Cardinals Training Camp - Episode 23 - A New Hope

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With most of the offseason behind us and Training camp coming into to view it's time to talk what to expect from the 2023 Cardinals. Obviously Wins will be in short supply in 2023. However winning has never been what 2023 was about the minute Kliff and Keim were fired. In the offseason we saw this "Card House" strpped down to the studs. This was no simple "Retool". It was a purge.

As usual I plan on attending a training camp practice or two this year. So what am I looking for as the Cardinals start training camp in 2023? Here is what I'm excited and hoping to see:

* This may sound silly but I'm excited to see a QB under center again.

* The first time I see a QB take the snap and execute a play action pass I might get teary eyed.

* Watching camp cupcake last year was very concerning for me. Half the team barely practiced if they practiced at all. I'm hoping to see every player on this team practicing like their job is on the line. A true culture change!

* I want to see a physical team. I want to hear some pad popping and players getting hyped over it. No more "Pretty Boy Football"!

* As always I'm excited to see what is happening at WR. How does Hollywood look after returning from injury? Who will be the second WR? Rondale? Pascal? Does Michael Wilson continue to impress?

* Will Kyler be out there throwing balls around? I know he won't be ready to run but will he be flicking balls to his receivers during the passing drills? Not even sure if that is possible at this point in his recovery.

* What does the defense look like? How are they lining up? Who is lining up where?

What are you all looking forward to seeing at Cards Camp 2023?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler can work on the field at all if he starts on the PUP list (which is what I expect).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@MadCardDisease

I agree with your overall sentiment here. Whether we like it or not, Monti Ossenfort came in and said, "This is a multi-year rebuild." The QB might be in place, but he needs to be evaluated in an actual NFL offense. So what do you do if you want to evaluate your QB? You protect him, which is why the Cardinals valued OT this year.

I want to see how the young guys like Michael Wilson do. During a rebuild, that's what I get the most excited about. I also hope to see some of the second year players like Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders play well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm interested to see where Michael Bidwill is during the Red-White Scrimmage (I probably won't go, but someone find out).

Last time I was there he was on the sideline with Governor Doug Ducey, DHop, and promising young rookie WR Rondale Moore.

If Monti is doing his job he'll keep him away from the sideline altogether during work time.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As usual I plan on attending a training camp practice or two this year. So what am I looking for as the Cardinals start training camp in 2023? Here is what I'm excited and hoping to see:

* This may sound silly but I'm excited to see a QB under center again.

* The first time I see a QB take the snap and execute a play action pass I might get teary eyed.

* Watching camp cupcake last year was very concerning for me. Half the team barely practiced if they practiced at all. I'm hoping to see every player on this team practicing like their job is on the line. A true culture change!

* I want to see a physical team. I want to hear some pad popping and players getting hyped over it. No more "Pretty Boy Football"!

* What does the defense look like? How are they lining up? Who is lining up where?
I agree with all these

A change in culture and attitude will be important

I'm still excited to watch this team even knowing they will be bad

I look forward to all off-season

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Kyler can work on the field at all if he starts on the PUP list (which is what I expect).
If he is on the PUP list, then he can't practice but can do team activities.

Since that's the case, you have to weigh the option of either putting him on the list or, keeping him on the active roster but losing his roster spot I guess?

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is on the PUP list, then he can't practice but can do team activities.

Since that's the case, you have to weigh the option of either putting him on the list or, keeping him on the active roster but losing his roster spot I guess?
If he is on the PUP list during the start of training camp he counts towards the 90 man roster I think

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The bright spot about the pup list, starting last year, they lowered the missed games to 4, from 6.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would also like to see more physicality from the Arizona Cardinals as a team. I feel like that comes from instilling a competitive atmosphere.

Some players I am interested in seeing how they acclimate to the change.

Rondale Moore (seemed like a Kliff type player and not sure how that fits in with Petzing)
Greg Dortch (there have been rumors that Keim kept him down the depth chart)
Marquise Hayes (a more physical offense may suit his style of play even more)
DJ Humphries (a more traditional offense may help him be even better)
Cam Thomas (feel like his best position is that of a traditional DE)
Zaven Collins (getting him out of the middle of the defense should help Collins play faster)
Isaiah Simmons (Curious to see how Rallis decides to use him even if I don't expect a ton)

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see where Michael Bidwill is during the Red-White Scrimmage (I probably won't go, but someone find out).

Last time I was there he was on the sideline with Governor Doug Ducey, DHop, and promising young rookie WR Rondale Moore.

If Monti is doing his job he'll keep him away from the sideline altogether during work time.

Yes and to add to this I don't want to see another Bromance grow between Monti and Bidwill. Monti should not be Michaels best friend. Also Bidwill needs to step away from the team operations more. He doesn't need to be watching film with the coaches and such.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were talking about this on Cards underground. Once the season starts, if Kyler is still on PUP, he can be activated after four weeks and have up to four more weeks of practice before he has to be elevated to the active roster or placed on IR.
Yep. It is why I think Kyler comes back after 4 weeks, if he is close to being physically ready Week 1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson