Do Suns blow it up?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude most of this board thought Durant would make us better as did most of the NBA. Couldn’t resist yourself again to start crap? Typical of you. It’s getting boring man. LOL.

Big surprise, an edit where you change the majority of what you said. Grow up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of us didn't think it improved us, especially at the price paid and have been vocal about that well before the trade happened.
Well some of you also thought the last team was going to win a title with a few tweaks too So there is that. Go back to the original thread. If you are going to be a tool I will just put you on ignore again.

I changed it because I decided not to be like you. You started crap and telling me to grow up. HILARIOUS

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well some of you also thought the last team was going to win a title with a few tweaks too So there is that. Go back to the original thread. If you are going to be a tool I will just put you on ignore again.

I changed it because I decided not to be like you. You started crap and telling me to grow up. HILARIOUS

Pointing out how inconsistent you're being, like saying trades should only be done to improve the team and how the KD trade didn't do that, is now "starting crap"? Excuse me for holding you to your own words. You're the one who immediately told me to kill myself, basically, with your " take a long walk off a short pier" and then tried backpedaling and editing that instead of not saying it initially. Now you resort to more name calling but of course, I'm the one "starting crap" right? Going to edit where you call me a tool also to claim to be the good guy?

I love your timeline of events BTW, tell me to kill myself and I tell you to grow up and I started crap by saying that, since I expected you to act like an adult.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pointing out how inconsistent you're being, like saying trades should only be done to improve the team and how the KD trade didn't do that, is now "starting crap"? Excuse me for holding you to your own words. You're the one who immediately told me to kill myself, basically, with your " take a long walk off a short pier" and then tried backpedaling and editing that instead of not saying it initially. Now you resort to more name calling but of course, I'm the one "starting crap" right? Going to edit where you call me a tool also to claim to be the good guy?
Talk about inconsistent. Like you have been some sort of savant when it comes to the Suns. Lot’s of people felt the Suns were getting better with Durant but I am so in your head you talked crap to me?!?

Hilarious dude. Also, Piers don’t have water underneath them?!?!? Evidently, you don’t know what sayings are that use metaphors either. It’s a metaphor for telling someone to go away not “kill the themselves”.LOL

So not only do you like to start crap you are really dramatic too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talk about inconsistent. Like you have been some sort of savant when it comes to the Suns. Lot’s of people felt the Suns were getting better with Durant but I am so in your head you talked crap to me?!?

Never claimed to be a "savant" or anything close to that. I'll take improving the team that went to the finals over scrapping 60% of the rotation for 1 guy who has never won a thing on his own and he 35+ years old. According to you the KD deal was a stroke of genius and made us contenders, how has that worked out BTW? So which of us has been more correct? Does it really bother you that much that it's not you? Say what you want about whoever sharing your opinion, I didn't and that's what this has been about, me and you having differing opinions. Rather than admitting that though you continue to act like an immature troll whenever the issue of the KD trade comes up because you were wrong and it seems to bring out the worst in you to be reminded of that. You can't just own it, you need to throw others under the bus "well others supported it to" and I'm talking to you now, not others, so I ask, are these others in the room with us right now? Because I don't see them and it's only been you who so staunchly defends the move as if the team was going to be disbanded or something if they didn't make that trade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never claimed to be a "savant" or anything close to that. I'll take improving the team that went to the finals over scrapping 60% of the rotation for 1 guy who has never won a thing on his own and he 35+ years old. According to you the KD deal was a stroke of genius and made us contenders, how has that worked out BTW? So which of us has been more correct? Does it really bother you that much that it's not you? Say what you want about whoever sharing your opinion, I didn't and that's what this has been about, me and you having differing opinions. Rather than admitting that though you continue to act like an immature troll whenever the issue of the KD trade comes up because you were wrong and it seems to bring out the worst in you to be reminded of that. You can't just own it, you need to throw others under the bus "well others supported it to" and I'm talking to you now, not others, so I ask, are these others in the room with us right now? Because I don't see them and it's only been you who so staunchly defends the move as if the team was going to be disbanded or something if they didn't make that trade.
“According to you the KD deal was a stroke of genius”

There you go straight up lying AGAIN to try and make a point. You constantly make up crap that nobody said. For a refresher I said the KD trade could be a disaster. I said it would end up being a mistake. I said I wasn’t going to fault the organization for trying something even if it doesn’t work out. I repeated that multiple times.

YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP.

There was no reason to single me out or act like I was the only one thinking the trade could work. Yet here we are.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My logic is what moves make us better

Really? So you didn't just say this....

My logic is what moves make us better. If Durant ends up being your only move and you just tweak the bench we suck even worse. What I am saying is that if trading Durant leads to other moves great. If not? It's completely pointless.

That's what started this. The KD trade didn't make us better. Getting out from under him won't be easy and we'll need to take a step back to be able to step forward. That's what this whole conversation has been about. But you thought the KD trade made us better and justified it by making us more competitive than a team a year removed from the NBA Finals and Western Conference champs. What is better than that other than NBA champs? Where is the banner from the KD trade? I don't see it. Since you only make trades to improve though we should have one, right?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? So you didn't just say this....

That's what started this. The KD trade didn't make us better. Getting out from under him won't be easy and we'll need to take a step back to be able to step forward. That's what this whole conversation has been about. But you thought the KD trade made us better and justified it by making us more competitive than a team a year removed from the NBA Finals and Western Conference champs. What is better than that other than NBA champs? Where is the banner from the KD trade? I don't see it. Since you only make trades to improve though we should have one, right?
No your lack of comprehension and your need to butt in started it. You trying to call me out when you didn’t understand the post started it.

What I was referring to is making a single move in trading just Durant. That doesn’t make us better. Sorry, you didn’t understand that post. So, did I say it? Yes. The point I was making is that if you are going to make moves it can’t be just trading Durant. Some of us believe Book cannot be the best player on this team and you win a title.

Instead of starting crap. Why don’t you ask a question if you need clarification?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. It should happen. But it won’t. They’ll do a Hail Mary pass with a new coach next year, but Book/KD are the 2024 version of the Melo/Iverson Nuggets.

Also rans to their very core.
This is exactly what I think happens. They fire Vogel. Hire a new coach, hope that coaching was the main issue. Durant is going to be a year older and slower and we will only be able to make more minimum player moves.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to blame it all on Vogel, but the Suns never did have enough talent to contend for a championship this season. All one has to do is look at the bench.

This is mostly on the GM and ownership or whoever made the personnel decisions.

Still, another head coach could have gotten more out of the team, so Vogel needs to go. The same with James Jones.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covert & Hoop, the new Chap & Cheese show!
Nope. Life it too short for that crap and it’s not fair to rest of the forum. He just earned a spot on my ignore list….AGAIN. I tried to take him off but he just started crap again so back he goes.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say blow it up. I was on board with the KD trade but it was a mistake. I think had we not made those trades for KD and Beal.. we would have been a better team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I say blow it up. I was on board with the KD trade but it was a mistake. I think had we not made those trades for KD and Beal.. we would have been a better team.
We certainly would’ve been different. Don’t know if we would’ve won 49 games, as odd as that might be. But I’d certainly be more optimistic about our future.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t hold JJ responsible for the KD thing but it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. There’s no reason for him to be part of this franchise going forward. The Jalen Smith pick was a fireable offense whether they had Halliburton’s medicals or not.
Lol i definitely agree with jalen smith pick firable offense. Thats not even hindsight 20/20, suns needed a PG that year in the worst way and the best one slipped to them

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be arguing about trades to make the team better. Blowing it up means having draft picks and rekindling the future

Love durant but move him to warriors for kaminga, cp3, and a un unprotected pick and see what happens

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were the Suns owner, I'd put together a top-notch G-League franchise and supply the team with the top coaches and scouts available.

There is no easy fix.