Territorial Cup 2015

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to the game of course. But, this is maybe the least fired up I've ever been for a Territorial Cup game. What a disappointing season it has been for both programs.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its game day people. Wake your arses up!

I am hoping to catch the game today, but the schedule is a bit up in the air today.

Go Sun Devils!

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Well, Tucson's A is now painted gold. :shrug:

Says who? I live a mile from Sentinel Peak. Drove by it at 11pm last night returning from my band's rehearsal and it was certainly NOT gold then and it was not any shade other than white at 6:40am this morning. Since I live right next door I drove up this morning on my way out to get groceries...white...and definitely not fresh paint.

Someone lied to you. :D

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Soloman, I like the Devils chances ever better now.

AZ 27
ASU 38

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Solomon, no Scooby and no Turituri, no chance for the Cats. I have not seen so many injuries in one season to so many key players, really sucks. Maybe ASU will take the UofA lightly now but I doubt it. Oh well, let's hope it's a clean game and no dirty plays by either team.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Says who? I live a mile from Sentinel Peak. Drove by it at 11pm last night returning from my band's rehearsal and it was certainly NOT gold then and it was not any shade other than white at 6:40am this morning. Since I live right next door I drove up this morning on my way out to get groceries...white...and definitely not fresh paint.

Someone lied to you. :D

If you Google, "Tuscon A Mountain painted Gold", several articles come up confirming it and describing that it did indeed happen when viewed on the Google list. But the articles have now been taken down.

Pranksters siding with ASU paint the 'A' gold
Tucson News Now‎ - 18 hours ago
Pranksters siding with the Arizona Sun Devils painted the 'A' on A Mountain in Tucson gold sometime Thursday night or Friday morning.
Pranksters siding with ASU paint the 'A' gold - CBS 5
KPHO‎ - 18 hours ago

So perhaps it got done, but has since been repainted white again.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
If you Google, "Tuscon A Mountain painted Gold", several articles come up confirming it and describing that it did indeed happen when viewed on the Google list. But the articles have now been taken down.

So perhaps it got done, but has since been repainted white again.

Like I said...I was 3 feet from it at 9am today...it was NOT fresh paint. Old, cracked, worn in spots.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said...I was 3 feet from it at 9am today...it was NOT fresh paint. Old, cracked, worn in spots.

Well, let me help you with the math. 18 hours ago... Hmm. Seems like that must have been sometime yesterday, right?

I know this is bad news. Coming right after 33 U of A students voted to give the University of Arizona back in Mexico, falling for a massive ASU prank that even your esteemed journalism students fell for and published in the Daily Wildcat. Great video here if you want to watch the whole thing. :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess so. Unless the paint somehow ages many months inside a day...

The story was pulled for a reason

Like photos much?

You must be registered for see images

http://us.geosnews.com/p/us/az/mari...ters-siding-with-asu-paint-the-a-gold_1982694

Pranksters siding with ASU paint the 'A' gold
Image source: CBS5AZ.com - link
Pranksters siding with the Arizona Sun Devils painted the 'A' on A Mountain in Tucson gold sometime Thursday night or Friday morning. The act is part of the rivalry between Arizona and Arizona State for their annual football matchup.

Read the full article here: CBS5AZ.com

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize the game started already. Fox Sports 1

ASU strips Randall and has the ball with field position.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Norvell is running more passing plays than runs. Great. :sarcasm: Two unsuccessful drives now. 2 passes on the first drive, 4 on this one, no first downs

What the hell are they thinking here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Norvell is running more passing plays than runs. Great. :sarcasm: Two unsuccessful drives now. 2 passes on the first drive, 4 on this one, no first downs

What the hell are they thinking here.

So the Sun Devils want to pass the ball and go for 4th and 3 yards at midfield?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pass by Berco and catch to Lucien setting up TD. It didn't come easy.