The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think we need another star to replace Paul. Maybe Ayton can become that, but I'm not sure yet.

This would be a bad time for me to say again you should have kept Melton. I know he wasn't this good then and he's NOT a star but I've always loved the guy and he'd be so good for the Suns now instead of Payne. Right now I wish you had kept him he's killing the Warriors 10 points 3 assists 2 steals and a block in 12 minutes

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This would be a bad time for me to say again you should have kept Melton. I know he wasn't this good then and he's NOT a star but I've always loved the guy and he'd be so good for the Suns now instead of Payne. Right now I wish you had kept him he's killing the Warriors 10 points 3 assists 2 steals and a block in 12 minutes
Agreed, I said the same thing when I heard they were getting rid of him. Pretty sure that was Sarver cheapness.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’ll definitely need a 1b after Paul retires to maintain title contending status. But we’ll have the resume to attract one at that point… at least, better than we’ve ever had before.
But will we be able get one for the poo poo plater we will have to trade to get them?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there ever only one good young core?

You have an MVP candidate in Booker, one of the best defensive players in Bridges, you have a top-three to top-five Center in Ayton. You also have one of the best bench players in Cam J. I really don't know how much better a young core can get.
It really depends on Ayton. I believe we sign him but I know a lot of people think otherwise. I just can't see us benefitting from letting him go. Even if maxing him brings it's own risks, it's our only good option IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I said the same thing when I heard they were getting rid of him. Pretty sure that was Sarver cheapness.
I forget the particulars but I'm pretty sure we were never going to be able to keep him, it wasn't on Sarver or anyone.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really depends on Ayton. I believe we sign him but I know a lot of people think otherwise. I just can't see us benefitting from letting him go. Even if maxing him brings it's own risks, it's our only good option IMO.
100% we are signing him.

Not totally sure about Cam Johnson though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys… if we have a core of Book/Ayton/Bridges and prob Cam Johnson, we’re going to be of those young and talented teams for years to come. That’s a pretty damn good core that will follow this title contending core.

The Suns have a good core no doubt, but if the Suns had drafted well in 2020, they would have had a great chance to be elite for many years to come.

They will likely not be drafting early again anytime soon.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Warriors are playing like they forfeited. Enjoy Mike Brown, Sacramento. They need to pull all starters from the game immediately and not bring them back at all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But will we be able get one for the poo poo plater we will have to trade to get them?
Depends. In player empowerment era maybe someone forces their way to us for Cam (or prob Bridges for a real star) and multiple 1st rounders.

Yes, it would have been PERFECT had we drafted Halliburton or not given up on Stix yet, but we still have a great young core to rebuild with post CP3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are playing like they forfeited. Enjoy Mike Brown, Sacramento. They need to pull all starters from the game immediately and not bring them back at all.
This series is definitely making me fear you guys less.

Especially if we get to play a couple games against Brown as their coach.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends. In player empowerment era maybe someone forces their way to us for Cam (or prob Bridges for a real star) and multiple 1st rounders.

Yes, it would have been PERFECT had we drafted Halliburton or not given up on Stix yet, but we still have a great young core to rebuild with post CP3
Honestly I would rather go out in the second round than trade Bridges.

He's untouchable to me, the perfect team player

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not really caring about this game and frankly I'd leave Draymond in make him deal with what he wrought. I am worried about Porter, he's been so huge in this series if he's hurt losing him will be huge in this series and if they get to the next round would be huge too. he has a history of leg and back issues that tend to last

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I would rather go out in the second round than trade Bridges.
I love Bridges, but down the road if we’re looking for a Barkley-esque trade to make us a big time title contender, Bridges is the likely Horny-esque piece to make a trade like that happen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really caring about this game and frankly I'd leave Draymond in make him deal with what he wrought. I am worried about Porter, he's been so huge in this series if he's hurt losing him will be huge in this series and if they get to the next round would be huge too. he has a history of leg and back issues that tend to last
What happened to Porter?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got nothing to do with Brown they're playing the same system they just didn't come to play tonight and Memphis is showing Draymond they're not who he said they were.

Ja is starting to get Wally Pipped, it's so obvious how much better they are on defense the coach now has lots of film to show him if you guard even half as well as jones does imagine how good this team would be

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard