The most logical trade partner involving Kyler is Philadelphia

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Texans are one of the very few teams that would make sense. Green Bay is another. Maybe Seattle. You could probably argue Las Vegas but that is more far fetched.

The problem with giving up a QB like Kyler is that you have to get something more than just draft picks and non-QB players back. You have to either have access to a comparable QB or get a comparable QB back in the deal. Jalen Hurts isn't that. Dak isn't that (imo). And getting 6 picks along with those guys doesn't really help the deal a whole lot either.

Getting Watson (legal issues resolved) probably still requires picks from Houston. It gives Houston a new face who is a Texas legend. It gives the Cardinals a talented young QB in return as well. As close to a win win as you can get.

Rodgers is tricky because of the age. The Cardinals would likely want additional picks because of the amount of years he has left and Green Bay is not big on giving up draft picks.

Same convo with Russ to a degree. This would likely be more of a straight up deal like Watson though.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The cognitive dissonance on this is something to behold.

So your a sports star, a public figure, and your reputation matters because all kinds of money hangs on it in contracts or endorsements.

The sports media are saying you're trying to force a trade by scrubbing your socials and saying how he doesn't deserve it, he hasn't shown enough, he played poorly down the stretch, he was garbage in the playoffs etc etc

Twitter is talking all kind of trash about you and tagging you in so you can see it all.

And through ALL that you just think "Nah, I don't need to say anything because I was just having a socials tidy up".

It defies all logic.

Right. Cognitive dissonance speaks to inconsistent thoughts, beliefs etc., which I don't suffer from and perhaps neither does KM.

It's illogical, IMO, to allow the hoi polloi to dictate your best interests. And if this board is a fair representation of fan views, I can't see why a self-respecting person would cater to those who have called him a fraud, a physical coward, immature, stupid, etc.

That, in your words, defies all logic.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kill me now

We would be a much better team with Smith, Sanders and 3 first round picks. I also think Minshew has done pretty well for himself being a 7th rounder.

He played for some bad Jags teams and didnt embarass himself. Also, the Eagles players MUCH prefered Minshew to Hurts.

We would actually have 4 first round picks at that point. We would have the opportunity to massively upgrade key spots like Edge, OT, CB on cost controlled 5 year deals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would be a much better team with Smith, Sanders and 3 first round picks. I also think Minshew has done pretty well for himself being a 7th rounder.

He played for some bad Jags teams and didnt embarass himself. Also, the Eagles players MUCH prefered Minshew to Hurts.

We would actually have 4 first round picks at that point. We would have the opportunity to massively upgrade key spots like Edge, OT, CB on cost controlled 5 year deals.
Dude, Keim could have 32 first round picks and we’d still be screwed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed I would take Minshew over Hurts in a heartbeat. They're not trading Smith.

I don't want to trade Kyler and I don't see any reason to think that's the plan or that's what he wants, he hasn't said a thing.

It'll play out how it plays out, if Kyler is trying to get traded we'll probably trade him.

Kyler posted stuff at the probowl about bonding with his brothers(other Cards players) so it seems pretty hard to believe he's so pissed at the team he's demanding a trade unless something happened literally while he was at the pro bowl.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously doubt GB is going to trade for Kyler he has not played well in cold weather.

The most logical spots would be anybody in texas, or a team like the Eagles that has good young Wr talent, a good TE, and draft picks.

But again I don't see the point in worrying about it until someone actually says Kyler wants to be traded that isn't just guessing.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys are insane. Really anyone that wants Kyler gone is stupid plain and simple. We had RBs here with all world Talent who we drafted that when we let go or they left went on to dominate at other places. Who In the hell are You going to get that is better? This is so crazy. If we lost Kyler we will digress so much. This reminds me of how crazy this board really is. I remember there were people here calling Starting Warner dumb and so many wanted Lienart. The rationale makes no sense. We struggle and everyone wants to throw the baby out with the bath water. It’s crazy. It will also in my opinion put us back years on why would free agents want to come here ?? You guys would have wanted josh Allen gone because he struggled much worse than Kyler did in his early years. Heck Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning led the league in INTs. Lol. If you trade him you have to get a QB back that can win here. And I surely don’t see that happening. Just lunacy. Kyler is an amazing talent that will get better.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should add, Denver as mentioned before is logical too the problem with Denver is they don't even have a Minshew level young QB to trade. Jeudy makes sense, draft picks make sense, but they don't have a QB to offer us in the deal I want no part of Drew Lock I'd play Colt over him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Ok, no.

1-Minshew is a meme, nothing more. He carries no value in a deal.

2-If you don't get a comparable QB back, you are not trading Kyler. The GM has to make this deal and the GM is not going to make a deal that gets him fired. You could get 10 1st rounders back and the deal would not be worth it. Smith and Sanders as well. And I am considered a Kyler critic.

