Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Didn’t say he was Embiid but as pointed out if you look at Ayton in his 4th year and Embiid it’s really not that big of a gap as the poster pointed out

Again NOBODY said he was Embiid that’s you not taking post into context and jumping to something else

Oh sorry I thought you said he was better defensively. Embiid has been all-defense multiple times.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say that given how many games Devin has missed and how poorly he and CP3 started the season and how soft Ayton is and how horrible Cam Payne has been and how invisible Cam Johnson has been and how incredibly bad Shamet has been and how weak Bridges has been offensively and how lousy Nader has played and how inconsistent Crowder has been and how incredibly bad Payton is and how injured Frank Kaminsky has been and how poorly Monty has coached in addition to all the Sarver-related distractions we're awfully lucky that McGee signed with us.

Also a lot of teams seriously underrated how much McGee could help them, especially for $5 million dollars.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A healthy Embiid is a better player than Ayton.
We rarely get to see it but a healthy Embiid is probably just behind Wilt, Kareem and maybe Shaq for best big man ever. And even when he's healthy enough to play he's still not healthy enough to practice regularly or get into shape to play his best.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Embiids problem isn’t only his health it’s his work ethic. Shaq, Barkley, Steven A the media is always calling him out for not being in shape and just being to winded to finish games.

His conditioning is poor which is something he should be in control of and isn’t. The injuries idk because he was dealing with significant issues before he was drafted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His conditioning is poor which is something he should be in control of and isn’t. The injuries idk because he was dealing with significant issues before he was drafted.
Yeah with his injuries there's no way he could be in peak game shape. The Embiid we see is a shadow of the Embiid he could be if health was never an issue for him.

Finito

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Oh sorry I thought you said he was better defensively. Embiid has been all-defense multiple times.

I think he is better defensively right now. This is also Embiid’s 8th year and Ayton is 24

They are different defenders. Ayton is asked to guard the perimeter much more and he’s statistically the best in the NBA for a center when he switches on to a guard.

However Embiid is light years better on offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiids problem isn’t only his health it’s his work ethic. Shaq, Barkley, Steven A the media is always calling him out for not being in shape and just being to winded to finish games.

I don't know which came first.

It's like the chicken and the egg question.

Finito

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I don't know which came first.

It's like the chicken and the egg question.

There were videos of this dude eating Big Macs on the sidelines before games.

He’s super talented but he’s far from a perfect player. All these guys have flaws expect for a small few

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We rarely get to see it but a healthy Embiid is probably just behind Wilt, Kareem and maybe Shaq for best big man ever. And even when he's healthy enough to play he's still not healthy enough to practice regularly or get into shape to play his best.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Embiid could have been that good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were videos of this dude eating Big Macs on the sidelines before games.

He’s super talented but he’s far from a perfect player. All these guys have flaws expect for a small few

You are making me hungry. I think I'm going to give him a call and see if we can go out for a snack.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have to say that given how many games Devin has missed and how poorly he and CP3 started the season and how soft Ayton is and how horrible Cam Payne has been and how invisible Cam Johnson has been and how incredibly bad Shamet has been and how weak Bridges has been offensively and how lousy Nader has played and how inconsistent Crowder has been and how incredibly bad Payton is and how injured Frank Kaminsky has been and how poorly Monty has coached in addition to all the Sarver-related distractions we're awfully lucky that McGee signed with us.
Lol. I think you’re off on monty. He hasn’t really attracted much negative attention (maybe at beginning of season?)

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. I think you’re off on monty. He hasn’t really attracted much negative attention (maybe at beginning of season?)
With our record there's been far less opportunity to pile on to any player or coach but Monty's taken some hits in the game day threads, including our most recent game.