Suns @ Wizards 12-22-18

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need to stop with the Booker isolation when we are trying to close out a game. This would have been a win in regulation if they just kept playing normal basketball.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to stop with the Booker isolation when we are trying to close out a game. This would have been a win in regulation if they just kept playing normal basketball.

We go to too soon with about 4-6 minutes to go in the game.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Got on to say just that. The Booker Iso while everyone else stands still is too easy to defend. Can't even get a shot off, at the end of the game or any of the OT's.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker killed us this game.

Jackson going 1 for 8 didn't help. Booker with 33 points and 14 assists carried us much of the game and 54 minutes is far too many for someone still not into game shape. But I'd still prefer to see him playing the 2 spot late in games.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Suns should win if their FT is better. TJ miss 5 and Booker miss the most important one.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Igor man

at some point you might want to make a defensive adjustment and not double team Bradley Beal while leaving Bryant wide open.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton picked up two crappy calls near the end.

The over the backs on out of bounds.

The Beal travel/offensive-foul on Oubre.

Refs didn’t make the calls instead replay gave them the possession.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more , why would you not switch up your defensive calls , every single play was beal switching onto ayton and Holmes, give them some help for Christ sake

Beal wasn't the issue. The missed assignments in the pick and roll were.

I'm not sure how much of that is coaching and how much that is on the players

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That and missed fts
We’re always going to miss some free throws, especially late in a triple OT game. But nearly ALL of Bryant’s points were because we ignored him on the P&R. That is inexcusable after he does it twice. Instead he did it nonstop in regulation.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Ayton picked up two crappy calls near the end.

The over the backs on out of bounds.

The Beal travel/offensive-foul on Oubre.

Refs didn’t make the calls instead replay gave them the possession.

Yep. That's why I hate that replay rule. Refs can't go back and call a clear over the back foul, instead they're forced to make a bad call by giving the fouling team possession since it went off the guy who got fouled. NBA needs to adjust that rule that fouls CAN be called under review, otherwise reviewing those plays makes no sense.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We’re always going to miss some free throws, especially late in a triple OT game. But nearly ALL of Bryant’s points were because we ignored him on the P&R. That is inexcusable after he does it twice. Instead he did it nonstop in regulation.

The ones I'm talking about were at the end of regulation. Warren missed at least 3 and Booker missed 1 late as well.

The defense on Bryant was horrid throughout no question

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Suns beat themselves. Warren, Ayton, and Booker missed key FT’s that probably win the game. There could’ve been some better offense/defense substitutions as well but it’s hard for me to get mad at the loss. I was impressed with Ayton offensively and on the boards overall but he flat out gave up on a few defensive rotations and there were a couple big rebounds he could’ve at least gone after that he just stood around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The ones I'm talking about were at the end of regulation. Warren missed at least 3 and Booker missed 1 late as well.

The defense on Bryant was horrid throughout no question
The guy scored what—29 points? His CAREER high was 16 previous to this.

Inexcusable lack of coaching by Igor. This loss is on him. Not giving good directions at the end of the overtimes spelled doom. Booker’s hero ball wasn’t working, yet he does nothing to change that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The guy scored what—29 points? His CAREER high was 16 previous to this.

Inexcusable lack of coaching by Igor. This loss is on him. Not giving good directions at the end of the overtimes spelled doom. Booker’s hero ball wasn’t working, yet he does nothing to change that.
No way I am blaming a coach on one guy killing us in the PnR. Unless you can prove that he was telling guys not to worry about him. It was simply mental lapses by the players IMO.