The Official 2006-2007 I HATE THE LAKERS Thread & Proclamation

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Lakers fan in spite of Kobe.

I was a Lakers fan before Kobe and I'll be a Lakers fan long after Kobe is gone.

:jedi:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Puhleeeze.

Read a court transcript or 20.

Please, even if he didn't rape that girl (and that has never been proven to be false), he is still a scumbag. We're all entitled to our opinion because of that fact.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's done FAAAAR more to deserve the love than he has to deserve the hate.

He is the epitome of everything wrong with basketball. If you weren't a fan of the Lakers then you would know that. The guy is a complete jerk.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers suck... but so do the Sixers (sorry JG)

:thumbup:

Don't I know it. :(

He is the epitome of everything wrong with basketball. If you weren't a fan of the Lakers then you would know that. The guy is a complete jerk.

I agree 100%.

He talked all kinds of trash on Philly and then he wonders why his hometown boos him? C'mon.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadewaway. Hate my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran, a champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please, even if he didn't rape that girl (and that has never been proven to be false), he is still a scumbag. We're all entitled to our opinion because of that fact.

It never is supposed to be proven false, or are you from some other country where they chop your hands off if someone says you stole?

And if he's a scumbag for that incident, I've got some juicy Suns training camp stories when they used to be at NAU about Homewrecker Steve Nash. Is he a dirtball scumbag too?

Newsflash...most of the people in the NBA aren't model moral citizens, sorry.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's also the root cause of Al Queda, Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq invasion.

Epitome of everything wrong in basketball...that is high comedy. There are a ton of players with bad attitudes on court (see, starbury, steve francis) and even more with off court problems (stephen jackson most recently). But no, I guess Kobe is the Darth Vader of the NBA.

Good...continue to feel that way.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It never is supposed to be proven false, or are you from some other country where they chop your hands off if someone says you stole?

And if he's a scumbag for that incident, I've got some juicy Suns training camp stories when they used to be at NAU about Homewrecker Steve Nash. Is he a dirtball scumbag too?

Newsflash...most of the people in the NBA aren't model moral citizens, sorry.
Don't forget Golden Boy KJ. Or is it fine to shower with 14 year olds??

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's also the root cause of Al Queda, Hurricane Katrina and the Iraq invasion.

Epitome of everything wrong in basketball...that is high comedy. There are a ton of players with bad attitudes on court (see, starbury, steve francis) and even more with off court problems (stephen jackson most recently). But no, I guess Kobe is the Darth Vader of the NBA.

Good...continue to feel that way.

He is selfish. He is a bad teammate. He is bad off the court. He expects star treatment. He bad mouths those who are his teammates. To prove a point about being selfish, he will refuse to shoot and thus tank games.

He has no respect for those who have come before him and little for his opponents.

Do not compare him to Starbury, who is a million times the person off the court that KoMe is. Starbury is routinely voted one of the "nice guys" of the NBA by Sporting News Magazine. Starbury has started a shoe company to give poor people decent shoes (at $14 a shoe for a high quality shoe). He hosts inner city charity games, you name it. Even bringing him up shows how much of a Laker microcosm you are living in.

As far as the above, no one has said that but you. Please leave your Faux News style of arguement to P&R.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just glad the Suns didn't sign him because I literally would have stopped watching the team.

Beyond Kobe, I have no axe to grind with the Lakers. They have played a lot of entertaining basketball and have a great history as a franchise.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why would I hate something that has absolutely no significance to the run the title? They might as well be the Sacramento Kings for all I care. Just another Jason Kidd-like Susn team-pretender that no one is afraid of.

seriously - to hate the Lakers means you seem them as a threat - sorry, only Vic The Brick Jacobs and D-dogg and Luc Walton believe that to be the case.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So did Shaq autograph Kobe's championship rings or did Kobe just leave a "thank you" note in his locker?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is selfish. He is a bad teammate. He is bad off the court. He expects star treatment. He bad mouths those who are his teammates. To prove a point about being selfish, he will refuse to shoot and thus tank games.

He has no respect for those who have come before him and little for his opponents.

Do not compare him to Starbury, who is a million times the person off the court that KoMe is. Starbury is routinely voted one of the "nice guys" of the NBA by Sporting News Magazine. Starbury has started a shoe company to give poor people decent shoes (at $14 a shoe for a high quality shoe). He hosts inner city charity games, you name it. Even bringing him up shows how much of a Laker microcosm you are living in.

As far as the above, no one has said that but you. Please leave your Faux News style of arguement to P&R.

