The Biggest Loser (of Cardinals training camp)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You keep rolling out his pro bowls as proof of what play we should expect out of him this year. Even if it’s not pro bowl expectations I’m trying to explain that my perspective is pro bowls three years ago just don’t hold as much water to me compared to the actual prior three years of injuries and mediocrity. That’s it. End of statement. Seems reasonable.

Nobody has rolled out pro bowls as examples of what to expect. Simply as highlights of his peak ability as a counter argument to "he had a bad 2020 so that's all he is now".

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Let it die. Ouchie and I don't expect much out of Green and didn't want him as our #2; you and others did want him and do expect #2 receiver-level numbers. End of.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nobody has rolled out pro bowls as examples of what to expect. Simply as highlights of his peak ability as a counter argument to "he had a bad 2020 so that's all he is now".
But again, sorta like Alford, he hasn't shown it in three years. Even if he'd been perfectly healthy and productive for the past three years, it's very valid to start to have concern over guys that are 32, because there's a statistically proven cliff that happens to a lot of players at this age. Add in injury and a poor year while his counterparts put up very solid numbers, it's enough to make one think.

And I'm relatively an AJ Green supporter.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AJ Green is a dumb signing until proven otherwise.

There. Boom.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like living in the "show me" world. Kind of how I am approaching this season. We are an average NFL team until we prove otherwise.

that’s good and that’s exactly where I fall, but that’s not what has happened. Got to let it play out 1 year isn’t enough to tell.

It hasn’t been let’s wait and see how this plays out from you with this Jones stuff it’s been screaming he sucks and dancing on his grave before he’s been buried that annoys people.

everybody sees themselves different

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like living in the "show me" world. Kind of how I am approaching this season. We are an average NFL team until we prove otherwise.

There's "I'll believe it when I see it" and then there's "I'm going to say this is terrible repeatedly".

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Reaction score

You guys are Missouri. The show me state. You need to see it to believe it. Not me. In my world we have the best team in the NFL until you show me were aren't. I know in reality were are not but I choose to feel that way going into the season & we'll always have a chance of going to the SB regardless. :)

I have fun watching the Cards play either way. I go into each game believing we are going to win or at least have a chance to win. I just have a hard time being pessimistic about anything. Just my nature. Fwiw I think both of you are great stand up guys & have a lot of respect for both. You have to prove me otherwise to feel otherwise. ;)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You guys are Missouri. The show me state. You need to see it to believe it. Not me. In my world we have the best team in the NFL until you show me were aren't. I know in reality were are not but I choose to feel that way going into the season & we'll always have a chance of going to the SB regardless. :)

I have fun watching the Cards play either way. I go into each game believing we are going to win or at least have a chance to win. I just have a hard time being pessimistic about anything. Just my nature. Fwiw I think both of you are great stand up guys & have a lot of respect for both. You have to prove me otherwise to feel otherwise. ;)
Good for you sir!!
It’s a tough world to be an optimist in... even tougher when you’re a Cardinals fan so I applaud your resolve/effort/ability to keep to the positive side.
I bounce... I’m a pretty strict realist most often but at times I let myself drift into “ what if”
What if Chan Jones bounces back? What if a change in scenery totally revitalizes AJ Green and JJ Watt? What if keim struck gold three years in a row in the first round with Kyler, Collins, and Simmons? What if he did it again with that fourth round corner? What if Rondale Moore is Steve Smith 2.0?
If those what if’s come to pass.... we’re talking dynasty... Kyler and Rondale on offense with Simmons and Collins leading the defense has us set for the next ten years...

it’s fun to go into every game that way... because honestly if you can’t?? Why watch?

just like week 1 for example.... Titans are a really good team.... but their two biggest weaknesses are their secondary and the right side of their offensive line.... it plays right into our strengths in passing game and pass rush....
With any competent coaching at all we will make their right side block watt and Jones both.... and Kyler will be looking downfield for Moore and green several times a series... considering the Titans star RBI’s is notorious for slow starts we should be able to force tannehill to beat us while under heavy pressure.... by halftime he should be having flashbacks of Miami

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As in almost all things, what you did 4 years ago is virtually immaterial if there are intervening 3 years to examine.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that’s good and that’s exactly where I fall, but that’s not what has happened. Got to let it play out 1 year isn’t enough to tell.

It hasn’t been let’s wait and see how this plays out from you with this Jones stuff it’s been screaming he sucks and dancing on his grave before he’s been buried that annoys people.

everybody sees themselves different
I mean, it’s his opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it annoys you, put him on ignore. It works.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As in almost all things, what you did 4 years ago is virtually immaterial if there are intervening 3 years to examine.

There aren't 3 years. There's 1 year.

There's 7 consecutive pro bowls. Then 9 games where he had 750 yards and an 85 PFF grade before getting injured. Almost certainly would have been an 8th pro bowl.

Then injured in pre season and missed '19.

Then a poor' 20 with a rookie QB and his first games under Zac Taylor.

So we have 8 good years, 1 non existant year and 1 bad year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

There's 7 consecutive pro bowls. Then 9 games where he had 750 yards and an 85 PFF grade before getting injured. Almost certainly would have been an 8th pro bowl.

Lol at you ignoring a 30+ year olds two injury marred seasons. Sorry, I just can’t continue this discussion with you if you refuse to acknowledge the more pertinent facts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol at you ignoring a 30+ year olds two injury marred seasons. Sorry, I just can’t continue this discussion with you if you refuse to acknowledge the more pertinent facts.

I guess Chandler is gonna suck this year then

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess Chandler is gonna suck this year then

Why? Has Chandler missed 31 of his last 64 games with injuries while also being 33 years old, like Green has? No. He’s coming off one year where he got injured, is two years younger than Green, and still at the end of his prime. So, it’s more likely that he gets back to where he was because last year was the exception to his career as opposed to an aging 33 year old WR who has missed major time with injuries in 3 of the last 5 years and in his last healthy season, had the worst year of his career, as his body gets older and he gets further away from his prime.

also, there is reason to have a little worry with Chandler. He did next to nothing last year and is at the tail end of his prime. A return to form isn’t a given. But compared to Green, I believe it’s more likely due to age and lack of continual injury issues.

pretty sure you know all this.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? Has Chandler missed 31 of his last 64 games with injuries while also being 33 years old, like Green has? No. He’s coming off one year where he got injured, is two years younger than Green, and still at the end of his prime. So, it’s more likely that he gets back to where he was because last year was the exception to his career as opposed to an aging 33 year old WR who has missed major time with injuries in 3 of the last 5 years and in his last healthy season, had the worst year of his career, as his body gets older and he gets further away from his prime.

pretty sure you know all this.

Neither has Green. He's missed 24 of a possible 64.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was sucking last year before injury.
I was wondering about that. Perhaps he had partially torn it, maybe even the previous season, and was playing tentatively. Now it's popped, repaired, and rehabbed.

We'll never really know for sure.

What we will start to know soon, is if he sucks in the here and now. It's a contract year for him, so he definitely has that as an added motivator.

His play last year was a major concern, and so I'm glad Keim did the right thing for once and didn't re-sign a guy a year too early. Hopefully, he plays lights out, but no way in hell will I predict he will with any certainty.