Territorial Cup 2015

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This should be another great game. Let's get this puppy started!

I have seen UofA play a few times this year and have been very impressed with their team speed and they are coming off a huge win against Utah. Our secondary will have its hands full all day long.

And our secondary was banged up before the Washington game, even more banged up now obviously with Simone out. I think Graham will be his usual coy self about injuries all week, but I think things are worse than he is letting on. I expect that 3/4 of our starting DB's will not be in the starting line up. And Fiso and Moeakiola are banged up as well which doesn't bode well.

Of course, UofA is pretty banged up as well.

I am expecting ASU to try to play keep away and grind with the running game all day. They should have success. The problem is that UofA's offense should have a lot of success as well from what I have seen, especially if Solomon plays.

This is a toss up and I think the team that has the ball last wins.

ASU 42
UofA 37

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If Tod Graham has his senses fully in tact, he will sit Norvell down and not let him leave the room until he professes his FULL agreement with this plan: RUN BALLAGE AND RICHARD until they can't stand anymore!!!!

UofA's defense is the worst in the Pac-12 and one of the worst in the entire country. They can't stop the run - at all!
Berco should have no more than 15-18 pass attempts in this game!!!

IF Graham is able to convince Norvell of this strategy, this game won't be close... I could see a 35-7 type score.
However, if Norvell continues to try to jam square pegs in rounds holes, continues to behave like he is some mad scientist and has all of these great solutions... well, all bets are off.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Tod Graham has his senses fully in tact, he will sit Norvell down and not let him leave the room until he professes his FULL agreement with this plan: RUN BALLAGE AND RICHARD until they can't stand anymore!!!!

UofA's defense is the worst in the Pac-12 and one of the worst in the entire country. They can't stop the run - at all!
Berco should have no more than 15-18 pass attempts in this game!!!

IF Graham is able to convince Norvell of this strategy, this game won't be close... I could see a 35-7 type score.
However, if Norvell continues to try to jam square pegs in rounds holes, continues to behave like he is some mad scientist and has all of these great solutions... well, all bets are off.

Generally agree, but what about our defensive holes and Graham rolling the dice so much and getting burned? I think U of A will put up quite a few points if Solomon starts. They are pretty tough on O if their skill guys get the ball in space, which I expect they will

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Generally agree, but what about our defensive holes and Graham rolling the dice so much and getting burned? I think U of A will put up quite a few points if Solomon starts. They are pretty tough on O if their skill guys get the ball in space, which I expect they will

If we run the ball down their throats like were supposed to (please Norvell - get a clue!!!), UofA will have very limited time of possession. When they do have the ball, I think we'll be able to get consistent pressure on Anu and I have faith (maybe it's blind...), that our front 7 can stop their run game.
So, maybe they put up 14 or 17 points... But I don't think it should be much more than that, IF, we do the right thing on offense!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This should be another great game. Let's get this puppy started!

I have seen UofA play a few times this year and have been very impressed with their team speed and they are coming off a huge win against Utah. Our secondary will have its hands full all day long.

And our secondary was banged up before the Washington game, even more banged up now obviously with Simone out. I think Graham will be his usual coy self about injuries all week, but I think things are worse than he is letting on. I expect that 3/4 of our starting DB's will not be in the starting line up. And Fiso and Moeakiola are banged up as well which doesn't bode well.

Of course, UofA is pretty banged up as well.

I am expecting ASU to try to play keep away and grind with the running game all day. They should have success. The problem is that UofA's offense should have a lot of success as well from what I have seen, especially if Solomon plays.

This is a toss up and I think the team that has the ball last wins.

ASU 42
UofA 37

Understatement of the century.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Side note to game, a lot of important recruits visiting, notably Byron Murphy from Saguaro. Buddies Chase Lucas & N'Keal Harry should also be there, so hopefully they along with a strong showing will be enough to swing Murphy ASU's way.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
But not too banged up to beat #10 Utah, right?
Ha, beating "number 10" Utah was like you guys beating "number 7" UCLA. Both those teams are above average at best not top 10 teams.

If Solomon can't play can't see any scenario where UA wins. ASU has a good run D but a horrible pass D. Considering Randall can't throw at all going to be tough sledding since the defense won't allow less than 30 points to anyone even Mike 'Heisman' Bercovici

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it pains me to say it but this is a terrible matchup for Arizona. Their rag tag linebackers bounce off running backs, they cannot tackle anyone and ASU has some runners that are tough to bring down. I don't see a scenario where ASU scores less than 35, probably more as long as they stick to pounding the run.

If Solomon plays I expect it will be a shootout, but one that ASU will win because of dominating the clock, something like 41-31, if Solomon does NOT play then ASU should cruise, 41-10 or something like that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game looks like a toss-up to me. Neither team can play much defense.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Anu is going to play and Randall can't throw for a lick. ASU should load up the front and dare Randall to throw. Also, Wilson has a bad knee and if he does play, who knows how long he will play. He was able to play half the game last week. I don't know how the Cats are going to stop ASU, the defense is decimated and was not that great before all the injuries. Don't even know who will start at linebacker. This is the first time going into this rivalry that i don't think the UofA has a chance since the 2003 game. I predict ASU wins 45-20.

TJ

Reaction score
Wilson is surprisingly not on the injury report, but that dude is battling about 100 different injuries.

Anu is questionable, but hasnt been getting first-team reps in practice. That should tell you the chances he has to play.

Unless Randall can complete some throws early to soften up the blitz, this game could get ugly fast.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kinda funny, or lame, how there is no trash talking this year. Both teams are beat up, having seasons below expectations, and no one feels strongly enough to launch any tirades.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kinda funny, or lame, how there is no trash talking this year. Both teams are beat up, having seasons below expectations, and no one feels strongly enough to launch any tirades.

The Cardinals with good reason have pretty much taken over the state's sports interest right now. The local college programs (UA Basketball only in Tucson being the exception) are a very, very distant second fiddle. I mean personally I could care less about the game whereas my calendar has been marked for being home for SNF all week.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score

Deflating season for both teams for obvious reasons. It's as if we're all just waiting to hit the reset button and go into 2016 with a clean slate.

Also, the timing of the game is awful. Before Thanksgiving? ASU has a game after this one? The entire routine has been thrown off.

I wont be able to watch much, if any, of the game either, so my level of investment is minimal.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deflating season for both teams for obvious reasons. It's as if we're all just waiting to hit the reset button and go into 2016 with a clean slate.

Also, the timing of the game is awful. Before Thanksgiving? ASU has a game after this one? The entire routine has been thrown off.

I wont be able to watch much, if any, of the game either, so my level of investment is minimal.

OK, please stop agreeing with me. Can you at least throw a few insults out at our team? ITS RIVALRY WEEK!

:D

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah

You must be registered for see images attach

:biglaugh:

Its funny, I checked out one of the Wildcat football forum websites and they were all like "F ASU" this and "F ASU" that. Made me feel a little better. ;)

But this year has been a humbling experience for both teams.

Also, I went to the ASU Washington game last week, and it helped me realize, sure these football players are "grown men" in a sense, but looking at them, you can see at the same time they are still just kids in a lot of ways. I have one son in college, and one going off next year. So I really don't care for these guys getting ripped on so much, especially in such a personal way like we often see on these boards, even by their own fans.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give 'em hell FA!!

If UofA only scores 7, I will be amazed.

Our starting secondary is going to be incredibly green, they are bound to make some mistakes.

If Anu were playing, I'd agree, but our backup QB can't pass.

I'd be more amazed if ASU only scores 20. The only teams Arizona held to under 20 this year were the Big Sky Lumberjacks and the winless Beavers, they've given up 30 or more EIGHT times this season, and the defense coming into this weekend is a thinned out version of those previously banged up, crappy defenses.

They can't tackle anyone. Prepare to be amazed as Arizona repeatedly has guys in the right spot only to see them slide off ball carriers like butter on a hot knife.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Anu were playing, I'd agree, but our backup QB can't pass.

I'd be more amazed if ASU only scores 20. The only teams Arizona held to under 20 this year were the Big Sky Lumberjacks and the winless Beavers, they've given up 30 or more EIGHT times this season, and the defense coming into this weekend is a thinned out version of those previously banged up, crappy defenses.

They can't tackle anyone. Prepare to be amazed as Arizona repeatedly has guys in the right spot only to see them slide off ball carriers like butter on a hot knife.

That was a nice game winning touchdown pass in overtime against Utah.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort