There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What's a marine? Oh yeah, someone too dumb to get into the Army!
I was a Navy guy. I also spent a lot of energy disrespecting the Marines. Especially when they were cooking my omelets..but then I grew up.
Marines do the jobs nobody else wants to do and they do it knowing their deaths are an acceptable price.
They deserve your respect.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was a Navy guy. I also spent a lot of energy disrespecting the Marines. Especially when they were cooking my omelets..but then I grew up.
Marines do the jobs nobody else wants to do and they do it knowing their deaths are an acceptable price.
They deserve your respect.
Well, duh. Didn't they train sailors to have a sense of humor?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. Yinz got it made out of all the armed services.
Every branch woukd come to my shop and we’d always spark up a conversation and every time they’d all say “yea we made a mistake” lol

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, duh. Didn't they train sailors to have a sense of humor?
I was issued one. But I lost it in fort Lauderdale during spring break 86...not sure if it was during the chug contest or the cannonball competition

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyle has Nabers mocked to AZ....but in a gut wrenching way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
there is a worst case scenario thats like that:

QBs go 1 and 2

Harrison goes #3

and..

the perception of the remaining QBs -- likely Maye and McCarthy -- are such that someone like Minnesota is willing to spend a first round pick on them, but not more than that in order to move up.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a worst case scenario thats like that:

QBs go 1 and 2

Harrison goes #3

and..

the perception of the remaining QBs -- likely Maye and McCarthy -- are such that someone like Minnesota is willing to spend a first round pick on them, but not more than that in order to move up.
I’m completely content with this scenario. Grab Odunze and never look back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Us Air Force guys laugh at all of you :)
I've been around the Air Force enough that I'm glad I didn't join the Air Force.

The lack of discipline compared to the Army and Marine Corps is startling. I have enjoyed actually being in the military, not a quasi military corporation, which is what the Air Force is like.

When I deployed with Airmen working with us, they told me they hadn't fired their rifle since basic.

And the supposed services being better isn't really all that true. Literally the worst medical services I've encountered in my 19 years has been Air Force medical at LA Air Force base.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyle has Nabers mocked to AZ....but in a gut wrenching way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The Bears can make that trade and I'd be pleased as punch to walk away with Nabers (though I'd rather take Odunze and I think the Cardinals will too) and more picks.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears can make that trade and I'd be pleased as punch to walk away with Nabers (though I'd rather take Odunze and I think the Cardinals will too) and more picks.
If the Bears make that trade it will go against so much of what the Bears have done in recent history imo

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Luck plays a big part, but if we lose MHJ, as he's picked before us and we want to get one of the Top Three WR's, don't think we can go further back than to #6 (Giants). Giants had two seconds and sent one to Carolina for Burns. I'm sure that the Giants would love to get Daniels. Of course we ALL assume that our first pick will be a WR, but if it's not (OT?), then we can go further back, with greater compensation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard