The Biggest Loser (of Cardinals training camp)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, I'm happy to see he's going to get the work.

I felt one of our biggest problems with Mason Cole was that we immediately planted him on the bench and never gave him a chance to improve after starting his entire rookie year.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Not only could Josh Jones not beat them out, he couldn't beat them out when he got every first team rep at RG...and neither Winter nor Murray played a single snap. Those average at best guys did not have to even play a snap in two preseason games to win the starting spot, Josh Jones went out and lost it. Ugh. Another 3rd round pick by Keim flushed down the drain on a guy who can't beat out journeymen NFL players. What a bummer.
Don't worry Chopper...we all have moments like these. ;)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was putting this into a couple different threads and I can't stop thinking about it so I will just make a thread about it.

Joshua Jones was the biggest disappointment of training camp. He lost. He went from competing for the starting RG spot to now being the primary backup at RT. Kelvin Beachum is signed for one more year after this one and it is for cheap. Jones isn't beating him out as he wasn't even deemed good enough to compete with Beachum for the RT spot this year. I am sure I will get a lot of "it's too early" or other nonsense, but those folks are sticking their heads in the sand. Joshua Jones was competing against "not good enough" for the Bills Brian Winters and Justin Murray. Neither are considered good players and Justin Murray is under contract for next year as well.

Not only could Josh Jones not beat them out, he couldn't beat them out when he got every first team rep at RG...and neither Winter nor Murray played a single snap. Those average at best guys did not have to even play a snap in two preseason games to win the starting spot, Josh Jones went out and lost it. Ugh. Another 3rd round pick by Keim flushed down the drain on a guy who can't beat out journeymen NFL players. What a bummer.

Seems that this "whine" didn't age well. ;)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was actually perplexed that Jones WASN'T the starter after everything we've seen and heard in the preseason.

Justin Murray has been way too inconsistent to just be handed the job, and Jones has a much higher ceiling.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
It’s starting to look like he’s not very good. Maybe COVID year held him back.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
pretty much ASFN

He sucks he sucks he sucks

oh man I’m so happy to eat crow.

wash rinse repeat
Much better than someone who can't admit when they're wrong. Myself, Cheese, and countless others have happily eaten crow when our dark prognostications have, on the rare occasion, been proven wrong. Problem is, the "light brigade" only ever continues to blow sunshine and argue and ignore when they're shown to be wrong, far more often.

I mean, look at this franchise and the state of it. Being a darksider is just healthy mental health self-care lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Much better than someone who can't admit when they're wrong. Myself, Cheese, and countless others have happily eaten crow when our dark prognostications have, on the rare occasion, been proven wrong. Problem is, the "light brigade" only ever continues to blow sunshine and argue and ignore when they're shown to be wrong, far more often.

I mean, look at this franchise and the state of it. Being a darksider is just healthy mental health self-care lol

I think everyone can admit when they are wrong outside of a very few the problem comes when guys flat out cheerlead to be right. It’s almost like you’d rather be right and lose than be wrong and win.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
pretty much ASFN

He sucks he sucks he sucks

oh man I’m so happy to eat crow.

wash rinse repeat

Not just ASFN. This is a problem with society at large. Say everything sucks, denigrate everything, complain about every decision and if proven wrong either hope everyone forgot or shrug and say "best to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed".

The constant complaining and negativity are draining. Few strive to achieve anything anymore, just complain about others trying.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Can you tell me any time you have been positive about a draft pick, FA signing etc?

Any time you said "I love this guy he's going to be great". For a guy with 27000 posts I'd imagine there should be loads but I'm leaning towards barely any right? Seems your natural position is to doubt everything at length and hope to be surprised.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not just ASFN. This is a problem with society at large. Say everything sucks, denigrate everything, complain about every decision and if proven wrong either hope everyone forgot or shrug and say "best to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed".

The constant complaining and negativity are draining. Few strive to achieve anything anymore, just complain about others trying.

Ronnie Cheing has a good stand up routine and being a kid in China and hearing how great America was and how highly they talk about it over there and then you get to America and all Americans do is complain about how much America and everything in it sucks

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ronnie Cheing has a good stand up routine and being a kid in China and hearing how great America was and how highly they talk about it over there and then you get to America and all Americans do is complain about how much America and everything in it sucks

We live in the most comfortable, privileged, easy period of human existence. Go back just 100 years and everyone's lives are unconceivably harder than now in every single way.

We have about 100x more leisure time and all people do is complain how everything sucks on SM.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can you tell me any time you have been positive about a draft pick, FA signing etc?

Any time you said "I love this guy he's going to be great". For a guy with 27000 posts I'd imagine there should be loads but I'm leaning towards barely any right? Seems your natural position is to doubt everything at length and hope to be surprised.
Lol Okay, newcomer. First one that comes to mind is when I was cheer leading Keim--literally proclaiming he had balls of solid rock--when we got Rosen. I loved the pick; one time I really wished I'd been right. But, okay, you also have a really short memory, because I've been all about the Hudson trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think everyone can admit when they are wrong outside of a very few the problem comes when guys flat out cheerlead to be right. It’s almost like you’d rather be right and lose than be wrong and win.
This has literally never been proven to be in the slightest bit accurate. But when you’re constantly beaten on ASFN for your perspective can you blame a poster for coming back and showing the attack dogs they’re right? The good news is that most deemed “darksiders” don’t do the “told you so” much.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol Okay, newcomer. First one that comes to mind is when I was cheer leading Keim--literally proclaiming he had balls of solid rock--when we got Rosen. I loved the pick; one time I really wished I'd been right. But, okay, you also have a really short memory, because I've been all about the Hudson trade.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good attack on your fandom, stout.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard