Post 49ers Overreaction Thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a CB, multiple DL players, EDGE players, multiple WRs and OL depth. I would rather use draft picks on all of those positions vs a RB in 2024.
I would much rather use a RD4 pick on a RB than an EDGE & DL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also can't have Conner getting 16-18 carries per game.
Conner and this crew of running backs have us ranked 8th in the league in rushing. Why we’d want to add another RB who gives us the exact same thing as Conner for 5 million that could be used elsewhere is really making my brain hurt, especially from someone who makes football sense a good deal of the time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Would argue that’s a much better decision than wasting on a passed-his-prime guy that offers nothing in the passing game. Immediate red flags would come out if Monti even made such a move because that would tell me he’s not much different than Keim.
Disagree. Keim offered those players multi year deals with dead money. The issue was less the player and more the contract. We can disagree. Not sure how many other spots on the roster you are getting a production upgrade for 5 mil. A'Shawn Robinson got 5 mil and plays 43% of snaps. He has zero sacks on the season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Conner and this crew of running backs have us ranked 8th in the league in rushing. Why we’d want to add another RB who gives us the exact same thing as Conner for 5 million that could be used elsewhere is really making my brain hurt, especially from someone who makes football sense a good deal of the time.
I mean...Brandon Graham got 5 mil. A'Shawn Robinson. Steven Nelson. DJ Chark.

That is what 5 mil gets you at EDGE, DT, CB, and WR. My argument is that 5 mil goes a lot further when spending on a RB than these other positions. You can actually get a productive player.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree. Keim offered those players multi year deals with dead money. The issue was less the player and more the contract. We can disagree. Not sure how many other spots on the roster you are getting a production upgrade for 5 mil. A'Shawn Robinson got 5 mil and plays 43% of snaps. He has zero sacks on the season.
The issue was offering them period. That’s the main issue.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean...Brandon Graham got 5 mil. A'Shawn Robinson. Steven Nelson. DJ Chark.

That is what 5 mil gets you at EDGE, DT, CB, and WR. My argument is that 5 mil goes a lot further when spending on a RB than these other positions. You can actually get a productive player.
My argument is that 5 million PLUS whatever else is needed to get you some kind of impact player makes more sense than doubling up on golden oldies at RB when we already have the 8th best rushing attack on football.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My argument is that 5 million PLUS whatever else is needed to get you some kind of impact player makes more sense than doubling up on golden oldies at RB when we already have the 8th best rushing attack on football.
Maybe. I don't believe we will be in the market for multiple 10 mil players in FA. Maybe we get an EDGE and DT, but I think two is tops. From there, it is trying to identify players who are a meaningful upgrade over what you already have. Maybe Brandon Graham is a meaningful upgrade over Zaven Collins but I feel we saw that with Suggs. DJ Chark over Pascal?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I don't believe we will be in the market for multiple 10 mil players in FA. Maybe we get an EDGE and DT, but I think two is tops. From there, it is trying to identify players who are a meaningful upgrade over what you already have. Maybe Brandon Graham is a meaningful upgrade over Zaven Collins but I feel we saw that with Suggs. DJ Chark over Pascal?
Chopper... you'd be an improvement over Pascal.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stacking 29, soon to be 30 year old Running Backs, neither of which will play special teams doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
I feel like Choppers point is more about Henry giving us a better chance at moving the football, than our current QB/WR combination. Its not that he wants Henry, its that we suck so bad, its a better option. And while I 100% disagree with the tact of bringing in a Henry type player for the same reasons DVontel does, I see the point.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
My hawt take is Kyler Murray will never win a playoff game in a Cardinals uniform.
It will be a miracle if he does. The Mouse isn't worth the $2.7 per game he is being paid,,,,$2M overpaid which could be spent for other player positions.
Some here think that is justified instead of Bidwill making it. Unlike old man Bidwill, the younger Bidwill wants to see a good product put on the
field to keep the seats full.

Attachments

• MURRAY N POCKET 2 SMALL.jpg
    MURRAY N POCKET 2 SMALL.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 3

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What has the 8th best rushing attack brought us? Empty calories adding 80 yards in a game were down by three scores.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What is lame is depending on Demercado, Carter and some day 3 draft pick to carry your offense if Conner goes down
Weren't you the one saying Rondale could fill the role and we didn't need a credible second back earlier in the year?

