Territorial Cup 2015

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's good that Berco has found a go-to receiver in Lucien.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just going to say I hate that pass to the flat when the Wildcats jump it and take it the other way for a TD.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UofA bringing in Dawkins at QB. I do not know much about him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dawkins playing well at QB leading Wildcats to a FG. It could have well been a TD. The Sun Devils dodge a bullet.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Norvell and Graham completely got away from the run game thus far in the 2nd half and the result - a one possession game...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, this Dawkins is impressive in a lot of ways

Brandon Dawkins looks to be a fine young QB. Also I believe Soloman will be coming back at QB so the UofA will be loaded next season. Nice for the Sun Devils to get the win.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Man, this Dawkins is impressive in a lot of ways

He's pretty good.

We werent winning this game given how decimated our roster was; however, if I fault RichRod for one thing this game (season?), it's not understanding Randall's limitations. Instead, he should've spent more time developing Dawkins and making him the #2 guy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's pretty good.

We werent winning this game given how decimated our roster was; however, if I fault RichRod for one thing this game (season?), it's not understanding Randall's limitations and instead, spending more time developing Dawkins and making him the #2 guy.

Yep, Dawkins has the whole package, just needs to develop and get the reps. But he'll be stuck as a back up next year behind Anu, right?

Glad ASU pulled this out. These rivalry games are crazy. ASU got burned plenty as I expected, but they sure put some good pressure on the U of A passers as well.

When I watched the first quarter, I was critical of Norvell for passing so much. But I guess the strategy was to jump out to a lead against U of A and put pressure on their back up QB's to score points and force them into turnovers. I guess it worked in the long run.

TJ

Reaction score
Brandon Dawkins looks to be a fine young QB. Also I believe Soloman will be coming back at QB so the UofA will be loaded next season. Nice for the Sun Devils to get the win.

Anu and Dawkins should be back and UofA gets two 4-star QBs in Devon Modster and Khalil Tate next season.

We're fine at the position.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anu and Dawkins will be back and UofA gets two 4-star QBs in Devon Modster and Khalil Tate next season.

We're fine at the position.

What are you going to do with all of them. LOL

The Sun Devils could use one.

TJ

Reaction score
Yep, Dawkins has the whole package, just needs to develop and get the reps. But he'll be stuck as a back up next year behind Anu, right? .

There is no guarantee Anu is starting, and there's even a slight chance he may transfer. First off, he did not seem to progress from year one to year two, which is important in any offense, injuries considered. Also, his dad was very critical (wrongfully so) of the coaching and training staffs for holding him out when he got concussed the second time. In addition to which, we have two four-star QBs coming in next season, so there's the chance that there's a four-man race for the starting spot.

Worth mentioning, but Anu's former HS coach is at UNLV.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no guarantee Anu is starting, and there's even a slight chance he may transfer. First off, he did not seem to progress from year one to year two, which is important in any offense, injuries considered. Also, his dad was very critical (wrongfully so) of the coaching and training staffs for holding him out when he got concussed the second time. In addition to which, we have two four-star QBs coming in next season, so there's the chance that there's a four-man race for the starting spot.

Worth mentioning, but Anu's former HS coach is at UNLV.

Do you think Rich Rod will be back? W. Virginia now has a few weeks before the bowl to make a good run at him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Great game until the b2b pick sixes. That was a big win for ASU to become bowl eligible and maybe they'll go with Perkins or White in the bowl game (although Graham is probably too loyal to sit Berco).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game until the b2b pick sixes. That was a big win for ASU to become bowl eligible and maybe they'll go with Perkins or White in the bowl game (although Graham is probably too loyal to sit Berco).

I think you nailed it. Graham is loyal to Berco. IMO, all season the Sun Devils could have used more of a running threat on the read option at QB. He will likely stick with him.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are you going to do with all of them. LOL

The Sun Devils could use one.

I think we are pretty well loaded at QB ourselves, its just that our guys haven't had any playing time. Will be interesting to see whether Manny Wilkins can hold off White and Perkins. I am sure it will be super competitive and whoever wins will force the others to think about transferring.

Frankly, I like White as a passer, but Wilkins and Perkins seem like better option quarterbacks. I think that we saw this year with Berco that Norvell doesn't seem real interested in modifying the offense to suit more of a pure passing qb. Time will tell and I think Spring ball and Tontazona will be a real battle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are pretty well loaded at QB ourselves, its just that our guys haven't had any playing time. Will be interesting to see whether Manny Wilkins can hold off White and Perkins. I am sure it will be super competitive and whoever wins will force the others to think about transferring.

Frankly, I like White as a passer, but Wilkins and Perkins seem like better option quarterbacks. I think that we saw this year with Berco that Norvell doesn't seem real interested in modifying the offense to suit more of a pure passing qb. Time will tell and I think Spring ball and Tontazona will be a real battle.

It's good to know the cupboard isn't bare.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's good to know the cupboard isn't bare.

Here's a little tidbit on Brady White:

The highest rated quarterback signee for Arizona State in the era of internet recruiting evaluation service.
Enrolled at ASU in January and participated in spring drills.
HIGH SCHOOL:

Unanimously rated a four-star recruit and a top-10 national quarterback prospect by every major publication.
Selected to participate in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was the starting quarterback for the West.
Was one of 16 nominees for the U.S. Army National Player of the Year in 2014.
Was one of the top performers at the prestigious Elite-11 quarterback event in 2014.
Listed by Rivals.com as the second-best pro style quarterback in the nation and the No. 54 overall recruit in the country; Ranked by ESPN as the No. 8 pocket quarterback in the country and the No. No 106 overall prospect in the nation; Rated by Scout.com as the No. 10 quarterback prospect in the country and the No. 143 overall recruit in the nation.
Passed for 10,835 yards over three years as a varsity quarterback.
Added 101 touchdown passes and ran for 19 scores at Hart High.
Threw for 3,725 yards with 45 passing touchdowns in 12 games as a senior in 2014.
Also ranked second on his team with 433 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
Totaled 4,535 passing yards with 41 touchdowns in 15 games as a junior in 2013.
Added 320 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on the ground.
Earned Second-Team All-America honors by MaxPreps as a junior.
Chose ASU over multiple Pac-12 offers as well as ones from Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Nebraska, Penn State and Tennessee.

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=209872551

See the "pro style quarterback" reference? That's what makes me real curious about how this plays out. I would love to see us modify our frequently boring offense to something like that, but I am just real skeptical about that happening. So White will have to adapt big time to compete with Wilkins and Perkins who can both really run the ball.

The descriptions of Perkins and Wilkins are also impressive.
http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=209396565
http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=209875846

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Injuries or not Rodriguez has to recruit better. Shocking how little talent there was on the field (that goes for ASU's side of the ball as well) considering how much each of these coaches talk. I don't think there was one player on the field today where you watched them play and knew they were a for sure NFL player.

Brady White will never take a snap at ASU from what I hear. It's Perkins job to lose. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tate starting at UA either.

Last edited: