Suns @ Wizards Sunday game thread 2-4-2024

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Multiple times today we had starters on for no reason. That's what bothers me.

I can't stand Vogel though
You do remember this is the Phoenix Suns, right? The Phoenix Suns that give up 20 point leads in 4th quarters? None of the starters played in the 4th quarter. When were they in when there was no reason for them to be?

NO NBA team will start resting their starters in the 3rd quarter, 30 point lead or not.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So I’m not going to bag on the team for winning, but you also don’t get celebrated for doing what you are supposed to do (beating a 9 win team).

This may be a bad take but it’s frustrating to see Beal score 14 in 40 minutes against ATL yet drop 43 in 31 minutes against his former team. Makes it seem like he was able to get “up” for this game but not against the Hawks. Maybe that’s just the human element at play but I’d really love to see a similar performance against a great opponent like the Bucks on Tuesday.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, the level of resistance, and effort, of Washington was so poor it felt like a preseason game. There was some All Star game defense going on. Including by the Suns on some plays.

So, no, we are not going to see guys like Bol or Watanabe get more playing time and see Vogel go 12 deep. Our bench isn't deep and it's not getting fixed this season. If he tried, we would lose more games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to Bradley Beal's tribute video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I’m not going to bag on the team for winning, but you also don’t get celebrated for doing what you are supposed to do (beating a 9 win team).

This may be a bad take but it’s frustrating to see Beal score 14 in 40 minutes against ATL yet drop 43 in 31 minutes against his former team. Makes it seem like he was able to get “up” for this game but not against the Hawks. Maybe that’s just the human element at play but I’d really love to see a similar performance against a great opponent like the Bucks on Tuesday.
Or maybe he’s getting used to a mask and his nose is a little better? Lol this is a terrible take on an injured player that was also playin really well before the injury!

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
This game went as I had foreseen it going,,,except for Book getting into foul trouble so early.

Credit for the guys giving Beal the scoring opps as he wanted to shine at his previous long term team.

Bol Bol's long arms did their job,,,,and he can shoot away from the rim. Keep giving him minutes as he provides a deterrent in blocking up the lane.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Had a great time yesterday at the game. The feeling in the building was that Book was getting some ticky-tacky calls. I'd say my section was 40% to 50% suns fans (behind the bench) and we had a blast.

Bol Bol was like watching a carnival act live. So glad I got to witness his return. And he has skills too. The length is REAL.

Really would like to see KBD, Durant, Bol Bol, Beal, & Book together down the road. That defensive length could be huge if Bol doesn't instantly get turned in to the pigeon.

The bench was fun too. A good day all around. Josh, KBD, & EG all were fun to see.

KD is just effortless for the most part. When he is in his groove, he is the best player on the team and its pretty overwhelming IMO. Book still looks and acts like the lead dog, but KD is just...... so KD from a talent perspective.

I've seen Book drop 42 in the finals and think he's the best sun ever so I'm not getting any specific way about things. It's just so obvious who should get the ball in the end-game scenarios. And when Book or Beal are hot..... we have two options IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal was a beast. This is exactly what needs to happen. Book, KD and Beal need to alternate having games like this because it will make things extremely difficult to game plan for this offense.

By the way, KD hit some turnaround jumpers that were SICK!!!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is kinda nuts that in 7 of the last 10 games we’ve been led by someone scoring more than 40.
We are now what 13-6 with the big three? I am trying to put the above and that into perspective considering what a roller coaster season this has been. I mean, had they been healthy from day one, the big 3 pace would be 34-16.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or maybe he’s getting used to a mask and his nose is a little better? Lol this is a terrible take on an injured player that was also playin really well before the injury!
I hope that’s the case bc this team desperately needs him to play to his potential.

Prior to exploding against the Wizards he was averaging 13 PPG & shooting 35% over the 5 games since his injury occurred.

My point in my original post was I hope it wasn’t merely a case of him deciding he was going to be aggressive bc the game against the Wizards meant more to him.

Playing well against the Bucks tomorrow will go a long way in proving the mask is no longer an issue.

A personal pet peeve of mine is when a player is capable of greatness but only flashes it occasionally. If Beal decides to play to his potential then who knows what the ceiling actually is for this team. To this point I feel he has really deferred to Booker & KD.