Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Stroud
I like him more than kyler at present.
This is a no-brainer. I like Murray and am optimistic that he can continue on an upward trajectory with an improved supporting cast, but Stroud was already as good as a rookie as Murray was in his best season. Is there anyone who wouldn't trade Murray for Stroud straight up right now?!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We should bring Jameis in as backup QB this offseason.
PHNX has it sourced that they are rolling with Tune as the backup. It sorts of gives the vibe if we're good then great, but we're ok losing games if Kyler gets injured. Just my vibe although I guess he could get better.
I liked 2022 Kyler with a full compliment of weapons and a defense better. Stroud played great, but he also had everything set up to succeed. His OC (Slowik) probably should have gotten a HC job because he was outstanding.

We've seen other QBs have big time success early and then fade, but I get the early optimism. Strouds throwing motion is textbook and he's an underrated athlete.
Slowik is the guy I thought Petzing would be. And that's not to crap on Petzing its just watching the Texans games you get a real sense of a play caller being ahead of the defense. That's just a gift.

Stroud's ability to layer the football is up there with Joe Burrow. Should be an interesting division with the Jags trying to bounce and the Colts getting hype.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Re: Stroud

This is a no-brainer. I like Murray and am optimistic that he can continue on an upward trajectory with an improved supporting cast, but Stroud was already as good as a rookie as Murray was in his best season. Is there anyone who wouldn't trade Murray for Stroud straight up right now?!
That’s a good enough question for a poll.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a good enough question for a poll.
Feel free to post one. Not sure whether contact status should be factored in, but if so it would obviously be a huge additional factor in Stroud's favor.

I see Murray's upside as a top-10 QB with occasional top 5 seasons; with question marks regarding consistency, durability, and clutch play in playoff and playoff-clinching games.

I see Stroud as a current top-10 QB with consistent top-5 potential - though the sample size is small.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Feel free to post one. Not sure whether contact status should be factored in, but if so it would obviously be a huge additional factor in Stroud's favor.

I see Murray's upside as a top-10 QB with occasional top 5 seasons; with question marks regarding consistency, durability, and clutch play in playoff and playoff-clinching games.

I see Stroud as a current top-10 QB with consistent top-5 potential - though the sample size is small.
I reserve judgement for one than one season.

Two years ago Deshaun Watson was a top five QB, now he looks like a bottom ten. And he had a much larger sample size than Stroud does.

Stroud could suck in 2024 when Slowik is gone. Sometimes that's all it takes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It would be so Cardinals to go on a 3+ year rebuild in the fast turnaround NFL. It will be so BCFS to defend the team doing so lol
Well Wolf said last offseason was about raising the floor. Turns out the floor was the same four wins Kliff had. Fun!

Calvisi has been saying some nonsense about a “dip” in 2024 for a “rip” in 2025.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well Wolf said last offseason was about raising the floor. Turns out the floor was the same four wins Kliff had. Fun!

Calvisi has been saying some nonsense about a “dip” in 2024 for a “rip” in 2025.
JFC, really? And, if I understand correctly, they're the mouths of Sauron, right? Ugh.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The League will adjust to Stroud.

We'll see if he can.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well as @Chopper0080 said Monti needs to know that you can still win while rebuilding.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Where do you reckon Danger-Russ ends up?

I think the Vikings. They seem to want to draft a rookie, JJ McCarthy is the big rumour, but McCarthy isn't ready to start in the NFL.

They have to ended Jefferson which will eat a bunch of their $40m cap space and they lost both guards and a starting LB they need to replace.

Russ is already getting paid by the Broncos and would basically sign for vet min to play with Jefferson and Addison.

I think Russ would be good in McConnells scheme and for basically free while they develop McCarthy I think it would suit both parties.
I guess he recently visited Pittsburgh. I feel like he’d be an upgrade for them.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL "Raising the floor" offseason. How about renaming it "lowering expectations." Congrats, we won five games "the right way." GTFOH with that.
Yeah agree that was a straight up BS take.
Moments after he tweeted that.....

You must be registered for see images attach

I know, I know, it's not believable... Bidwill would never part with the money!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Agree on that. It took Daniels five years to play as well as Caleb in year two. That's a big red flag.

And anyone who watched him at ASU probably wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

The PFF guys on their pod said he’s got the weakest arm of the 6 top ranked QB’s. Not sure it’s worse than Nix’ arm but the fact his body hasn’t really changed in 5 years is concerning. He’s an ectomorph and doesn’t really protect himself when running.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The PFF guys on their pod said he’s got the weakest arm of the 6 top ranked QB’s. Not sure it’s worse than Nix’ arm but the fact his body hasn’t really changed in 5 years is concerning. He’s an ectomorph and doesn’t really protect himself when running.
He actually gained a ton of weight the past two years, but I highly doubt he can gain much more and he's significantly skinnier than Lamar.

Heck Kyler probably weighs as much, if not more than Daniels and he's probably five inches shorter