #1

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Still pretty upset again. Fourth quarter, hey let’s just dump the ball to KD on the elbow and go iso. Offensive spacing sucks still, there’s still some confusion on where each guy should stand.
Might be time to sit JO. He’s been dreadful.
They ran the same play over and over several times. First half they took advantage of Yuta. Second half they went pick and roll with lebron to get Allen in him every time down the stretch. Do some pre-switching or substitution by possession. Just frustrating as there’s no strategy being employed.
Coach's plan seems to outscore them. But without off. spacing, our off. efficiency gained by playing Yuta and Allen there often gets outweighted by encouraged off. efficiency of the opponents, particularly if it's the savvy superstar like LBJ. JO's or even Little's pros and cons in place of Allen in the 4th might yield positive total results. JO should be instructed to do a lot of off-ball screening to free our catch-n-shooters anticipating double/triple teaming of KD.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coach's plan seems to outscore them. But without off. spacing, our off. efficiency gained by playing Yuta and Allen there often gets outweighted by encouraged off. efficiency of the opponents, particularly if it's the savvy superstar like LBJ. JO's or even Little's pros and cons in place of Allen in the 4th might yield positive total results. JO should be instructed to do a lot of off-ball screening to free our catch-n-shooters anticipating double/triple teaming of KD.

JO just needs to sit. He can come in final defensive possessions but he's too much of a liability on offense. Other teams aren't guarding him.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns defense is their biggest weakness.

This is my greatest disappointment, since this is supposed to be Frank Vogel's strength as a head coach.
Also he emphasize fast break points off the rebounds and we aren’t doing that.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Extremely frustrating. And with so many damn Lakers fan on our court with their color.
Yeah I did not like seeing them celebrate on our floor when Austin Reeves hit a couple of shots down the stretch. LeBron and Kobe clad half drunk fans dancing did not help either.

Let's forget that game and hope for improvements in the next game. We'll have our revenge later in the season. I think it is a positive that Vogel has put KBD in the starting lineup, but Okogie has not done well as a sub. As someone said, he is better closer to the basket, more of a slasher. Right now he has not a lot of confidence taking the 3 point shot, and it looks to affect his defensive intensity as well. I thought Goodwin got too little time. I would like to see Goodwin, Okogie and Little play together with Durant or Beal and Gordon versus the other teams bench. That should be in our favor.

Disappointing start to the season but it is what it is. New coach, new players. Need to have patience.