Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s weird that you haven’t noticed how many great QBs take MAJOR steps in their second year when they start u see standing the game and it slows down for them the more playing time they get.

Note to self: I can't address the grown-up without the ankle biter showing up.

The gefilte Tag Team... ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd take Diontae.

A WR corps of Harrison Jr, Diontae, and Wilson could be really solid. Throw in McBride, Conner, and Carter and I think we could be exciting again.
I would not take him. He could maybe be forgiven his butter fingers because of his speed, but he is not the kind of attitude guy we need in Arizona. Yet another in a long line of Pittsburgh nutters. The Stillers need to add at WR, not subtract, and there's a reason they're offering him to teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's weird that in all your years watching football, you haven't noted that rookie QBs often face new challenges in their second season. Defensive coordinators now have an entire season of tape to analyze, note tendencies, build counters, disguises, etc.
Of course this is the case. It’s the case for literally every player that experiences success. They become a focal point of the opposition. But it doesn’t lower the starting point from which that superior is launching into the nfl - a higher launching point than most of their historical peers. You’re taking a constant in an equation and seemingly making it a challenge unique to stroud. It’s not. Every rookie QB experiences this whether they were bad, average, good, or excellent (as stroud was) as a rookie.

It’s like hiring five brand new attorneys. One of which excels. In their second year they are all going to get more complicated assignments. The one who excelled in his first year practicing is still more likely to outperform his peers. He’s just more likely better.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Of course this is the case. It’s the case for literally every player that experiences success. They become a focal point of the opposition. But it doesn’t lower the starting point from which that superior is launching into the nfl - a higher launching point than most of their historical peers. You’re taking a constant in an equation and seemingly making it a challenge unique to stroud. It’s not. Every rookie QB experiences this whether they were bad, average, good, or excellent (as stroud was) as a rookie.

It’s like hiring five brand new attorneys. One of which excels. In their second year they are all going to get more complicated assignments. The one who excelled in his first year practicing is still more likely to outperform his peers. He’s just more likely better.

I was simply, in a few very short sentences, addressing the adjustments Stroud would face, nothing more.

And, yes, of course - all other players face similar trajectories.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note to self: I can't address the grown-up without the ankle biter showing up.

The gefilte Tag Team... ;)
Wow…the gefilte tag team? so, not only can you not respond to just a simple football take without hurling insults but you ALSO respond with by ending with Anti-Semitic crap too? Good work you pathetic bigot.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wow…the gefilte tag team? so, not only can you not respond to just a simple football take without hurling insults but you ALSO respond with by ending with Anti-Semitic crap too? Good work you pathetic bigot.
My experience on ASFN has improved considerable after placing Quebec on ignore. That last sentence is probably what the "report" button is for.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh, I think people are a little too sensitive. We are Jewish. People know that. Gefilte fish is a Jewish food. That said if called two Mexican brothers here the bean bros he’d be called out, so what do I know. No one cares when Jews are targeted for being Jews (I mean, there’s no reason to bring up our religion on a football board).

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh, I think people are a little too sensitive. We are Jewish. People know that. Gefilte fish is a Jewish food. That said if called two Mexican brothers here the bean bros he’d be called out, so what do I know. No one cares when Jews are targeted for being Jews (I mean, there’s no reason to bring up our religion on a football board).

My Sephardic wife saw it as nothing more than a joke, and she can give a long list of genuinely offensive references.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My Sephardic wife saw it as nothing more than a joke, and she can give a long list of genuinely offensive references.
Yeah I didn’t bat an eye at it. But when I sat back and thought about it people would be up in arms if it were a different ethnic group about which a food related comment was made and made me think “why are we Jews any less important?”

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t bat an eye at it. But when I sat back and thought about it people would be up in arms if it were a different ethnic group about which a food related comment was made and made me think “why are we Jews any less important?”
Doesn't gefilte just mean "stuffed"
So his comment wasn't really even food related...just used a Yiddish word

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doesn't gefilte just mean "stuffed"
So his comment wasn't really even food related...just used a Yiddish word
It’s pretty much synonymous with gefilte fish. In 55 years of being Jewish around jewish family and friends and attending Jewish parochial school for 8 years and hewbrew high school for 4 I have only heard it used in that manner. And that includes a full generation of Yiddish speakers.

Reaction score
I first heard the term in the movie Rush Hour 2 I believe when Chris Tucker tries to order it on a flight.