Thunder @ Suns 11-17-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns get a third chance to beat the Thunder on Saturday but this time at home. They lost the previous two meetings in Oklahoma City.

It looks like Trevor Ariza will not play.

The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time. It will be televised on FSAZ.

Here is more about the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: The Suns (3-11) snapped a four-game losing skid with a 116-96 win Wednesday over San Antonio, which had won its previous game against Phoenix by 30 on Halloween. … Oklahoma City (9-5) is coming off a 128-103 win Wednesday over New York as Paul George has scored 67 points in his past two games. This will be the third of four meetings between Phoenix and Oklahoma City in their first 15 games. The Thunder are 2-0 against the Suns, winning 117-110 last month and 118-101 Monday. Both games were at Oklahoma City. They’ll face each other one more time Dec. 28 at Talking Stick Resort Arena. … Oklahoma City has won four of its past five games without Russell Westbrook, who has been sidelined with an ankle injury. … Trevor Ariza missed Phoenix’s last game due to personal/family reasons. … The Thunder will continue this three-game road trip Monday at Sacramento and end it Wednesday at Golden State. … Phoenix begins a four-game road trip Monday at Philadelphia.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...inally-beat-oklahoma-city-thunder/2030758002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Gina Mizell.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton needs to be mean.

Here is an excerpt from a Duane Rankin article:

“We just told him that he’s just got to be mean,” Canaan said. “He’s a good kid and he’s an unselfish player and we told him we don’t need him being nice to the opponents. We need him to be mean the whole time.”

As Canaan, 6-0, was talking, Ayton walked behind him and blew on top of his head, but the rookie wasn’t playful at all Wednesday in dunking on Davis Bertans and flexing afterward like he did in college at Arizona.

“When he finally dunked on somebody, I went up to him and said, 'Thank you,' ” a smiling Canaan said.

“He got the message. He’s learning each game. We’re really staying on him and really pushing him because he’s going to be a hell of a player in this league and he’s just got to continue to grow and be coachable.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...inally-beat-oklahoma-city-thunder/2030758002/

I think Ayton is getting the message.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton needs to be mean.

Here is an excerpt from a Duane Rankin article:

“We just told him that he’s just got to be mean,” Canaan said. “He’s a good kid and he’s an unselfish player and we told him we don’t need him being nice to the opponents. We need him to be mean the whole time.”

As Canaan, 6-0, was talking, Ayton walked behind him and blew on top of his head, but the rookie wasn’t playful at all Wednesday in dunking on Davis Bertans and flexing afterward like he did in college at Arizona.

“When he finally dunked on somebody, I went up to him and said, 'Thank you,' ” a smiling Canaan said.

“He got the message. He’s learning each game. We’re really staying on him and really pushing him because he’s going to be a hell of a player in this league and he’s just got to continue to grow and be coachable.”

I think Ayton is getting the message.
We will know that he’s gotten the message when he stops talking so deferentially about players he’s idolized. Talk respectfully? Sure. Deferentially? Problem when you’ve got to compete with, and hopefully beat, them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder what’s up with ariza
I wonder if off the court issues have impacted his play this year. We all know serious family issues can have a significant impact on work performance. Specifics are none of our business, but this might answer a lot.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
let's go suns atleast play competitive tonight. Hope cannan has another good gm and ayton.

winning is better than tanking!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will know that he’s gotten the message when he stops talking so deferentially about players he’s idolized. Talk respectfully? Sure. Deferentially? Problem when you’ve got to compete with, and hopefully beat, them.

Hopefully Ayton will learn not to be in awe of some of the players once he has played against them once or twice. Adams is a special challenge because he is so physical.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hope Ariza is doing allright. He seems like a good guy he just didn't leave much on the floor the first games, so I think it is right to bench him, and Anderson. We don't know the whole picture so off course we might have to eat some crow when/if we get more pieces to the puzzle.

Anyway, I will put on the game tomorrow morning and yet again set myself up for disappointment, LOL. Go Suns.

BTW I always read her name Liza Minelli...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo has been recalled from NAZ Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones was on the Suns pregame. Anyone catch it?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell Westbrook is out for tonight's game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the lineups.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges scores the Suns first basket with a 3 point shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is scoring against Adams by turning to face him and taking the outside shot.

Both Ayton and Bridges have 6 points each.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why oh why if Book is playing point is Cannan in there. I know he made a shot but c'mon Igor

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker seems content to distribute (3 assists) early in the game. He has only taken one shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender is in the game in the 1st quarter.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wth Bender....Melton in the 1st ....Igor going against everything that won the last game.so confused

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson