Some Mock Draft Observations

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this is close to my view.

It's Harrison and if not, I'm considering all of those options because I like those players and they fill true premium positions.

But there could be a scenario where a QB is available and a true king's ransom is available from a team like Atlanta who believes they are a QB away.

If the Cardinals are offered a package like three first round picks, and two second round picks, they absolutely have to consider it, especially if Marvin is gone. Imagine moving down to eight and picking someone like Dallas Turner or Nabers and then knowing the team will have two first round picks in 2025 and 2026.

Great thought... until Chicago trades Fields to Atlanta. ;)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another scenario: Williams and Maye are picked in the top two slots, and New England is on the clock. They call the Cardinals and say they have an offer from the Chargers at #5, who want to trade up for MHJ, and they know they can still get their desired QB at #5. What are the Cardinals willing to give up to stay ahead of the Chargers and trade up to #3 for MHJ?

Belichick has gone fishing.

NE is going QB!

(IMO)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My point is kind of the same as taking MHJ...Alt is a true blue chip player. Last year's draft didn't have any of you listened to some evaluators. Anderson might be one, but that was debatable last year.

I agree with the overall view that adding one blue chip player is more important than adding three red chips. The only way I'm moving off #4 is if it's an absolute steal of a trade because this draft has significantly better players than last year's draft.

It's 'ALT' on this board, but outside I read more often 'Olu Fashanu' associated with the CARDS pick at #4.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My point is kind of the same as taking MHJ...Alt is a true blue chip player. Last year's draft didn't have any of you listened to some evaluators. Anderson might be one, but that was debatable last year.

I agree with the overall view that adding one blue chip player is more important than adding three red chips. The only way I'm moving off #4 is if it's an absolute steal of a trade because this draft has significantly better players than last year's draft.
Yeah, you have to believe that Alt is SIGNIFICANTLY better than what is available at 8 to justify passing on that haul. I'm not sure I'm there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are we sure that everyone knows that Monti and Sears really want Harrison, Jr. It's the fan base that want him.

The funny thing is that no one in the front office outside of area scouts has done any work on these guys. Monti has probably seen about as much of MHJ as we have, and likely much less. On any of these guys.

Pro football personnel people are laser-focused on the now much of the time. Coaches know almost nothing about league-wide storylines or teams outside of ones they just played in the past few weeks or will play in the week ahead. They're full-time job is digging in and working with the team; they do it for 60, 80 hours a week. They don't take Saturday off to watch OSU play Rutgers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to believe that Alt is SIGNIFICANTLY better than what is available at 8 to justify passing on that haul. I'm not sure I'm there.
I am, and most scouts would tell you that he is.

Outside of the QBs, the three best players are MHJ, Alt, and Fashanu. Alt just screams franchise building block.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I am, and most scouts would tell you that he is.

Outside of the QBs, the three best players are MHJ, Alt, and Fashanu. Alt just screams franchise building block.
So maybe instead of 8, you move down 1 or 2 to ensure you get either Alt or Fashanu. If there are 3 guys you like at 4, should have some flexibility, unless you're absolutely convinced that one of Alt/Fashanu is markedly better than the other.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are we sure that everyone knows that Monti and Sears really want Harrison, Jr. It's the fan base that want him.
The Cardinals GM and staff don’t let much information out at all so nobody will really know anything about the draft.
Which is a good thing since SK could not quit talking during his nightly binging sessions

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
phewwww. He said he wont post until after the combine. That reads as Feb 28th per google.

Enjoy the fresh air boys.
Your presence in this thread is a sulfurous fart. Maybe add something of value before tugging on the cape of one of the most valued and respected posters? You might learn something!

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Ime of the opinion that if MHJ is there you take him same with Ozune got to remember PJJ was drafted to be a Left Tackle anyway and you either draft or sign a Right Tackle, Major Heavy impact players dont come up very often besides do we sknow what we Have in Barnes seeing as He was on IR all season?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ime of the opinion that if MHJ is there you take him same with Ozune got to remember PJJ was drafted to be a Left Tackle anyway and you either draft or sign a Right Tackle, Major Heavy impact players dont come up very often besides do we sknow what we Have in Barnes seeing as He was on IR all season?
There is zero indication the PJ was drafted to be our LT...considering we had an average LT in his prime and really needed a RT at the time.
It's both a fantasy and a fallacy from folks who cannot accept that in the modern NFL both tackles block elite pass rushers equally as frequent.
The pay scales clearly show that the actual teams value them the same....so if they pay them the same why in the world would they value them differently in the draft??

I mean, I guess,...before Theismann got cripple all offensive linemen were drafted in the third round....

Why do you think that's no longer true?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belichick has gone fishing.

NE is going QB!

(IMO)
Yeah but (assuming Williams & Maye are off the board at #3) they know they can get their QB at #4 if they trade back with the Cardinals, and almost certainly at #5 if they trade back with the Chargers. Why wouldn't they try to leverage some extra picks out of one or the other, and still get their guy?

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but (assuming Williams & Maye are off the board at #3) they know they can get their QB at #4 if they trade back with the Cardinals, and almost certainly at #5 if they trade back with the Chargers. Why wouldn't they try to leverage some extra picks out of one or the other, and still get their guy?
Because we could trade back to a Qb hungry team if they make that trade and they would lose their Qb.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The funny thing is that no one in the front office outside of area scouts has done any work on these guys. Monti has probably seen about as much of MHJ as we have, and likely much less. On any of these guys.

Pro football personnel people are laser-focused on the now much of the time. Coaches know almost nothing about league-wide storylines or teams outside of ones they just played in the past few weeks or will play in the week ahead. They're full-time job is digging in and working with the team; they do it for 60, 80 hours a week. They don't take Saturday off to watch OSU play Rutgers.
Except Russ Grimm taking halftime of the super bowl off to watch Springsteen.