The Biggest Loser (of Cardinals training camp)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither has Green. He's missed 24 of a possible 64.

ah... you’re right. Looking at the years on football reference, one year isn’t even listed because he didn’t play a down. So, he’s missed 31 games of the last 80 in his last 5 seasons. Still no where close to chandler who’s missed 12 of his last 80 with ALL of those coming in one year and is still two years younger.

and even if we’re just looking at the last four seasons, he’s still missed DOUBLE the amount of games Jones has, while again being two years older.

either way, their injuries, availability and play ON THE FIELD aren’t comparable during the previous three seasons.

but you know that already. And if you don’t, I don’t know what to tell you.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a very weird assertion given that the origins of this board date back to AZProSports, which was around in the 90s, and some of the posters came from CardsCorner on AOL before that. Maybe it didn't date all the back to 1990, but you're splitting hairs by a few years, and that's just our own community.
Anybody remember rec.sport.football.pro.az-cardinals and even rec.sport.football.pro.phoe-cardinals? Usenet groups go back to the early 1980s and while there was no web GUI, the threaded conversation topics were VERY much like those of a modern message board.

...dave

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yer new so let me mansplain it for ya.
Most of us have been on this board over twenty years... then over on the cards board for ten years before that.... many, like myself have been following this team since they moved to AZ in 1988.
Many more have been following this team since the seventies... sixties... fifties... nineteen ******* forties... a long ass time.
Imagine if you can pouring your heart into a team for 30....40....50....60 years...60years!! And through it all the team management consistently makes poor decisions... bad draft picks... ****** contracts that hampered the team in free agency... coupled with some of the damndest rotten luck anyone’s ever seen... I mean no **** we once lost a player to injury on the bye...
Imagine an entire life filled with heartbreak and disappointment because the team you love is poorly run and snakebit....
That’s what it is to be an ASFN cards fan.... slowly watching your friends die off without getting to see their team win a championship.
The ill will and negativity are earned... expecting this teams moves to fail is a conditioned response designed to protect the self from disappointment.
Personally I move back and forth between darksider and rose colored glasses...
But I guarantee you this.... there is not a single darksider on this board who doesn’t hope they are miserably wrong... who doesn’t want to be proven wrong over and over...
But 30,40,50,60 years of loving this team has proven that expecting the worst is the safe bet
Well said Oaken

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody remember rec.sport.football.pro.az-cardinals and even rec.sport.football.pro.phoe-cardinals? Usenet groups go back to the early 1980s and while there was no web GUI, the threaded conversation topics were VERY much like those of a modern message board.

...dave

There's a UCLA basketball board that has many members I first "met" on usenet. I actually have a bunch of friends, mostly email they live outside of California mostly, that all became friends via Usenet.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My first reason for bumping this thread is that we have a 3rd round pick who cant get on the field

Then I remember he seemed to do well against the Rams that first game right? Was he the difference?

Either way its frustrating that he's not a clear starter in year 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first reason for bumping this thread is that we have a 3rd round pick who cant get on the field

Then I remember he seemed to do well against the Rams that first game right? Was he the difference?

Either way he's another guy that we were counting on and apparently cant count on.
Who? Man... I legit can’t remember who our third round pick was this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave