Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you want talent or cap space? Mike Evans game is not speed dependent, and he didn't shrink in the offseason. Dude put up numbers last year and it is only a 2 year deal.

Agree, doesn't even reset the market. This is AJ Brown money for a guy that's never had less than 1000 yards in a season and has a career 76 yards per game. Which is some fete.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People who think that Mike Evans got overpaid are going to be flabbergasted by what Hollywood Brown gets on the open market. Two years, $52 million is about right for such a sure thing as Evans is.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think this a terrible signing. Too old to be giving him that much money.

It means that Kerouac's call on Hollywood is even more likely. Mike Evans is a 26 million dollar a year player. Someone is giving Hollywood like 15 million a year for 3. It's just happening. That's Hunter Renfroe before the cap blew up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evans is now the #3 paid WR in the league. The whole salary board is about to reset. This would put him as the 17th highest Quarterback

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It means that Kerouac's call on Hollywood is even more likely. Mike Evans is a 26 million dollar a year player. Someone is giving Hollywood like 15 million a year for 3. It's just happening. That's Hunter Renfroe before the cap blew up.
There's a lot of reason for some team to think they're betting on the come for a deal like that, also. Mike Evans is likely to exactly perform to that contract.

There's a fair chance that Hollywood Brown outperforms that contract in at least one of those three years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Evans is now the #3 paid WR in the league. The whole salary board is about to reset. This would put him as the 17th highest Quarterback
OTC has Cooper Kupp making $700k more than Evans, but it's right there (depending on the final details).

By the start of the season, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Evans in the lower half of the top 10 WR contracts.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, people were shocked at what Kirk got.
Yeah. Kirk hit the market when his star was on the rise. Just had a career high for receptions, yards, catch %, and settled into a role as a very good slot guy.

Hollywood will hit the market after the worst season in his career in yardage and catch rate, second-worst in receptions and TDs. He hasn't played in more than 14 games since he was a Raven.

I still think he'll get a multi-year deal from someone with more than $20 million in guarantees.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Even the Cards social folks hate the all-reds. Sad!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Kirk hit the market when his star was on the rise. Just had a career high for receptions, yards, catch %, and settled into a role as a very good slot guy.

Hollywood will hit the market after the worst season in his career in yardage and catch rate, second-worst in receptions and TDs. He hasn't played in more than 14 games since he was a Raven.

I still think he'll get a multi-year deal from someone with more than $20 million in guarantees.

Even the Cards social folks hate the all-reds. Sad!
That’s what that means?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you want talent or cap space? Mike Evans game is not speed dependent, and he didn't shrink in the offseason. Dude put up numbers last year and it is only a 2 year deal.
I want to spend cap space on players likely to perform at the level of pay they are receiving. I don't think Evans will.

I just don't like giving big money to any football players over 30.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I want to spend cap space on players likely to perform at the level of pay they are receiving. I don't think Evans will.

I just don't like giving big money to any football players over 30.
I want as many players as possible on the roster to outperform their draft position (for players on their first contract) or contract (for free agents). Evans outperformed his last contract; I think he'll just about meet this one. Maybe.

With older players I think you're more in danger going out more years than giving them money upfront. Evans is out after two years, or he's on the Larry Fitzgerald Brand Maintenance Schedule.

It's the DHop five year extension that gets terminated after two that becomes a problem.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want as many players as possible on the roster to outperform their draft position (for players on their first contract) or contract (for free agents). Evans outperformed his last contract; I think he'll just about meet this one. Maybe.

With older players I think you're more in danger going out more years than giving them money upfront. Evans is out after two years, or he's on the Larry Fitzgerald Brand Maintenance Schedule.

It's the DHop five year extension that gets terminated after two that becomes a problem.
Fair