If you haven't figured out that the only thing that matters in the NFL is having a top 10 QB, I don't know what else to tell you.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Should add, Denver as mentioned before is logical too the problem with Denver is they don't even have a Minshew level young QB to trade. Jeudy makes sense, draft picks make sense, but they don't have a QB to offer us in the deal I want no part of Drew Lock I'd play Colt over him
There are only like 3 or 4 teams who could do a deal for Kyler. Denver, Philly, Dallas are not one of those teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are only like 3 or 4 teams who could do a deal for Kyler. Denver, Philly, Dallas are not one of those teams.

It depends, if he actually is trying to force a trade then we don't have much leverage in trade talks because teams know he wants out. We'd have some of course not trading him, but if he really did wake up after the Pro Bowl and say I want to be traded we are going to have to deal with teams he's willing to play for or he could just retire.

I can't see GB trading for a guy with little history of playing well in cold weather, especially having drafted a QB 1st round not all that long ago.

Tampa Bay has nothing to trade for him. I can't see us even considering the Texans because of Watson's legal issues. I don't want Dak Prescott but Dallas does make sense his home team, he's buddies with Lamb etc. But Dallas is going to have to give me Parsons or Diggs and they're not doing that obviously.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok, no.

1-Minshew is a meme, nothing more. He carries no value in a deal.

2-If you don't get a comparable QB back, you are not trading Kyler. The GM has to make this deal and the GM is not going to make a deal that gets him fired. You could get 10 1st rounders back and the deal would not be worth it. Smith and Sanders as well. And I am considered a Kyler critic.

If you haven't figured out that the only thing that matters in the NFL is having a top 10 QB, I don't know what else to tell you.
Omg. This!!!! This should close the thread. Lol

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Uninformed and uncritical accusations like that is a major problem in this world. :)
Sorry you feel that way. I just dont want a guy who manipulates and takes advantage of women to be the focal point of my favorite team. Call me crazy, but I have a soul.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way. I just dont want a guy who manipulates and takes advantage of women to be the focal point of my favorite team. Call me crazy, but I have a soul.

yeah... i want no part of Watson. there's just wayyyyyyyyyy too much smoke there.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Cardinal draft philosophy would eliminate Watson IMHO. So you have to ask if you could make a deal with Philly what could you get. Murray seems to be somewhat damaged goods. I think 2 firsts and maybe a vet. Not sure I’d take one of their QBs.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Texans are one of the very few teams that would make sense. Green Bay is another. Maybe Seattle. You could probably argue Las Vegas but that is more far fetched.

The problem with giving up a QB like Kyler is that you have to get something more than just draft picks and non-QB players back. You have to either have access to a comparable QB or get a comparable QB back in the deal. Jalen Hurts isn't that. Dak isn't that (imo). And getting 6 picks along with those guys doesn't really help the deal a whole lot either.

Getting Watson (legal issues resolved) probably still requires picks from Houston. It gives Houston a new face who is a Texas legend. It gives the Cardinals a talented young QB in return as well. As close to a win win as you can get.

Rodgers is tricky because of the age. The Cardinals would likely want additional picks because of the amount of years he has left and Green Bay is not big on giving up draft picks.

Same convo with Russ to a degree. This would likely be more of a straight up deal like Watson though.
Folks need to stop bringing up Watson until he is cleared.

Rodgers just went one & done with arguably the most talented team he ever had, even more than the SB team. If he couldn’t get it done in GB, what makes you think he can get it done with a less talented team?

Russ’ faults are almost identical to Kyler’s, except he is older & doesn’t have the LOB to help him out.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I am sure you have a perfectly conscientious and honorable soul. :) My point was that I am not a fan of the People's Court, partly because it often ignores foundational democratic values, and after all, we don't know if Watson is guilty of anything.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler Murray straight up for Deshaun Watson? Just an idea. Murray is a major star in Texas, and you know that Cal McNair would be ecstatic to the idea of showing that he truly care about his organisation.

Obviously, Watson would need to make some sort of proof of innocence.

I doubt Houston would be willing to do a straight up trade. The Cards should offer Kyler + one 1st round pick for Watson.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It depends, if he actually is trying to force a trade then we don't have much leverage in trade talks because teams know he wants out. We'd have some of course not trading him, but if he really did wake up after the Pro Bowl and say I want to be traded we are going to have to deal with teams he's willing to play for or he could just retire.

I can't see GB trading for a guy with little history of playing well in cold weather, especially having drafted a QB 1st round not all that long ago.

Tampa Bay has nothing to trade for him. I can't see us even considering the Texans because of Watson's legal issues. I don't want Dak Prescott but Dallas does make sense his home team, he's buddies with Lamb etc. But Dallas is going to have to give me Parsons or Diggs and they're not doing that obviously.
The leverage is fine because he is not going to sit out with multiple years.

If he balls out next year, you are paying him so nothing hurt.

If he is mediocre you have the option year and two franchise tags to see more or you can expand your list of teams.

If he is horrible, everyone is fired and it doesn't really matter.