Well, thanks for playing. You don't know anything about Kobe except what you read from ESPN. Ask Mark Madsen about Kobe.

And for your failed reading comprehension, the reference to Starbury was regarding ON COURT issues, not off the court. But guess what? Kobe does a tremendous amount of off court charity.

The off-court comparison I gave you was Jackson, not Steph. But since you don't have Kobe hanging out outside strip clubs, getting into fights and shooting a weapon at a car then you had to act like I compared Marbury and Kobe off-court, which I didn't.

You don't know a damn thing about Kobe, the Lakers or the like. Roland Lazenby is a great sports author who writes a lot about the Lakers. I suggest you read his book Mad Game, and any of his recent blogs, or cease putting your two cents in when it comes to Kobe because parroting misguided beliefs and the blather of the media ruins any chance you have at making a point.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did Shaq autograph Kobe's championship rings or did Kobe just leave a "thank you" note in his locker?

Shaq would never have gotten those rings if it weren't for Kobe. Ask a little team called the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich which player consistently tore them apart in the WCFs.

Yet another flawed, but funny argument from the "we hate Kobe without any real reason to" camp.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask Mark Madsen about Kobe.

http://markmadsen.com/blog/PermaLink,guid,49436353-ba49-4d60-8c62-61acc29ea421.aspx

Kobe Bryant never ceases to amaze me. Amost everywhere I go, people ask me what it was like to play with Kobe Bryant. Random people I have never met ask me the question. I thought that now would be a good time to talk about my interactions with Kobe on and off the court. When I first got to LA, I remember meeting Kobe in the training room. Kobe was there with his personal trainer and the first thing I thought in my mind is "Wow, Kobe must really be 6'7"!" You never really know how tall people are until you're next to them. Shaq is definitely 7'1" and Kevin Garnett is definitely taller than 6'11". Kobe is easily 6'7" and it's crazy because I play center in the NBA sometimes and I'm about 6'8" and Kobe can play point guard and he's basically the same height. The first year I was there, I can't tell you how many times I came into the game and Kobe tried to get me a dunk or a wide open layup to help me build some confidence. One time after a tough game at Memphis he invited me to meet up with him and his high school buddy for a steak dinner. Another time he stayed around after a game to meet up with the ten year old daughter of a buddy of mine for an autograph and a photo. Still another time when I was upset about a certain on-court team issue, Kobe took the time to listen to everything I was going through and tried to help the situation. Kobe Bryant went out of his way a lot when I was just figuring out what it was like to play in the NBA.

I felt badly after the game 7 loss that some members of the media tried to criticize Kobe for not shooting enough in the loss to the Suns. It's extra interesting to me, because I watched that game very closely and analyzed the Suns' defensive schemes against Kobe. In the first half it seemed like Suns threw a "soft double team" at Kobe whereas in the second half they trapped Kobe aggresively with two men and forced him to throw the ball out of the double team. I actually thought that Kobe was doing a good job of trying to hit his open teammates but their shots weren't falling. I guess if you are Kobe Bryant and you get 81 points you get criticized for shooting too much and if you only score 20-25 points then people say you are not shooting enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and watching my old teammate Kobe play so well.

Wow, in Mark's blog post there he destroys all your silly little arguments of bad teammate, tanking games by not shooting, blah blah blah.

But I guess we should all take Chris Sanders' word over Mark Madsen's, right? Since Chris and Kobe played together on Championship teams and all.

Give me a break.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
http://markmadsen.com/blog/PermaLink,guid,49436353-ba49-4d60-8c62-61acc29ea421.aspx

Wow, in Mark's blog post there he destroys all your silly little arguments of bad teammate, tanking games by not shooting, blah blah blah.

But I guess we should all take Chris Sanders' word over Mark Madsen's, right? Since Chris and Kobe played together on Championship teams and all.

Give me a break.

These guys are basically robots now. What do you expect him to say? There aren’t too many guys left that actually speak their mind. Shaq might be one of them.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These guys are basically robots now. What do you expect him to say? There aren’t too many guys left that actually speak their mind. Shaq might be one of them.

He can say whatever he wants. He's not even a teammate of Kobe's. I take MadDog's opinion on something NBA and player related a lot higher than I do some fan on a message board.

BTW, too bad Shaq doesn't have much of a mind to speak with when he speaks.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I listen to a LOT of ESPN news and it seems as if these guys are all reading from the same cue card.

What are your thoughts on Kobe tossing out Shaq’s escapades to the press to take some pressure off of him? I think that was not a wise move.