Reactions: PJ1

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes. And I am very hesitant spending 15+ on a WR that Kyler can't get on the same page with...again. Kyler has had chemistry with exactly 1 WR in his entire Arizona career. Why will it be different now?
So you’re saying Kyler has had one Diva to play with his whole career? I agree with that

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Weren't you the one saying Rondale could fill the role and we didn't need a credible second back earlier in the year?
Both things can be true. Rondale Moore can fill the role of a credible change-of-pace and third-down back, and we could still need a credible second back who can carry the load for a few games when something happens to James Conner to sideline him for five games.

@Chopper0080 is on the right track, I think, that RB is a category where you can get a lot of value for a little money. I don't know why he'd want to come here for that much, but if King Henry wanted to come here for the same $5 million cash salary that Conner is making, you're probably better off doing that than investing big in a WR room that Kyler won't throw to.

Would you rather have Hollywood Brown for $14 million or Derrick Henry for $5 million?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Both things can be true. Rondale Moore can fill the role of a credible change-of-pace and third-down back, and we could still need a credible second back who can carry the load for a few games when something happens to James Conner to sideline him for five games.
Ha, so then both cannot be true! Rondale simply is not an appropriate 2nd back for a violent runner like Conner. He's a trick play gadget guy you run a play for a couple times a game. That's not an appropriate 2nd back for Conner.
Would you rather have Hollywood Brown for $14 million or Derrick Henry for $5 million?
Good question! That seems like a fair rate for both players. Probably Henry, but I bet he makes more on a 1 year type deal from someone than 5M.

Hollywood has done nothing this year to indicate he should make more than 10M per year, so I guess gun to my head I'd rather have Henry. That said, I think (hope?) there will be better options for the team out there.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We at some point have to acknowledge that we played the best team in the NFL on Sunday and it showed. We had no business being on the field with them. What passes for fair to middling football becomes abysmal when there is that great a talent gap. (Houston game vs this game) That being said, I'm not absolving Gannon or his motley crew of blame. We were woefully unprepared to play. You think you may want to keep an eye on 23 at all times? Grade school children would have told you as much. Don't get me started on the offensive play calling. Bottom line is I was drinking the kool aid before the game and deluded myself into thinking we'd ball out for our "Super Bowl". Stupid Phillycard. I have 3 more weeks of "joy" of seeing my team on television, after that I'm mentally tapped out until the draft. I'm just tired man.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention the pro bowl corner who made a great play on the ball and since McBride seemed to be the only useful weapon he guess right and jumped the route. Yes the pass was a hair late but still just a great play by the D imo…
Facts. Ward is pretty damn good. That is all I have to say.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
le sigh Some people will absolve Kyler of anything. If Kyler is playing like a competent QB, this play never happens. End of. This is what happens when you hesitate, stutter in the pocket, are slow at making reads, cannot throw with rhythm, etc.
It's getting tougher and tougher to ride the K1 bandwagon Stout. I've been a Murray dude since day 1 and I cannot just erase what he did for my football enjoyment just a few short years ago when winning was a habit with this team. But the facts are that we don't have time to blindly give him another pass next year because the league doesn't move that way. Furthermore, I don't trust this front office to markedly improve this roster enough to lift him up. I never believed Gannon when he said at the start of the season that Kyler was his guy, and I think even less of that declaration now. I think he wants his own guy in there and that's fair. He and M.O. better get it right though.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be a miracle if he does. The Mouse isn't worth the $2.7 per game he is being paid,,,,$2M overpaid which could be spent for other player positions.
Some here think that is justified instead of Bidwill making it. Unlike old man Bidwill, the younger Bidwill wants to see a good product put on the
field to keep the seats full.
Moronic takes like this is garbage you see on Facebook!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not to mention the pro bowl corner who made a great play on the ball and since McBride seemed to be the only useful weapon he guess right and jumped the route. Yes the pass was a hair late but still just a great play by the D imo…
Pro bowl corner with his first pick 6. It wasn't even his dude. He just sat back and watched Kyler. The ball was thrown so late he plenty of time to get there.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Chopper0080 is on the right track, I think, that RB is a category where you can get a lot of value for a little money. I don't know why he'd want to come here for that much, but if King Henry wanted to come here for the same $5 million cash salary that Conner is making, you're probably better off doing that than investing big in a WR room that Kyler won't throw to.

Neither. There is no kicking the can down the road for a Wr. We either draft MHJ or sign a free agent…and we’d STILL need another one.