Thunder @ Suns Sunday game thread, 11-12-2023

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Nurse was the hot commodity this summer and he didn’t take the Suns job. Young was a “up-in-commer” yet he stayed for Vogel. Nurse’s team is among the best in the NBA. There was a reason why he was the number one coach and Vogel wasn’t.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
T.J. McConnell's getting minimal run for the Pacers

We need a hard nosed PG who is a leader and can defend

Suns have had interest in him for years

Make it happen, Ishbia

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have one more win than the Trailblazers. We're in the same category of suck. Difference is unless we get our poo together, the Trailblazers have a brighter future.
Lol… no they don’t. We have Booker. That alone makes our present and future brighter.

They have Scoot and draft picks. Other than that, I see no reason that team has a bright future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Nurse was the hot commodity this summer and he didn’t take the Suns job. Young was a “up-in-commer” yet he stayed for Vogel. Nurse’s team is among the best in the NBA. There was a reason why he was the number one coach and Vogel wasn’t.

Nurse was the guy I was stumping for last season when people scoffed at firing Monty. Was bummed when it was apparent he wasn’t the guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Make it happen, Ishbia

This I agree with.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns tie the game at 40.
[/QUOTE
Also, Nurkic is too slow at center. I believe injuries have taken a toll on him.
Nurkic is a very slow center. I like the energy & play of Drew Eubanks tonight. Hope he takes that starting job from Nurkic. And Vogel isn't looking like a defensive coaching genius as advertised.

The broken record still say the Suns need a true point guard and power forward although James Jones & Suns don't think so. It's still early but I was never that high on giving the nod for the Suns winning the championship this year. It takes time to gel with so many new bench players & 2 or 3 new starters and not to mention our so call defensive coach. Patience needed as I hope we aren't as bad as we been just out the gate this early in the season.

Book's return will help. Missed Gordon scoring too. But what we now? 4-6? Can't panic.

Llll
lol night yall
[/QUO

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the least clutch suns team I can ever remember. And KD and Beal might be the most unclutch stars I’ve ever seen thus far in this season.

This team is shockingly a really poor passing team. And surprisingly lazy defensively around the three point line.

Missing our heart and soul is obviously an issue . . . but it shouldn’t be THIS big of an issue. I’m starting to think this experiment was a gawd awful mistake (one I fully supported).

I haven’t enjoyed watching this team even a little.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah… there’s a real good chance I have been wrong about everything with this team since the Durant trade.
If by mid season this team is a bust maybe you can recoup some of what was traded away by trading KD to a contender. Only going to get fifty cents on the dollar for what was spent, but anything might be worthwhile.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was enthusiastic about Vogel, and I still don't think he's high on the list of problems, but it's hard to tell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nurkic is completely worthless. This team meltsdown in the 4th quarter. Okogie lost his confidence. This bench is inconsistent. Beal is playing like a role player. It's KD and a bunch of jabronis
Nurkic really isn’t very good.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nurkic is a better passer, can get to the line, better handles, and maybe has a higher basketball IQ, but Ayton is far more athletic, durable, set better screens, and rebounding. And that’s all the Suns really need from him now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Big Al

Devin Booker will give the Suns more help at point guard, but this is definitely a weakness when Beal and Booker are both not playing. The Suns do not have a closer at the moment.

Nurkic is too slow footed but the Suns FO knew this when they made the Ayton trade.

If Frank Vogel should go, let's bundle James Jones as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I really wanted nurse. I was hollering for that.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
@Big Al

Devin Booker will give the Suns more help at point guard, but this is definitely a weakness when Beal and Booker are both not playing. The Suns do not have a closer at the moment.

Nurkic is too slow footed but the Suns FO knew this when they made the Ayton trade.

If Frank Vogel should go, let's bundle with James Jones as well.
James Jones can go fly a kite. He's been one of the most overrated front office guys in the league for most of his tenure. He only got the job because he was buddies with Lebron, and he would work for Sarver bucks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was enthusiastic about Vogel, and I still don't think he's high on the list of problems, but it's hard to tell.
I was optimistic about him. I’m not seeing what he brings to the table. The defense is atrocious.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns only scored 13ptz in 4tb qtr.OKC hsd 31

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our bench outscored theirs by 30. We outrebounded them by 19. KD and Beal shot 13/36. That’s our two stars. That sucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can't afford Bradley Beal sitting out with an injury with Booker out.

If so, the Suns need to find a reason to sit Durant as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can't afford Bradley Beal sitting out with an injury with Booker out.

If so, the Suns need to find a reason to sit Durant as well.

Man… this is worst case scenario… and could be argued most likely scenario… playing out right from the start of the season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Make it happen, Ishbia

Lmao he’s horrible. There’s a reason he’s not playing. I swear to god these guys love the white try hard guys