Post 49ers Overreaction Thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah...you just draft one or two WRs and use your FA dollars on players non-Kyler dependent. It sucks if the drafted player doesn't vibe but it isn't as detrimental as a big contract on an older player.

If we drafted Nabers for example, and he didn't vibe with Kyler, Kyler is likely gone in a couple years and Nabers may vibe with the next QB while he is heading into his prime years. You sign Higgins, you pay 18 mil and have wasted two or three of his prime years not vibing with Kyler and acclimating to a young QB.
agree... Im spending my FA dollars on defense... IDL, maybe a backer,..and a vet corner,..not lock down but competent.

look at the draft for WR, Oline, IDL if someone drops,Edge, RB...and late round corners from small schools

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my response above
I agree. I would be alright drafting two two receivers but I’d also be bringing in some experience too. Higgins will cost way too much. I want nothing to do with Brown.
Do you think a guy like Curtis Samuel or Gabe Davis would be too much?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree. I would be alright drafting two two receivers but I’d also be bringing in some experience too. Higgins will cost way too much. I want nothing to do with Brown.
Do you think a guy like Curtis Samuel or Gabe Davis would be too much?
No thanks on Samuel.. guy is a walking injury. I like Davis, if he’s $10mm-ish. He was being dubbed as the next big thing just a year ago. Unsure what happened

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is just a false narrative.. where do people come up with this? Have never heard of kyler not vibing with a WR? We’ve just had serious lack of receiving options.
I agree DaHilg. I'm just saying for it to even be put in the air as a possibility. I've never heard personally Kyler give any indication of a lack of chemistry with any receiver we've ever had. If you can say one thing about Kyler is he doesn't throw teammates under the bus.