OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cavs blow out Knicks.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Knicks president Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry addressing media after blowout loss to Cavs. Mills: "We aren't happy where we are. This is not where we expected to be...(Jim Dolan) still believes in the plan that we put together." Knicks have lost 8 of 10 games.

7:08 PM - 10 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mills and Perry answered questions for several minutes after embarrassing 108-87 loss to Cavs -- prior to David Fizdale news conference. Essentially, management suggested effort and execution should be better, that team is built for more success than it has experienced so far.

7:18 PM - 10 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fizdale: "I live in that sense of urgency. I don't need anyone to speak to give me a sense of urgency. I'm not cruising through this thing acting like I've got a bunch of time to get a team together."

7:25 PM - 10 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Fizdale wanted to go to New York. Not a lot of talent there after the departure of Porzingis.

Maybe a place to trade for a power forward.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am thrilled with Monty, but I don't think Monty could coach up that mess in New York. That roster blows.
Maybe, but do you think the Suns look the way they have with Fizdale either? The Knicks play certainly isn’t exceeding its talent level and that is generally a sign of a well coached team.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Why do people-just randomly insert hyphens-in between any two words-that they feel like? They're getting as bad as apostrophe's.

Yes, I know; that was part of the joke.
Remember when we first learned how to type, by using two-finger hunt & peck?

Ultimately we were so proud when our eight fingers flew all over the keyboard.

Now, our society's texting is back to two-finger hunt and peck.

We've come a long way!

P.S.: I trust I used the hyphens and apostrophe correctly. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Watching the Mavs/Celtics game and Porzingis has looked SO bad. He had three possessions with Smart guarding him in the post and managed two near airballs on turnaround jumpers and one offensive foul.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has KAT always been able to handle the ball like this? I'd love to see Ayton add something similar. For a 7 footer to do this is just sick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Has KAT always been able to handle the ball like this? I'd love to see Ayton add something similar. For a 7 footer to do this is just sick.

KAT grew up as a PG I believe (same for AD). Their ability to handle the ball like that isn’t really something they developed in the league, but maybe have refined their skills at this level.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Knicks expect Fizdale to produce results this season, they might as well fire him and let him go to a new team. Someone needs to tell the Knicks front office they don't have the talent. They don't even have a proven point guard.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on the Cavs with Kyrie, the Celtics before, with and after Kyrie, and now the Nets. . .

I am convinced that Kyrie Irving is fools gold.

The Celtics were a better team before Kyrie, and now they are a better team with Kemba instead of Kyrie.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon Hayward will reportedly miss six weeks after surgery on his left hand.

Tim Bontemps‏Verified account @TimBontemps

The Celtics announce Gordon Hayward will miss six weeks after undergoing successful surgery today to repair a fourth metacarpal fracture in his left hand.

5:04 PM - 11 Nov 2019

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watching the Mavs/Celtics game and Porzingis has looked SO bad. He had three possessions with Smart guarding him in the post and managed two near airballs on turnaround jumpers and one offensive foul.
Why in the world is Heinsohn still "calling" games? He sounds like a drunk grandpa yelling at the TV during somewhat lucid moments.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
If the Knicks expect Fizdale to produce results this season, they might as well fire him and let him go to a new team. Someone needs to tell the Knicks front office they don't have the talent. They don't even have a proven point guard.
I'm feeling pretty good about my under bet on the Knicks season win total. Marcus Morris and the Knicks deserve each other.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Why in the world is Heinsohn still "calling" games? He sounds like a drunk grandpa yelling at the TV during somewhat lucid moments.
For many years, I saved a Celtics broadcast of the Suns @ Celtics where Amare knocked out some of Paul Pierce's teeth and Heinsohn went absolutely bonkers for the majority of the game and it was such a laugh. I wish I still had it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty good about my under bet on the Knicks season win total. Marcus Morris and the Knicks deserve each other.

I think your good. :wink2:

It's a shame the Knicks lost Porzingis because he was about the only star they could hang their hat on.

Now the front office is putting pressure on Fizdale but it's them that put the Knicks in the situation to begin with.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like De’Aaron Fox will miss the Suns game with the Kings on November 19th. They do have a capable point guard in Cory Joseph.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Kings rising star De’Aaron Fox will miss approximately 3-to-4 weeks with a sprained left ankle.

5:21 PM - 11 Nov 2019

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Didn’t he win the skills competition one year?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shame about Hayward, when healthy that dude is a top ten player.

I thought the prognostication for time missed would be worse. Wonder if he ever wishes he had stayed with the Jazz. He played so well there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson