The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

Bledsoe had his repaired and IIRC the 6-8 weeks is to return to basketball activity rather than returning to play in actual games. Zion is young and that should help him return a little quicker but the Pelicans are said to be taking this injury seriously and won't rush him back. If he's given a 6-8 week return estimate now, I would think it'll be closer to 8-9 weeks until he's actually playing in games because it'll take him 7-10 days to get back in the swing of things and ready to see real playing time.

2. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Seriously, these contracts are bonkers. Jaylen Brown seems like just... a guy. He isn't bad, he isn't particularly good. A middling quality talent who doesn't hurt you anywhere. It's a nice thing to have but I would think it should be worth about half of what Brown got. I cannot imagine he'd sniff that money on the open market.

Russ Smith likes this.
  3. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Bledsoe is a tank for his position but Zion is a different animal in terms of sheer force. For a young guy he’s put a lot of pressure on his legs from throwing down insane dunks since middle school. That’s a lot of hard landings over the years. Idk only time will tell.

4. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Zion better be watching what he is eating while he is out. With how rapidly he gained weight the last few years he could see his muscles turn into tub pretty quick if he isn't able to work out.

Russ Smith likes this.
  5. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

Good news for us is that he'll miss the game here, which is also the only nationally televised game of the year for the Suns. The game is November 21st. If you bought tickets though then I guess it's not good news, since I imagine seeing Zion was part of the reason you would buy tickets.

6. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

This guy explains this pretty well and also breaks down some of the risk factors for Zion outside of simply his athleticism mixed with his size.

BC867 and Ronin like this.
  7. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Andrew Lopez
    @_Andrew_Lopez

·
    2m

David Griffin tells us Zion is an elite athlete and in elite condition. Says weight wasn’t an issue in the injury.

Says Zion never had swelling the knee and wasn’t experiencing much pain. Still not sure when it happened.

8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Steve Kerr says Klay Thompson could miss all season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ompson-likely-miss-season-recovering-torn-acl

9. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Smart.
    Don’t rush Thompson back.

Mainstreet likes this.
  10. Mainstreet

Grizzlies will not pick up 4th year option on Josh Jackson.

11. Ronin

Ronin Registered

[​IMG]

Tim Bontemps
    @TimBontemps

·
    8m

The Pistons announced Blake Griffin will not travel to Indiana while continuing a treatment and conditioning regimen for left hamstring and posterior knee soreness. He will be re-evaluated for a return to action the first week of November.

12. Mainstreet

13. Proximo

Proximo Registered

yeah I saw this video today, I never really paid attention to the way he walks, but that ain’t right. Really made me question if he will be able to stay healthy.

14. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Just as you posted, the analysis explained why the injury happened and the risk factors.

A lot better than my posting about the weight Zion carries on those knees and ankles.

I especially took note of the 100 lb. weight gain. He hasn't had the time for his legs to
    bear the weight of it, if they could at all.

And how he simply walks like an old man, his body swaying from side to side as he puts
    weight on each leg. It was mentioned that he might have flat feet -- no natural arches.

I was born 2 months premature with no arches, and I know how weary that makes it to be
    on your feet, let alone as an athlete. For 78 years, I've never swayed like Zion when I walk.

It is a shame. The NBA was counting on him to be their #1 attraction as LeBron's
    dominance wears down.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

The Lakers bench compared to the Clipps bench looks enormous right now. Major advantage Clipps and George isn’t back for 2 weeks.

Russ Smith likes this.