Post 49ers Overreaction Thread

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
At least we can't blame any one play or series for this loss - or player - aside from the first drive it was suckage across the board

I get they want McBride to be the main course but I don't think they understand the main aspect as he was the only course

I don't care if Purdy has the knights of the round circle protecting him and the freakin avengers recepting him - he was the better quarterback and maybe not just for this game - poised tough accurate and on time - put some respect on his name

I tried to spare you my thoughts on our defense but alas - safety first my ass this secondary is no class - I don't know if there is a condition that forces people to only tell the truth but if there is - those people are less open the the 49er wide receivers were

Only thing the 49ers didn't do is run the ball down our throats - but that's only because McCaffrey is banged up and they didn't have to

If we're supposed to be seeing something positive while losing I need to go update my prescription

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So glad we punted on the entire season so going into next year, we’re going to be in the exact same position we were going into this year.
Ya I’m not sure what to think at this point… on one side you could simply say it’s a complete rebuild, and we will have more young talent just by product of having a ton of draft capital. On the other side of the coin, but you can say we learned nothing and have nothing to build on because the roster is so incomplete it’s tough to evaluate anything. I’m not happy with what I’m seeing from Kyler, but I’m not sure how much I can expect based on whats on the roster. The WR room is @$$, the Oline is @$$, Kyler’s accuracy is @$$, the playcalling is @$$.

No clue what to think

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ya I’m not sure what to think at this point… on one side you could simply say it’s a complete rebuild, and we will have more young talent just by product of having a ton of draft capital. On the other side of the coin, but you can say we learned nothing and have nothing to build on because the roster is so incomplete it’s tough to evaluate anything. I’m not happy with what I’m seeing from Kyler, but I’m not sure how much I can expect based on whats on the roster. The WR room is @$$, the Oline is @$$, Kyler’s accuracy is @$$, the playcalling is @$$.

No clue what to think
Yeah. It's meh for me. This team remains a weird dumpster fire that seems to never extinguish. As I get older, I'm learning to to be a fan during playoffs. No playoffs. No worries. Lol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No clue what to think
All of that is totally fair. This was supposed to be an “evaluation” year, but I don’t know how you can evaluate anything when the cupboard is so bare…. and seemingly purposefully so.

And after 14 games, what do we know? Shocker… the team needs a TON more talent. It wasn’t rocket science to know that that was the case going into THIS season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All of that is totally fair. This was supposed to be an “evaluation” year, but I don’t know how you can evaluate anything when the cupboard is so bare…. and seemingly purposefully so.

And after 14 games, what do we know? Shocker… the team needs a TON more talent. It wasn’t rocket science to know that that was the case going into THIS season.

This looks a multi decade rebuild

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Losing sucks sure whatever but it’s just hard to get upset when I knew what to expect this season. Only thing I was worried about was going winless for a while. Getting MHJR would be a successful season(to me)

Seems like @GatorAZ, @TheCardFan, & me the only ones that haven’t gotten furious at all lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a wild comment
They’ve been able to run the ball relatively consistently no matter if it’s Dobbs or Kyler under center. And today they consistently gave Kyler time to throw. Might not have done so in the other games, but on a long list of problems, they are amongst the least horrible that needs dealt with.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing sucks sure whatever but it’s just hard to get upset when I knew what to expect this season. Only thing I was worried about was going winless for a while. Getting MHJR would be a successful season(to me)

Seems like @GatorAZ, @TheCardFan, & me the only ones that haven’t gotten furious at all lol
And what are you going to do if we go Galaxy brain and agai trade away the 3rd pick for a “haul” of other non-difference makers like we did this season?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They’ve been able to run the ball relatively consistently no matter if it’s Dobbs or Kyler under center. And today they consistently gave Kyler time to throw. Might not have done so in the other games, but on a long list of problems, they are amongst the least horrible that needs dealt with.
And why Murray performance is troubling today. Run game was there, protection good to a large extent was there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The plan was to be bad and they’re executing perfectly. Can’t complain to this point unless they reel off two more wins. A lot of cap space and draft picks this off-season.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OL is fine. Probably the best unit on the team.
I started to chuckle, then pondered this for a few seconds, and wound up agreeing. Of course it's a very low bar, but the OL is serviceable. Right now. They proved it today - ran roughshod over a stout D that was giving up 83 yards on the ground per game before today.

I think some of us are overthinking the current situation. I like the regime that's been brought in, despite Gannon being their 3rd choice. I like the staff he's put together. I like Ossenfort so far. Clearly, the players have bought in - they go out and fight hard every week. The problem is that the talent cupboard is bare. Today was a painful confirmation that Kyler Murray can't carry Brock Purdy's jockstrap. Worst WR group in the league. Buncha no-names on D outside of Bubba. Yet these guys play relatively disciplined, and ball out every week. They just need some legit talent to take a big leap forward IMHO. If they can hit on some picks in the '24 draft, they'll be instantly competitive. As long as Bidwill doesn't screw this up somehow, I think the future is bright. That's a big potential gotcha of course, but I choose to be optimistic at this point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Buncha no-names on D outside of Bubba. Yet these guys play relatively disciplined, and ball out every week
Wait… how many points did we give up today?

The OL rising to the level of being adequate and Kyler getting the Fear of God put in him are maybe this season’s only accomplishments.