Suns @ Wizards 12-22-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns continue their five game road trip in Washington to face the Wizards on Saturday.

In a way it is almost like revisiting the Ariza trade. The Wizards (12-20) have lost their last two games with Ariza while the Suns (8-24) have won their last four games. Oubre debuted with the Suns in their 111-103 win over the Celtics. Rivers was waived by the Suns.

The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. Arizona time and it will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Here are some comments from Josh Jackson concerning Ariza.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can tomorrow come any sooner? We had some good momentum going but now with a 2 day break that seem like forever, I hope we can go in there and stick it to Ariza.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Wall or bad Wall? Good Ariza or bad Ariza. Good Wizards or self destructive Wizards?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Here are some comments from Josh Jackson concerning Ariza.

Between JJ's comment and Oubre's "We got Washington next let’s get that one for sure" comment I am even more excited to see this game. I get the feeling this team is going to bring it on Saturday. Especially considering Ariza's attitude while he was here. This team will want to give him an L pretty badly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Between JJ's comment and Oubre's "We got Washington next let’s get that one for sure" comment I am even more excited to see this game. I get the feeling this team is going to bring it on Saturday. Especially considering Ariza's attitude while he was here. This team will want to give him an L pretty badly.

I can see the opposite as well. The Ariza trade gives a lot more meaning to the game. It should be exciting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This young team playing defense especially is fun to watch. They are like 6 year olds that just figured out that they actually now know how to ride a bike.

"We can do this!"

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This young team playing defense especially is fun to watch. They are like 6 year olds that just figured out that they actually now know how to ride a bike.

"We can do this!"

Built quicker, better, faster. :cool:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And Ariza takes notice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
More detail on Ariza comments.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
More detail on Ariza comments.

Still hope he takes an L though. He doesn't seem to be salty about anything, granted he shouldn't be considering the Suns paid him very well and then gave him his wish of being traded.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Still hope he takes an L though. He doesn't seem to be salty about anything, granted he shouldn't be considering the Suns paid him very well and then gave him his wish of being traded.

Absolutely. How sweet would it be for the Suns to sweep this five game road trip. One step at a time though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
was amazing to see suns beat celtics watching the gm a t work was in shock afterwards lol

hope suns continue there good streak

great to see ayton playing well will take a double double from him most nights.

if suns find a quality pg in draft barrett etc o r da they could be a surprise next yr.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brooklyn is going to be tough though. 2nd game of a B2B against a team that is also streaking.

Yikes. I didn't realize the Nets had won 7 games in a row going into tonight's game against the Pacers.

And as you point out it is the second game of a back-to-back for the Suns.

All the remaining road games will be tough.

After the Suns win four games in a row, visions of sugar plums dance in my head.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
8-24 Suns team? And I'm blowing off free booze at an in-laws X-mas party to watch the boys try and extend their streak? Heck yeah! Go Suns!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yikes. I didn't realize the Nets had won 7 games in a row going into tonight's game against the Pacers.

And as you point out it is the second game of a back-to-back for the Suns.

All the remaining road games will be tough.

After the Suns win four games in a row, visions of sugar plums dance in my head.

They just lost to Indiana. They are playing well, though! Should be a really good game.

EDIT:
On a side note, Derren Collison will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. He could be a really interesting, cheap option for the Suns at PG. He is a bit older, but he defends well, dribbles the ball well, can shoot the three, and doesn't turn the ball over much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a good time of year for this game in particular after the trade and where the Suns are at. They're starting to learn who they are and they got a game with some personal undertones to it. They can't afford to be blown out. They've got a chip on their shoulder and need to smack Washington upside their head. Everyone needs to go hard at them at all night. I'd love to see Ariza posterized by a couple of Suns. They have a lot of momentum on their side but it doesn't seem like they're buying into the hype. I was worried about that in the Celtics game but they got things under control, from the looks of it. They may have won 4 in a row but I don't think they're viewing this as win number 5 so much as a game they need to win with no excuses.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a side note, Derren Collison will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. He could be a really interesting, cheap option for the Suns at PG. He is a bit older, but he defends well, dribbles the ball well, can shoot the three, and doesn't turn the ball over much.

Big fan of Collison. I've mentioned him before as an older player I'd like to the Suns inquire about. Rubio is still the top of my PG wishlist and followed by Tyus Jones and Dinwiddie but Collison is probably top 5 for me. Age is more of a factor but I don't see that as an issue for us. If he's got the right attitude then he could be a good mentor for a year or two for Melton or Okobo, if we view them as more than temporary pieces.

I'm liking Melton a lot also. I would have said he was behind Canaan, Okobo, and Shaq Harrison to start the season but he's not the odd man out anymore. Hope we're able to lock him in after 2 years because I know his contract was shortened due to our cap restrictions when he signed as we were over the cap.